[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pytheas of Massalia travelled to Britain in about 325 BC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Pythéas.jpg (3MB, 1964x3146px) Image search: [Google]
Pythéas.jpg
3MB, 1964x3146px
>Pytheas of Massalia travelled to Britain in about 325 BC where he found a flourishing tin trade, according to the later report of his voyage.
I am a Greek
>>
trade between barbarians
>>
He was fucking badass. Also, read up on the Phoenicians who possibly circumnavigated Africa in antiquity.
>>
>>78000789
Nigga, they came to Brazil. I ain't even lying.

http://patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com.br/2011/03/phoenician-inscriptions-in-brazil-pedra.html
>>
>>78000789
That is a damn impressive travel for the era
>>
>>78000789
There is no proof of it, but it was mentioned in a passage from Herodotus, who expressed doubt because he had heard as the Phoenicians sailed west around the southern part of Africa, they said the Sun was on their right side, and the Ancient Greeks didn't know at the time that Africa continued past the equator.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/History_of_Herodotus/Book_4

>For my part I am astonished that men should ever have divided Libya, Asia, and Europe as they have, for they are exceedingly unequal. Europe extends the entire length of the other two, and for breadth will not even (as I think) bear to be compared to them. As for Libya, we know it to be washed on all sides by the sea, except where it is attached to Asia. This discovery was first made by Necos, the Egyptian king, who on desisting from the canal which he had begun between the Nile and the Arabian gulf, sent to sea a number of ships manned by Phoenicians, with orders to make for the Pillars of Hercules, and return to Egypt through them, and by the Mediterranean. The Phoenicians took their departure from Egypt by way of the Erythraean sea, and so sailed into the southern ocean. When autumn came, they went ashore, wherever they might happen to be, and having sown a tract of land with corn, waited until the grain was fit to cut. Having reaped it, they again set sail; and thus it came to pass that two whole years went by, and it was not till the third year that they doubled the Pillars of Hercules, and made good their voyage home. On their return, they declared- I for my part do not believe them, but perhaps others may- that in sailing round Libya they had the sun upon their right hand. In this way was the extent of Libya first discovered.
>>
File: 000187_xgaplus.jpg (377KB, 1152x829px) Image search: [Google]
000187_xgaplus.jpg
377KB, 1152x829px
>>78000845
If anyone could travel to South America in antiquity, it would be the Phoenicians. They were like the Portuguese of the ancient world.
>>
>>78001030
Yep, there's plenty of evidence here that indicates that they said hi to the natives here.
>>
>>78000950
>Europe extends the entire length of the other two, and for breadth will not even (as I think) bear to be compared to them.

Greek "education"
>>
>>78001062
plus there was tobacco and cocaine found in an egyptian mummy and shieeet
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.