[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the punishment of caning, as used in Singapore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Canes.jpg (801KB, 724x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Canes.jpg
801KB, 724x1104px
What do you think of the punishment of caning, as used in Singapore and Malaysia?

Bonus points if any fags from these countries have ever been caned or know anyone who has. Tell us about it.

Personally, I wouldn't advocate for punishments like this, but at the same time, if someone vandalized my car or something and caning was the punishment, I wouldn't object.
>>
Aren't punishments supposed to not be actual punishments but some kind of "reeducation" and "re indoctrination" into feminist and communist values?
>>
>>78284114
I don't really know tbqh. I mean intellectually yeah, I think rehabilitation should be the point, not retribution, but I am still human so I can't and won't pretend that I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of knowing that some punk was getting his ass literally whipped for fucking with my shit. You know?
>>
>>78284278
I understand and support your viewpoint.
>>
>>78284541
I was really hoping some Malaysians or Singaporeans would come and give us their two cents but I guess I was thinking about this at the wrong time of day for them.
>>
>>78284650
Probably.
>>
>>78283914
I was caned at school. Don't see anything particularly wrong with it. I was being a wee shite and got corrected. No different than detention desu. Ones physical pain and the other is mental
>>
>>78284952
Did this happen in the UK? Can you explain how this is done there? The canes used in southeast Asia do pretty serious damage and cause excruciating pain, which I doubt a British school would do to a student.
>>
>>78283914
I'm far from leftist but i think it's retarded
Makes the victim feel a bit better maybe ? And ?
Doesn't fix shit

>>78284952
>No different than detention desu. Ones physical pain and the other is mental
No because detention stops the guy from doing crime
If he is in jail he is not committing crime obviously

Here you cane the thief, then the next day he goes back to thieving. It's dumb.
>>
>>78285126
Actually I think caning is always in addition to jail time in those countries, not a substitute. I've also read that it can take considerable time to heal, depending on the number of strokes given.
>>
>>78285011
Happened in NI, went to an all-boys Catholic school. Aye those canes in your pic are thick as fuck. Ours were very thin and made of ash or something
You'd get 3-5 whips on the knuckles/palm depending on the offence/teacher
>>78285126
Detention is not a prison sentence. It's a 2 hour waste of time after school, ruining your day and making sure that when your da gets the letter in the post, you'll get a slap anyway. Kids get detention nowadays, doesn't stop them being wee shites the next day
>>
If it keeps the buildings tag-free and the sidewalk gum-free then I'm all for it.
>>
Wait, they cane criminals you mean? I thought you were talking about in school. The fuck would you cane a criminal for? He's already locked up
>>
>>78285178
Ok then it makes more sense.
I still think it's pointless t b h.
Imo you find the criminal you put him in jail as long as possible and you make him work all day so he makes himself useful. Torturing him for pleasure doesn't fit my idea of the state, i think the state should be cold and have no way to judge morally. It's a state it's not a church.
It should be maximum efficiency only, machine-like, no personal shit, no morals, no feelings one way or the other.

>>78285210
Oh you mean the heures de colle. My bad.
>>
>>78285126
Detention isn't really anything like prison.
Detention is generally designed a punishment around acting out, while prison physically separates law abiding citizens from criminals.

With detention, there's an implicit understanding that you are voluntarily attending. If you really did not give a shit, you would not come. No one can physically accost you and force you to attend detention.

Detention is really just a method of forcing a student to do nothing and waste their time. It never instills any discipline.

That makes it pure punishment for those who have a chance at rehabilitating and re-integrating into society, which is ironically the opposite of what should be happening.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.