[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hudson Bay Company store in Montréal, just removed a plaque

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: jefferson-davis-plaque.jpg (210KB, 620x547px) Image search: [Google]
jefferson-davis-plaque.jpg
210KB, 620x547px
The Hudson Bay Company store in Montréal, just removed a plaque commemorating Jefferson Davis, president of the rebel Confederate States of America.
In English the plaque reads:
>In memory of Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederate States, who, in 1867, stayed at the home of John Lovell in this location." (Plaque erected in 1957 by the daughters of the confederacy)

Does your country tear down symbols of historical importance due to muh feels?
>>
>>78375967
Flag
No, we were never friendly to slavers and their ilk
>>
>>78376050
That's nice, everyone like a civilised nation that values human life.
>>
>>78376119
Yes, we've also made some advances in protecting our environment. Did you know it's illegal to hunt marine mammals in Mexico?
>>
File: 1377224968789.gif (2MB, 297x196px) Image search: [Google]
1377224968789.gif
2MB, 297x196px
>>78376050
>civil war was about slavery and racism
>>
>>78376251
Whether the war was aboit slavery or not, Davis was a slaver.
>>
File: naseals9.jpg (362KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
naseals9.jpg
362KB, 927x1200px
>>78376206
Why though? Do you hate soft fur and a viable fishing industry?
>>
>>78376285
As was George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and quite a few others.
>>
>historical importance due to muh feels?

Sorry, but not everything historical is truly historic. I plague commemorating a deciding battle is historic but some plague were some dude had a shit is just historical and not really relevant.

The plague was stupid in the first place.
>>
>>78376323
t. Trump

I am aware, they also lived a century earlier when slavery was acceptable in most countries.
>>
I don't understand the removal of historical relics even if controversial. The old Stalin and Lenin statues would be real tourists attractions for example. Lenin's tomb's still ok, right?
>>
>>78376396
I amn't Trump
>>
>>78376385
I disagree, before this I had no idea that Jefferson Davis had been to Canada. That's an interesting historical fact and things like this help us feel more connected to our, and our neighbor's, history.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.