[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my country has NO technology industry how can my coujntry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 989d676fdce870d8.jpg (33KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
989d676fdce870d8.jpg
33KB, 500x312px
my country has NO technology industry
how can my coujntry become technology
>>
ask costa rica
>>
nah, you're too small and too fucked to get anything
the sad thing is that we are big and have potential but still dont have anything
>>
>>78401925
Didn't they just lose their Intel plant?
>>
>>78401948
potential?

>>78401925
what
>>
>>78402117
don't ask me, it's just foreigners that keep saying we will be a power soon and shit since forever but i dont see this happening so something's wrong
>>
>>78401894
You can't, you don't have the resources to compete with Asian countries that are trying to do just that on investment alone (Singapore, Arab gulf states, etc.) and you don't have the conditions to build on a large manufacturing base as a backbone, also no significant internal market to pay for that.

There's a lot of things you can do right and I'm rooting for you guys to be amongst the first developed econmies in the region, but you will never do anything more than token advanced research and development.
>>
>>78402117
Costa Rica has, or had Intel CPU's factories
Ask the USA to be a colony of them
>>
>>78402117
>>78402293
Intel Manufacturing left cause we're too expensive, most of what we have is service type shit because I guess we're good at making decently qualified professionals
>>
>>78401894
lower taxes for tech industry dummie
>>
>>78402394
lol same nobody wants to make industries here only service

>>78402265
what kind of resources?
what about a software industry
check visualpolitiks video on israel
inb4 >visualpolitik
>>
>>78402420
true, very smart. ireland
>>
>>78401894
Get rare earth plant running in the neighborhood.
>>
File: 1465929216359.jpg (73KB, 1193x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1465929216359.jpg
73KB, 1193x1045px
>>78402477
>ireland
>>
>>78402461
Have you played any of the Civiloization games? ]You need to produce a certain amount of surplus to invest in universities, for you there's a limit to what you produce even with an economy artificially inflated by worldwide financial services, a lot of that money doesn't belong to Panamanians and isn't getting taxed (that's the whole point) so you don't have the BILLIONS it would take to attract the academic talent and research grants it would take to create an equivalent to MIT.

Sure, you can work on a software industry, can you compete with China or even Africa? Hell can you invest enough you could compete with say Polish vidya developers?

Man, there are a LOT of real advantages to being a small country but even say Hong Kong or Taiwan can't compete on an even footing with the EU, let alone the USA. This isn't saying you shouldn't invest in tech, I'm sure there's some areas where you could move forward as an industry hub with a good plan, but you'll never be an academic/thecnology Meccah.

To put this in raw numbers Mexico is graduating over 100k engineers and computer science a year,

http://www.mexico-it.net/mexico-become-world-leader-engineering-computer-science-graduates/

On 2008 we had over a million STEM grads, that's something like a quarter of your country's full population.

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/mexico-offers-money-alternative-solve-united-states-stem-talent-shortage/

And we are small potatoes compared to China or India, you can't compete with that on just raw numbers.
>>
>>78402670
yeah but i wonder if its a zero sum game. why do i need to compete with china? in what term? cheap labor and manufacture? or the product itself?
we have the money, we can become education hub if we invest in it. that is not a problem.
>>
>>78401894
> why do i need to compete with china?
Because China is a global power in manufacture
>in what term?
In everything
There is no reason for anyone to buy from you if you don't offer either better products or cheaper ones
>we have the money, we can become education hub
That also takes a time, and its far more expensive than you think
>>
>>78401894
Nigga fuck that noise you're not big enough anyway.
Just keep being a sexy offshore.
>>
>>78402827
Shit meant for >>78402801
>>
>>78402801
>in what term?
Silicon Valley is successful for two reasons:
1. Cheap overworked underpaid immigrant programmers from countries like India
2. Cheap underpaid Chinese labour

