[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>conservative america best americ- oh, turns out having a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 926aadc66.png (102KB, 570x372px) Image search: [Google]
926aadc66.png
102KB, 570x372px
>conservative america best americ-

oh, turns out having a shit-ton of east and south asian moms angry that their son didn't get into med school is a good thing. Honestly, universities still find ways around the bans, but it sure is great being in Cali with the best public Universities in the country/world and knowing I have an almost fair shot at admissions.

Do you guys have affirmative action in your countries?
>>
>>77885207
Trump is making america great again.
>>
>government micromanagement
>good
>ever

I shouldn't be surprised, you are a Californian
>>
File: caca.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
caca.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>77885223
The affirmative action lobby is strong, but I'll become a Trump shill if he defeats it.

>tfw in mandatory racial studies in uni we all learned why affirmative action is a good thing.
>>
>>77885252
California has the best economy in the US
> /pol/ will defend this
>>
File: 250px-CANov1996Prop209.svg.png (32KB, 250x295px) Image search: [Google]
250px-CANov1996Prop209.svg.png
32KB, 250x295px
>>77885252
How is enforcing affirmative action on schools any less micromanaging than banning it?

Also it was banned in cali by a prop voted on by the public btw.
>>
>>77885207
We have something like affirmative action for handicapped people and for women as public sector employees in certain states.
But beyond that there are no laws requiring you to give preference to minorities/women in colleges or the workplace.
>>
>tfw blacks have a higher chance of getting accepted if we're otherwise identical
>>
>>77885478
and latinos, and natives, and west asians and white people (if you are east or south asian)
>>
>>77885553
im white
>>
>>77885567
well that's only the second worst thing you can be in terms of college admissions.

probably the worst for some employment opportunities.
>>
>government should regulate school admissions
>BUT MUH GUNS BUT ABORTIONS ARE DEGENERATE
>>
>>77885597
Not really.
Just don't be an idiot during admissions and school. If you lose to a person who came forma shitty Black/Hispanic school but worked their ass off for good grades despite how utterly terribadwful that's on you bro.
>>
>>77885737
oh I'm already in uni, just stressing about post-grad now in case I go east coast.
>>
>>77885207
Kys
>>
for aboriginals yes but not for anyone else
>>
>>77885597
>>77885818
niggers
if you were competent, you wouldn't care about affirmative action.
>>
>blacks have shitty grades and get in anyway
>make school worse
>people are actually fine with it
>>
>>77885207
Admissions in WA is completely blind, otherwise I would have never gotten into my major.
>>
File: charles-ii-of-spain_imagelarge.jpg (14KB, 448x312px) Image search: [Google]
charles-ii-of-spain_imagelarge.jpg
14KB, 448x312px
>>77885872
>>77885837
>tfw just made thread to challenge the ongoing stereotypes of california and other "liberal" states
>tfw questioned about academic competency and told to kms
>>77885917
Which major?
>>
>>77885936
>Which major?
Comp E, but I just filled out a change of major form for ee. All the majors in the cs department are really competitive, but I think they just liked my personal statement, and didn't know I was a white man.
>>
>>77885207
Can't be people still make excuses for having this. The Reeeeing on Twitter about the doj cracking down on was worth it. Until the immigration reoform announcement.
>>
>>77885207
In Australia is you have aboriginalTorres-Straight Islander background, the world is basically hour oyster in terms of leg ups and hand outs. I guess it is similar to Affirmative Action.
>>
>>77885207
Our admissions are based purely on examination results, You are just an applicant number and your results.
>>
File: Overrepresentation.jpg (60KB, 586x386px) Image search: [Google]
Overrepresentation.jpg
60KB, 586x386px
>>77885309
Can he defeat jewish affirmative action though? That factor is at many top universities larger than all of the other ethnicities combined. Blacks no where near as overrepresented when merrit (or SAT scores + extracuriculars) is controlled for.

More info:
http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/06/29/white-privilege-inheritance-education-and-employment/

If you just want to listen to or watch it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtXjAaxpI2I
>>
>>77885346
A state or a country can have a good economy despite bad economic policies, california has silicon valley to prop it up.
>>
>>77885207
California has also has the holistic considerations standard. All the statistical analysis done so far shows that they do racially profile, in the almost the same way as affirmative action. The standard is slightly more anti-white
>>
>>77885346
I always thought it was New York. But I guess Cali makes sense.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.