[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rank the colonial empires, from best to worst?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png (512KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png
512KB, 2753x1400px
How would you rank the colonial empires, from best to worst?
(scoring both their ability to conquer/control, but also build them into functioning societies)

1) England
2) Rome
3) Spain
4) Greeks
5) Ottomans
6) France
7) Umayyad
8) Soviet Union
9) Portugal
10) Netherlands
11) America
12) Japan
99) Belgium
>>
>>78249327
Burma was part of India.
>>
File: what the hell am i reading.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell am i reading.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>American Colonial empire
>>
>implying the US engaged in colonialism
>leaving out Germany
>>
>9)
>implying we didn't invest in the colonies
The only reason Angola, etc. are shit today is because the KGB-funded revolution of (((liberation))) destroyed anything whitey had built there.
>>
>>78249327
ottoman empire was not a colonial one
conquering =/= colonizing
>>
>>78249815
Philippines, Guam, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Liberia, and Various islands in the pacific.
Learn your own history yank.
>>
>>78249946
I'm not him, but a lot of Americans don't consider it imperialism or colonialism. That's probably what he meant.
>>
>>78249946
>all of which, excluding Liberia are/were unorganized territories
You obviously know nothing of the law regarding this in America, or you'd understand that they are in no way a colony.

Also Liberia was just founded by America, they had full sovereignty however. Similar to San Marino in Europe
>>
>>78249933
are you retarded?
>>
>>78250068
prove me wrong
>>
>>78249883
What about us then?
>>
>>78250851
CIA funded revolution of (((liberation)))
>>
>>78249327
Spain is better than the UK if you leave Canadá, US and australia NZ aside
>>
>>78250851
You guys got a shitty independence deal from our treasonous king.
>>
That's nice. But we colonized England.
>>
Spain was Rome 2.0 Tbvh, except maybe in the religious part.
>>
>>78249327
Look, I love Rome, but the territories of the Spanish Empire were far better than the colonies of the Roman Empire, they just so happened to fuck up really badly after that.
>>
>>78249327
9) place?
we were the first global empire and the last to fall.
just going to the facts.
btw it's good that the age of the empires is over...we should protect our nations, blood and soil.
>>
>>78250931
Would rather live in Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Africa or Barbados than in most of Latin America desu (Except Chile, I love you guys.)
>>
>>78249327
>colonial empires
>roman
>greek
>ottoman
>soviet union
>ummayyad

Are you retarded?
>>
>>78250931

>If you remove the colonies that have entirely shaped the world it isn't that good

ah yes
>>
>>78249946
All of them were spanish except Liberia
>>
File: Mary Poppins.webm (1MB, 1792x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Poppins.webm
1MB, 1792x1080px
>>78250931
>>
>>78250891
t. Ivan
>>
File: finnish ancient empire.jpg (184KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
finnish ancient empire.jpg
184KB, 800x542px
0) Mongolian empire
>>
>>78249327
Australia had png so does that make us worse than the belgians
>>
>>78249327
British empire only gets points for aus, canada, nz and other white territories, usa is 50%, got negroided and spicced.
Every other empire didnt mean shit and werent ethnic expansions so dont matter.
>>
70% of the british empire is shit and the rest has become good when they left and thanks to the huge resources and immigration from other countries
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.