[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be anglo >don't know the difference between your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: grammar.jpg (31KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
grammar.jpg
31KB, 300x200px
>be anglo
>don't know the difference between your and you're
>don't know the difference between there, their and they're
>don't know the difference between its and it's
>don't know the difference between then and than
>don't know the difference between to and too
>don't know the difference between genitive and plural
>don't know the difference between adjectives and adverbs
>don't know the difference between simple past and past perfect
>don't know how to use proper punctuation
>don't know how to spell or pronounce simple words
>unironically use "would of", "should of", etc.

Why are these mistakes so common among native speakers?
It's a bit embarrassing, 2bh...

Honest question, do you guys actually go to school?
If you do, do you learn your own language?
If you do, do you learn grammar, spelling and stuff?

>inb4 grammar nazi
>>
>>77899001
shut up and take your mandatory english classes hans
>>
Even teachers admit those are confusing aspects of the language
Of course someone who learned the language would understand it better. Learning something from simply hearing it whilst growing up, compared to from a book is a big difference.

But of course we take English classes, but it doesn't make it much easier, especially if you're not paying attention to your grammar, like on 4chan or some shit.

The only thing i genuinely struggle with is commas.
>>
>>77899146
what makes you think they're mandatory? It's mandatory to learn a second language, most schools (all schools i've been to save for university) impose a 3rd one. But it's the choice of a student/student's parents.
>>
Yeah, on the other hand I'm not a filthy fucking kraut. Horses for courses.
>>
>>77899001
Btw is it real?
>>
>>77899871
lmao get blasted. your schools make you learn english it's actually pretty hilarious
>>
File: 1488564215430.jpg (41KB, 520x417px) Image search: [Google]
1488564215430.jpg
41KB, 520x417px
>>77899001
>do you guys actually go to school?
only sometimes

>If you do, do you learn your own language?
not really

>If you do, do you learn grammar, spelling and stuff?
spelling yes. everything else not really
>>
>>77900142
what do your schools make you learn? did you ever go to one?
>>
>>77900286
That 'murrica is #1 and that George Washington (PBUH) founded it together with Jesus Christ
>>
>>77900286
>>77900394
yall got purty mouths huh? we gon git you boiii yeeee haww squeeeel like a pig. i gon to the schools but they wanna make me gay n i say hell nawh. god bless the USA boiii. i don lurnt how to muddin how to huntin how to truckin. aint got no time for no book learnin
>>
>>77900480
>being ashamed of yourself and your countrymen and trying to cover it with retarded comments on anonymous image boards on the internet
>>
>>77900480
>haha get it guys? I'm totally self aware and make an ironic post to proof it. Pls don't call me fat and stupid
>>
>>77901854
>>77901989
>butthurt germans mad that theyre not american

we get it guys you want to live in new york city. we all do. you dont need to keep making threads about us.
>>
>>77899001
Why do krauts like to think about dumb shit? You sound like a leftist liberal arts major
>>
>>77902403
Why do americans have to use offensive swearwords all the time?

>>77902118
I would really like living in America but not in new york
>>
>>77902592
Why do Germans have to enormously autistic retards all the time? It's just nature.
>>
>>77902592
come live with me. i live in vermont. as long as you dont call me a fat burger ;(
>>
>>77902633
Woah, why so angry?
>>
>>77902657
fat burger
>>
Very autistic thread so far. But this is something that I've always wondered about. How common are spelling/grammar mistakes in other languages? I never see non-Anglos correcting each other's spelling online, whereas to Anglos correcting someone's spelling is pretty much an insult now, like in the Youtube comments or whatever.
>>
>>77902657
Why would I call you fat?
>>
>>77903346
There are common grammar mistakes in German, but those are mostly minor mistakes like seit/seid, das/dass, commas, etc. It's still annoying, though, and an indicator of being uneducated.
>>
>>77903496
This seems really weird to me, I guess I always assumed that even the poorest, dumbest people would write pretty much perfect German. Kind of a stupid assumption to make though I suppose, it's probably just because I can't recognise when someone's writing incorrectly in a different language.
>>
>>77899001
Because when you learn English from just hearing it and then the writing later it's easier to make such mistakes. No need for this whole autistic thread just to answer that.
>>
>>77903788
>justifying poor education
>>
>>77904245
I'm not trying to justify anybody's education I'm just rationalizing why it's easier for native speakers to make those mistakes
>>
>>77904421
But how is it possible for native speakers of other languages to not make as many mistakes in their own language?
>>
>>77904495
You obviously still speak good English, but technically that sentence isn't grammatically correct m8 which kind of proves you wrong, kek. It should be something more like
>But how is it possible for native speakers of other languages to not make as many mistakes in English as native English speakers?
>>
>>77904689
what exactly are you trying to prove here? just answer my question
>>
>>77904790
Well you said that non-native English speakers speak better English than native English speakers themselves, and I'm just pointing out how it's a bit ironic that in attempting to say that, you actually said something completely different because of incorrect grammar.
>>
>>77904949
>Well you said that non-native English speakers speak better English than native English speakers themselves
No, I said that native speakers of other languages speak **their own** languages better...

I'm starting to believe that anglos are also having some major reading deficits.
>>
>>77905022
>I'm starting to believe that anglos are also having some major reading deficits.
Not to be needlessly harsh but that should be
>I'm starting to believe that anglos also have some major reading deficits.
A native English speaker might mix up "their" and "there" but they wouldn't make a mistake like that which frankly would sound weird irl.

Also the reason why I misinterpreted your previous post is because the actual meaning of the post seemed too ridiculous - do you have any proof whatsoever that Anglos make more spelling and grammatical mistakes than, say, Chinese, Indian, Russian, Arabic or African people?
>>
>>77904495
What proof do you have they don't? Or is the basis of this whole thread conjecture on your part?
>>
>>77905236
No, I don't... Why should I? They are doing more mistakes than Germans at least...
>>
>>77903346
The average brazilian who posts online makes a lot of grammar mistakes in their native language if compared to anglos for example. In fact, we rarely write anything properly when writing on forums or social media sites. But I don't know, that's kinda expected from a 3rd world country.
>>
>>77905467
>No, I don't... Why should I?
Because your claim here >>77904495 is worthless without proof.

>They are doing more mistakes than Germans at least...
Probably true, but why not specify this instead of broadly saying that other native speakers speak their native languages better?
>>
>>77905479
I don't really know enough about Brazil to say anything confidently, but I guess it kind of has an excuse due its ethnic diversity, whereas in Australia for example most people are descended from native English speakers.
>>
>>77905602
because it seems logical
>>
>>77905695
It's still an assumption without any real proof, though.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.