[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /int/ think of the plans for the Stantec Tower in Edmonton?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What does /int/ think of the plans for the Stantec Tower in Edmonton? At 251m, it will be the tallest skyscraper in Alberta, and will be Canada's tallest skyscraper outside of Toronto. It will also take the "tallest building in Alberta" title back from Calgary for the first time in decades.
>>
>>78004191
Skyscrapers are a result of poor city planning.
>>
>>78004241
This one is a delayed result of the oil/gas boom. Considering how flat the area is, you will be able to see a long way from the top of that building.
>>
>>78004191
i love skyscrapers :3

i wish mexico had more
>>
Pretty cool
>>
>>78004278
>flat
Yeah I visited Edmonton and lived in Calgary for couple of years during boom times. Calgary is like ulanbatar or worse. It's weird and spooky to live there because of the isolation and lack of any community. You're isolated from other civilised centres and because of its suburban sprawl you're isolated from other Calgarians. It combines the worst of village and city life. Few people would choose to live there without the oil.
>>
File: Rascacielos.jpg (199KB, 1812x681px) Image search: [Google]
Rascacielos.jpg
199KB, 1812x681px
>>78004307
Looks like there are a lot under construction right now.
>>
>>78004307
The purpose of a skyscraper is to maximise traffic congestion around it and rental revenue of the landlord.
>>
>>78004496
Hippie detected. Fuck off commie.
>>
>>78004525
I am a small time landlord. If you want concentrate traffic and garbage then build taller.
>>
>>78004412
>You're isolated from other civilised centres

It's only a 3-hour drive to Edmonton!
>>
>>78004191
Sad for Edmonton. Skyscrapers are awful soulless ugly buildings found throughout the new world>>78004191
>>
>>78004191
Good to see my hometown developing, it's in dire need of urban renewal
>>
>>78004191
Where's the nearest airport?
>>
>>78004525
How do boots taste like
>>
>>78008014
Edmonton's own airport is decently-sized, and will probably expand soon. It has a direct flight to Amsterdam, and I think it has summer flights to Gatwick.
>>
File: uGXtPcH.jpg (241KB, 2205x1322px) Image search: [Google]
uGXtPcH.jpg
241KB, 2205x1322px
>Canadian skyscrapers

*Yawns*
>>
File: Iron Blooded Orphans finale.jpg (139KB, 475x750px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Blooded Orphans finale.jpg
139KB, 475x750px
wtf I thought Edmonton was destroyed
>>
>>78004191
It's stupid to build a huge skyscraper just to build a huge skyscrapers. Skyscrapers should be restricted to the CBD area of huge cities like Toronto, NY, Chicago etc.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.