[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning a trip to Cuba this October specifically Havana. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Planning a trip to Cuba this October specifically Havana. Anyone got any pointers or tips for a Brit staying for a week?
>>
>>78121068
i have never been there, it looks cool. Have a nice trip britbro
>>
commie
>>
sucky sucky 5 dolla
>>
>>78121068
As a tourist you can't even get on the same bus as the locals.
>>
My dad went twice in 2007 and 2009, he told me that La Habana and Santiago de Cuba are nice, also that you should visit a cigar factory.

About internet, he had to buy a card for use it , the internet was limited, i don't know if this is the same until now.

And yeah that there are many prostitutes ...
>>
>>78121068
Bring small things like crayons, nail polish and other cosmetics. They are more valuable than money because they have no access to them. I'm talking from experience but I went before Obama lifted the sanctions
>>
Bring a lot of change money because they ask for tips ANYWHERE for ANYTHING.
Of course you could just ask them to fuck off but they are goddamit tenacious
>>
If you can't speak spanish on conversational level it might be better if you don't mingle with the locals. They will try to take stuff from you 'politely'. It's a safe place to visit but people can get pretty annoying
>>
Lemme put it to you this way. After Obama lifted the travel ban on Cuba, airlines and travel agencies were rushing to book flights there, but most of them have since dropped the things since they didn't find any takers.
>>
>>78121068
A lot of street whores, drug dealers trying to charge you $40 for a gram of weed, fake cigars everywhere, etc. Everyone everywhere wants to con you and make a buck off of you. Food is absolute shit, they don't have access to spices and apparently don't have taste buds either. Old school cars look cool until you get in one and are reminded why you don't drive a Russian hunk of shit from 40 years ago. Havana has some historical sites but is otherwise a shithole; the rest of the country, besides for some nice views in the Vinales valley, isn't much better. They have no concept of customer service or how to properly cater to tourists because there hasn't been a real tourism industry there for many years. Have fun anon.
>>
Enjoy Castro's personal slave state with two hours of electricity a day and empty store shelves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.