[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /int/ think of Nouakchott (sometimes called "Ouack"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Nouakchott.jpg (994KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Nouakchott.jpg
994KB, 3072x2304px
What does /int/ think of Nouakchott (sometimes called "Ouack" or "Wok" by locals), the capital of Mauritania and one of the fastest-growing cities on Earth? The metro area has gone from 800,000 people in the early-90's to over 3 million today.
>>
I would like to explore the West African coast but I don't want to get kidnapped by Tuaregs like that French dude from /trv/.
>>
>>77958036
Story?
>>
>>77957964
>from 800,000 people in the early-90's to over 3 million today.
What the fuck
How did they cope with the basic services?
>>
>>77958189
Legendary /trv/ poster who's travelled in a jeep with some friends from Belgium to Afghanistan and back decided to do a solo bike tour from Morocco along the West African coast.

When he crossed a second time into Mali he stopped replying and reports about new Western hostages surfaced.
>>
>>77958247
They don't. Most live in slums.>>77958247
>>
File: 1424146328824.jpg (242KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
1424146328824.jpg
242KB, 700x504px
>>77958343
>going solo into Africa as a Westerner
>>
>>77958343
Why are white people so fuckin clueless?
>>
>>77958394
He didn't even have a driver's license for motobikes.

When he arrived at the Ivory Coast he just 'bought' one, kek.

Though, this dude was actually experienced, having been involved in some serious NGO work before and all that. He used to be the head of some big Catholic NGO or something and took shelter at missions on his way.
>>
>>77958508
Genetics
>>
>>77958526
Did he make it out eventually?
>>
>>77958526
Motorbikes don't need a driver's license to be driven m8

>>77957964
I've never been there but my dad has and he says the airport was the worst he had ever seen and was all sand
>>
>>77958600
>>>/trv/1246338

See for yourself

>>77958632
Maybe in third world countries that's the case.
>>
>>77957964
>to over 3 million today.
Jesus Christ, 2/3 of the population there is unregistered? How?
Nouakchott or Mauritania is probably one of those countries, which is even unknown for people who are generally interested in the region, I srsly have no Idea what happens there.
>>
>>77958695
Oh, so he is in the Central African Republic heading to the Kongo now according to some rumors. Nice :D
>>
>>77958695
Yeah that's what we're talking about third world countries, or do you think the ivory coast is first world? why did you feel the need to turn this into an "hurr I'm first world and you're not" reply? I was merely telling you that what he did wasn't really illegal in africa because most countries here don't require a driver's license for you to drive a motorbike.
>>
>>77958759
Slavery happens lmao
That's one things Mauritania is well known for, the other being the fact that they are chubby chasers where chubby here means hamplanet level fat, families put their daughters in cages so they don't move and start force feeding them from a young age to turn them into fatties because to them being fat = being wealthy so fat girls are more likely to catch dudes eyes and asked for marriage.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 240x360px
>>77958927
We have that in America.
>>
>>77958927
>families put their daughters in cages so they don't move and start force feeding them from a young age to turn them into fatties
Dont wanna sound ignorant, but that really sounds like a hell on earth desu.
>>
File: nouakchott_hotel-sahara1_web[1].jpg (146KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nouakchott_hotel-sahara1_web[1].jpg
146KB, 1900x1200px
>>77958036
Nouakchott itself (and the nearby coast) is fine for foreigners. It's a big city with military/police and a community of westerners; it's not some random desert village. It has direct flights to Paris and Gran Canaria.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.