[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quebecfag here, do you learn french in schools or high schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 650px-Political_map_of_Canada.png (197KB, 650x562px) Image search: [Google]
650px-Political_map_of_Canada.png
197KB, 650x562px
Quebecfag here, do you learn french in schools or high schools in the rest of canada?
>>
Yes. I learned it from Grade 4 through Grade 11 (it's mandatory up to Grade 9).
>>
>>77876739
FRENCH'D
>>
Yeah, I studied it all of high school and I'm still trying to pick it up
>>
Immersion here; mostly from 1-4, a little less from 5-9. Have been taking it up again as an adult.
>>
>>77876264
Yes, this is why they're so whiny.

Not like I was happy about learning english either. Separation now.
>>
>>77881535
Oh the funniest part is when they go "hurrr why do we learn french when we could learn mandarin or punjabi".

If they can't even learn french, how are they ever gonna learn those two? Leave it to anglos to deny education.
>>
>have been taking it up again as an adult.
At a uni?

I'm thinking of taking french again too.
>>
>>77881535
>Yes, this is why they're so whiny.
Ironic or really just typical Quebec delusion because it is coming from the people who invented the grievance industry in this country. You made it a national industry to complain about everything.
>>
>>77882443
>almost genocides us
>durr why do you complain
nigel please
>>
>>77882460
oh, and don't forget the part where you steal what little culture we have and parade it around like its yours because pretending to be british wasn't enough

i remember a decade ago when most anglos considered fucking poutine to be an abhorrence

today they have a buzzfeed-like obsession with it and claim that they invented it
>>
>>77882460
>>77882839
>immediately start whining about muh genocide and muh cultural appropriation
Honestly pathetic go play your victimhood accordion for somebody else and poutine is literally an abomination for the socialite scum in Toronto to post about on Instagram. Fish and chips not poutine okay god save the queen.
>>
>>77883012
>fish and chips
holy shit lmao
>>
>>77876264
in ontario there are french immersion schools which are increasingly common ( even in GTA and SW ontario) which is full french in all classes from gr1-gr12 and french is mandatory for all schools from grade 4-grade 9 (and optional from grade 10-12).
>>
so many asians they didn't do it k-7
then in grade 8 it's the only language offered
9-11 took a different one

>>77883204
in vancouver white people camp out for days to enroll their kid in french immersion, it's like free private school
>>
>>77883308
where are you located my friend
>>
>>77876264
Hey quebecfag.

If I buy a lake house in Quebec will francophones burn me out?

Thanks
>>
File: M6LDCHX.jpg (309KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
M6LDCHX.jpg
309KB, 2048x1365px
>>77876264
There are immersion programs here in Calgary which my parents put me into from the start. I didnt like French near the end but Im glad Im stuck with it.
4chan meme's aside, its a nice language to learn and I loved going to Quebec City to travel and be able to go around without having to worry about people no understanding me
>>
>>77885679
just learn basic french and then act all mad when rural quebecois dont understand english
>>
>>77885775
*not
>>
>>77885789
this

and make sure to pretend that you're bilingual
>>
>>77885789
I can pimsleur/duo/hon/hon/hon my way around but I'm not bilingual. I'm thinking of all of these cases where the anglo buys that delightful french vinyard only to have his neighbors cut all the vines.

But on the other hand the exchange rate and property tax situation make it such a better bargain than upstate NY. Plus the architecture is far superior and you have the phat walleye.
>>
>>77876264
yeah, I dropped it at grade nine, and took another language for the rest of high school.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.