[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here learning Persian/Farsi? What resources are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Persian_Language_Location_Map1.png (116KB, 770x481px) Image search: [Google]
Persian_Language_Location_Map1.png
116KB, 770x481px
Anyone else here learning Persian/Farsi?

What resources are you using?

How's progress coming along?
>>
meh, I'd rather learn Ossetian
>>
>>78006301
I started learning a bit of Persian two years ago as I was going on vacation to Iran. I've barely touched it since then, but I'd like to pick it up again. I have the LonelyPlanet phrasebook as well as a shitty book on grammar that helped me with the very basics. My local library has 'Teach yourself modern Persian', which I also have on my computer as well as a few other pdf's.

>>78006335
How so?
>>
>>78006335
Isn't it just a Persian dialect with different word order and a lot of Russian vocabulary and pronunciation?
>>
>>78006301
no. the only person I know who spoke Farsi was that Reality Winner woman currently facing like 20 years in prison.
>>
>>78006698
It's in the Iranic family but it's not even close. It's related to the language of the ancient Scythians not anyone on the Iranian plateau.
>>
>>78006627
>>78006698

not really, it is directly derived from Scythian;
>>
>>78006913
>>78006921
Oh ok, thanks for the info guys
>>
>>78006627
You traveled to Iran? Do you mind telling us about your vacation? Where did you go,what did you do/see and how was the food?
>>
Have a link to the int/language learn thread
>>77949553
Also, been studying for a few months. Starting to feel comfortable with grammar, but my vocabulary is lacking ,since I don't study as much as I should. Still, I'm hoping to be around A2-B1 by the time I'm going to Iran next year.
>>
>>78007097
I went to Tabriz, Tehran, Qom, Esfahan, Kashan, Yazd and Shiraz.
Iranian kebab is meh. Tahdig.
>>
>>78007752
How is Qom if you're not a muslim?
>>
File: IMG_20151021_142818.jpg (566KB, 2880x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_142818.jpg
566KB, 2880x1728px
>>78007923
I find this a strange question. It's an interesting city to say the least, but there is nothing for a westerner to be concerned about.
>>
>>78008230
I didn't so much mean concern. I just have this mental image of Qom as being more of an interesting destination for Muslims and there being less "regular touristy stuff"
>>
>>78008391
Qom has interesting sights to be sure. It won't keep you entertained as long as other places, but you should not miss it.
>>
>>78007752
Did you do any outdoors activities? I want to go for that? Also is it true that everyone is really polite?
>>
>>78008498
Not exactly. You can do lots of that there, and while I did climb the Kaleybar castle I prefer to discover history and urban life rather than nature when I go to places like Iran.
And yes.
>>
>>78006698
That's Tajik.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.