[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do britbongs really have tea parties? How about stuff like morning/afternoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1471207075233s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471207075233s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Do britbongs really have tea parties? How about stuff like morning/afternoon tea? Tea breaks at work?
>>
File: honkhonk.gif (157KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
honkhonk.gif
157KB, 350x350px
>>78243392
They have tea parties with your mom, if you know what I mean.
>>
We do unironically.
>>
>>78243492
>>
>>78243531
Is it true that dinners in the Netherlands last for several hours and feature "deep" conversation? Not sure if I heard this about the Netherlands or Denmark.
>>
File: 1449333522186.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449333522186.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
>>78243492
>>
>>78243596
Dutch people dine strictly at 6pm (sometimes at 5pm).
Then you have to wait until everyone sits down. If someone is Christian you wait until that person has said his prayer.
Then mommy puts a big pan (Dutch oven) on the table with mashed veggies/potatoes and a pan with meat and gravy. And probably mustard.
And then everyone just gets some.

I don't know if it's long, but afterwards people often have coffee and tea. While you stick your belly out.
>>
>>78243778
Can I come have dinner with your family
>>
>>78243844
no
>>
>>78243844
Fine by me. Not sure if it's worth the flight though lol.
>>
>>78243778
>While you stick your belly out.
This is unironically a thing. Doing something until you became normal again.

Uitbuiken = outbellying = sit back and relax after dinner until the dinner has sunk in a bit (sticking your belly out)
Uitwaaien = outblowing (in the wind) = clearing your head in the wind
Uitzieken = outsicking = waiting a time at home before going back to work again until you truly recovered after being sick
Uitzwaaien = outwaving = standing in front of your door waving until the guest is gone
>>
>>78243392
Tea parties do not really exist unless you are an old woman and want an excuse to meet other old women. Morning and afternoon tea does not exist since we drink it whenever we like outside set times. Tea and coffee breaks at work exist because it is stupid to work all day without a short break.
>>
>>78244479
I always got tea with milk in the morning.
And in the afternoon when I got back from school.
And neighbours do tea visits.
Students do high teas.
Birthday parties = sitting in a circle drinking tea with family and friends.

http://www.invadingholland.com/guides-to-holland/the-dutch-circle-party-guide
https://dutchreview.com/dutchness/how-to-celebrate-your-dutch-birthday/
>>
>>78244696
You drink tea to celebrate birthday parties? Sounds dull as fuck.
>>
>>78244848
You should see it more as a family gathering, except your friends and acquaintances are also obligated to come. It's extremely rude to skip to it.

It's relatively formal. Your meant to show your face, bring a present and catch up with everyone with some tea.
>>
>>78245065
People will always ask you a million personal questions about your life. So it's a perfect times for neets to admit they are still losers while everybody is listening.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.