[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are some cultures inherently more potent than others? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Trumpgrandparents.jpg (211KB, 1046x812px) Image search: [Google]
Trumpgrandparents.jpg
211KB, 1046x812px
Are some cultures inherently more potent than others? Pic related are Don's grandparents. Germans. I don't know if Fred Trump knew German, but I'm pretty sure none of the Trump siblings now know German. I observe the same phenomena in a host of others immigrants.

Compare and contrast with Americans of eastern origins. Most the children of immigrants of Asia I know of speak their parent's language. Even closer to home all the Mexicans are adamant about Spanish and teaching their children Spanish to the point that I myself had to take 4 years of Spanish in high school. (despite the fact I had other languages in mind -_-)
>>
>>78368162
Is that the pimp grandpa? Funny he got her chin
>>
>>78368162
not the case here, arab kids who were born here barely can speak arabic same with some sikihs
>>
>>78368280
>mfw the kuffars are buying the taqiyya
>>
>>78368239
Yeah it's uncanny how much Trump looks like her Grandma.
>>78368280
Is that the multiculturalism at work? All the Arabs I know speak Arabic.
>>
>>78368310
*his.
>>
I'm pretty sure that if state governments decided tomorrow to close down all Spanish-speaking media and newspapers, including Spanish schools/sunday schools and put Mexicans into internment camps like they did in the case of German then it would go the same fate.

You seem to be very ignorant of your own country's past state-sponsored assimilation policies which sometimes resulted in straight-up oppression and discrimination. I'd say rose-colored.

This whole multicultural approach we are seeing right now is a very recent phenomenon in American history.
>>
>>78368378
The internment of Germans was a minor affair. Not really that many were interned. You do make a good point on the shift in American culture. German culture and language was suppressed during the wars when we had millions of speakers.

That being said, the Japanese were interned at a much higher rate and even so most Japanese I know speak Japanese, even my half Japanese friend (despite the fact that German and English are way more similar than English and Japanese. And the Japanese and other Eastern origin Americans are very much into their heritage. I cant drive 5 blocks without seeing a sushi or Chinese joint.
>>
>>78368162
i suppose it was much easier for germans to assimilate than it was for asians and mexicans
>>
>>78368622
Targeting German language and culture goes deeper than interment as you note. It began heavily during WW1, but it's roots go back to the founders who were skeptical of the heavy German migration during their lifetimes. If USA didn't have the "beat back the huns" sediment, i'd imagine we'd have a much stronger German presence.
>>
>>78368680
True, but what about the 18 million Italians? Or the nearly 10 million Frenchmen and 10 million Poles in America?
>>78368659
Yeah that's mostly true. I find that the white hispanics tend to care less about spanish and their cultures. But there are some exceptions. Ashkenazi Jews can pass as any other European American but they still are big on culture. (which tbf is partly religion, but that could fall under culture as well.)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.