[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: quirky things about foreign countries you noticed traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1502788223261.jpg (109KB, 614x643px) Image search: [Google]
1502788223261.jpg
109KB, 614x643px
ITT: quirky things about foreign countries you noticed traveling abroad
>Poland
Polish flags literally everywhere, they would put Americans to shame.
>>
>>78393965
Really? Maybe it was a national holiday
>>
Australians were really, really touchy
People meme about Americans being loud and touchy but we have nothing on Australians
Freaky fucks, I never want to go back. It felt like I was in some fever dream. Random guys wearing a wife-beater and sport shorts would introduce themselves with a hug.
>>
>>78394031
I'm not sure, I was in Poland from May 1st to 3rd, visited Krakow and the nearby areas.
>>
>>78394409
>polish flags everywhere from may 1st to 3rd
gee i wonder why
>>
>>78394526
Why, what happens in those specific days?
>>
File: 1476393856162.jpg (23KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1476393856162.jpg
23KB, 349x356px
>walking in city centre of Bratislava with girl
>foreign flags everywhere
>she asks which country they belong to
>i get every single right
>she is btfo and impressed
>asks how i know all those flags
>mfw
>>
>>78394563
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_3rd_Constitution_Day
>>
>>78394594
And that's when your sister figured out you were autistic.
>>
>Sweden
>Stockholm is as multicultural as NYC
>still safe to walk around after dark

>Finland
>every holiday
>flags everywhere

>Estonia
>there's more Finnish spoken in Tallin than Estonian

>Netherlands
>Dutch pretend they can all speak English well
>they actually sound like shit with their fake American accents

>Germany
>the meme about Anglos (UK/AUS/NZ/USA) working in all the restaurants, cafes and bars is true
>>
British and Irish people overfeed their pets to an unhealth degree and spoil them
"Irish are drunks" isn't that much of an exxageration
American stereotypes are shockingly true
American education is more lax than any European or South American country
>>
>>78394594
>not knowing all the flags of the world since your childhood, before knowing /int/
Jeez, these amateurs shouldn't be allowed to post on /int/.
>>
Portuguese are white not brown. 88 666
>>
>>78395135
Everything suddenly makes a lot more sense.
>>
it's so fucking awkward when you meet someone for the first time in anglo country, or when you leave someone that you just spent some time with, like they just stand still and wave their hand and say "byyye"

this is a very american thing to do btw
>>
>>78393965
It's like that in Israel year round. I think they put up a ton for independence day, then leave them up until they get destroyed by the sun. The country is already full of tattered, white flags.

And the worst part about it is what an awfully tacky shade of blue they chose. I wonder how long it took to decide on that color. S m h.
>>
>>78393965
europoors smoke a lot

I became a passive smoker just walking through the streets Vienna, and Prague.
>>
UK: It seems like half the population vapes. I even saw "no vaping" included on some no smoking signs.

UK (London, especially): Bookmakers and dry cleaners on every block.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.