[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your country Why do literature Nobel prices and especially "peace"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Nobel_Prize.png (377KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Nobel_Prize.png
377KB, 500x492px
Your country

Why do literature Nobel prices and especially "peace" Nobel prices exist?
>>
For fun.
>>
>>78338612
For teh lulz
>>
>>78338612
For politics
>>
>>78338612
I don't know the history and how those two categories came, but they seem more like a couple of meme awards than the actual nobel prizes. I guess my country proved that when we decided to give Obama the peace prize for doing nothing else than campaigning for his presidency and saying promising words for his voters in that respect.
>>
>>78338612
Kike indoctrination

Obama got the peace prize to cover up the fact that he has worsened the middle east and created the global assassination program.
>>
>>78338612

The peace prize exists solely because Alfred Nobel wanted to be inclusive of the Norwegians (this was during the union), and let them award something too.
>>
>>78338902
He had not done anything yet when he received it. He got it because he was speaking promising words about what he was going to do for peace and so on. It was also political, it's generally said that Jagland wanted to shake hands with the president. It was a rediculous thing to give it to Obama, but it was not what you're talking about.
>>
>>78338981
Probably this.
>>
>>78338612
Peace was because peace is a good thing and litterature because it is the worlds most expressive art-form.
>>
>>78342018

Literature is also important because some writers who received it did do a lot for humanity. Take Solzhenitsyn (Nobel laureate 1970), for example. He really did a lot to make the west understand the evils of communism and the Soviet union.
>>
>>78338612
I don't trust Novel Prize fairness even in the other fields. It smells money and politics.
>>
>>78342094
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
>>
File: 1502747800424.jpg (73KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1502747800424.jpg
73KB, 1200x630px
>>78342094
>Japan doesn't receive enough prizes! Money and politics! Why is Sweden so friendly with Korea!?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.