[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which language is the most valuable to speak in combination with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: chong nonsi.jpg (114KB, 1080x970px) Image search: [Google]
chong nonsi.jpg
114KB, 1080x970px
Which language is the most valuable to speak in combination with German and English in terms of business value?
The goal is to emigrate and to one of the respective countries and possibly using the language skills to earn money.

No meme answers please. Here are the contestants:
- Mandarin Chinese
- Spanish
- Indonesian
- Thai
>>
Crimean Tatar
>>
>>78350796
Spanish and indonesian are relatively easy to learn, so i would choose one of these.
Thai is much harder and has retarded writing system.
Same with chinese, but additionaly you will have the misfortune of dealing with the chinese, so it's the worst of all.
>>
WIth german and english i would say french, your languages have to be coherent. Idk who would care about you speaking thai if they care about english and german.
>>
>>78350796
French. Go to the best part of switzerland, Canada, Belgium, Luxembourg.
>>
Spanish or French

Indonesian/Thai - Low value languages also difficult for someone driven by monetary gain.
Mandarin - Learning this will only bring you "generic business stupidity" value if you are actually good at something, regardless expat jobs will likely be available for you in China without Mandarin. YOU WILL NOT be able to become fluent in Mandarin if you not passionate about it / already live there.

Ultimately I would just say French, if you want to live in SA then sure learn Spanish.

For me personally I wouldn't want to live in a developing country so i wouldn't bother. French and English gives you unfettered access to the most powerful European economies and a bunch of nice places. IMO as a Native European learning French/German/English is the best goal for mobility/cost/effort.
>>
>>78350937
What about Cantonese?
>>
>>78350796
Yiddish
>>
>>78350796
the language of love
>>
Thai and indonesian are mostly useless
Spanish countries are poor
Most useful is china if want business
If want travel then spanish
>>
>>78355464
French is probably the least useful of all the large European languages. France is not a particularly nice country. Nor is the part of Africa where people speak "French". Wether it's tourism or business, France really is lagging behind the rest of Europe.

>>78355517
That's even worse, to be honest. It has even more tones.
>>
How about sign language?
It'd be fun to speculate though
>>
>>78355762
Well if you include large European languages as English French and German then yes arguably it is weaker.

Regardless of what you think of France it's still the 2nd economy on the continent and still an active language of many organisations/multinationals. Along with being a key language in important EU areas such as Geneva/Brussels/Luxembourg.

Yes Spanish is a "big" language, but Spain is doing worst in almost every Metric than France and is also not spoken. In any other key regions in Europe. Spanish is popular in ok countries like Argentina/Chile/Mexico I don't really see these as being a smart choice for a European looking to improve their lives.

I think you also have a weak understanding of how "French" business is relevant, France is powerful in big cooperate structures and organisations making it a good language for someone working white-collar. Its also certainly good for Tourism as it probably has the largest variety of destinations in all of Europe. As a city-worker I would usually recommend between French/German for a European as your closest partners are usually your most important.
>>
>>78355762
bullshits
>>
>>78350796
spanish, you can learn french later if you know a latin languague, it will be easier, french is useless unless your are a big fan of literrature or have to work directly in france
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.