So import some programming slaves from Kenya or some shit and outsource manual labour to North Korea if you really want to compete.
>>
>>78402839
we have more potential than you, stfu
>>78402827
there must be a niche, tech is big. we can supply chinks like taiwan does. taiwan and singapore do tech
>>
>>78402941
>Kenyan programmers
lol wut
indian programmers are cheap but cant sustain an industry theyre sloppy., maybe ukranian
>>
>>78402944
Relax, they are the same as you but with 10000 times the money and they are no tech hub
What chance do you stand?
>>
>>78403005
>>78403005
switzerland is a tech hub
>>
>>78403027
Innovative is not the same as tech industry
>>
>>78402944
>we have more potential than you, stfu
Dont know what you're so offended about. Your banking industry is great.
>more potential
We're the most developed cunt in the world. So maybe you have more total potential because you're still relatively underdeveloped. Same way the Congo has potential.
>>78402966
Doesnt matter where from as long as they're cheap
>>
>>78402801
Dude, you could technically become the world's greatest power in steam technology, we don't live in a world where that's high tech tho, it's not that this is zero sum, is in order to become a high tech hub you do have to actually be more advanced than most everyone else.

Take Scandinavian countries, they invest a lot more in high quality STEm education than most other places, are they a high tech power? They're advanced in some areas but the answer is no, guys who make it there will eventually move to working in better facilities and with better resources in the US, because they do remain today the world's high tech meccah, even if the stuff they're working on actually gets manufactured in China or Mexico.

You're simply not going to match the resources they have and how else are you going to attract the world's top talent? Are people going to go work in Panama for less money and in more austere conditions?

Like I said, there may be some fields in which you could work, attract enough top talent others will flock in just for the chance to work with them, but are you going to become one of the top R&D centers in the world? No, this is competitive.

Think medals in the Olympics.
>>
>>78402944
Objectively no, the Swiss are the world's masters when it comes to precission mechanical engineering. Think Rolex or Victorinox. And they do industrial stuff as well, you expect a certain level of quality from something that's got Swiss made on it, that's top talent they mostly produce domestically.
>>
>>78403114
We're a pioneer in pharmaceutical, chemical, medical industries as well as all kinds of engineering.
>>
>>78403162
I know, also Nestlé, although along with some of your banking and pharma those border on world domination evil, but precission engineering is an easy one to use as an example for what the Swiss can do. Only a moron would argue you are not the world's best and I don't mean it as a compliment, it's acknowledging reality.
>>
>>78403045
lol im not offended im just trying to fish answers fagit
we have potential because we have good geographic position and more resources than singapore. so we should get to that level at least
>>78403066
> doesnt know that sweden has the most multinationals per capita
> Are people going to go work in Panama for less money and in more austere conditions?
yes
>>
>>78403298
Other than IKEA (which is now Dutch) and Volvo (Chinese ffs) I can't think of many Swedish multinationals, shell investment corps are just a result of large investment form the public sector, the Swedes are good at managing their wealth but most of what they own is corps operating in other nations (and often on proinciples much unlike what they prefer at home) they're not getting much in the way of R&D for their country out of that. And the Swiss do actually enjoy better living standards even if they keep a lower profile regarding meme livebale cities lists.

>> Are people going to go work in Panama for less money and in more austere conditions?
yes
You're just being disingenous here, I don't mean to have an argument with you, I simply provided you with a straight answer, if it's not good enough for you fine, don't make it a pissing contest. You're being defensive about your nation even tho I have yet to write a single bad thing about it.
>>
>>78401894
how about we just give you California
>>
File: 675676.png (735KB, 814x767px) Image search: [Google]
675676.png
735KB, 814x767px
>>78403463
pissing contest? lol what
dont pretend im going to get pissed because of some thing you say, or because i told senpai switzerland to stfu tsunderely and cutely

theres nothing you could write that would make me defensive about my country, even though thats what youre looking for.
its easy to attract talent when you create opportunities thats all.
btw im having a huge deja vu right now. i dreamt of writing this post before. shieet
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.