[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna be immersed in culture but have no culture to immerse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: feels guy.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
feels guy.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
I wanna be immersed in culture but have no culture to immerse myself in. You Eurobros don't know how blessed you are.
>>
>>77848101
>I wanna be immersed in culture
What does that even mean
>>
>>77848134
Some dumb shit thing Americans tell themselves who think Paris is some magical city like I'm the movies.
>>
>>77848134
Share cultural things with other people.
>>
>>77848159
Somebody could tell to them the 1920's are finished?
>>
>>77848178
Stop being so self-loathed, you get stuff nobody have In other part of the World.
>>
>>77848276
You don't understand, they live in a dreamstate of what Paris is like. Kind of like the Japs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>>77848101

Lol, shuuuuut uuuuuuuup! Get out and explore your country more my fellow American.
>>
>>77848178
What does that even mean?
>>
>>77848134
>What does that even mean

getting 'immersed in culture' is what happens when an englishman walks into japan for the first time
>>
File: 0229bfed6341b57181f48278f97ac931.jpg (196KB, 1100x674px) Image search: [Google]
0229bfed6341b57181f48278f97ac931.jpg
196KB, 1100x674px
>>77848101
Have breakfast at a local diner, go play some football in the park with your friends (you do have friends, right?), go to a fair, go shootan guns, listen to some local musicians at a bar, go to a drive in theater, have a barbeque with your family, drive a pick-up, do whatever. You are immersed in culture but you fail to see it. You seem to believe that culture is something that other people have and that you experience, rather than an inescapable fact of living in society. Most of the things you do are culturally American, the things I listed are just considered "traditionally" American. In 20 years, chances are the things you are currently doing will be considered "traditional".

People online like to joke about Americans having no culture, but thtis is mostly because it has been spread so successfully, and they are not always positive. The existence of a word like "Americanization" is because people dislike their traditional culture being influenced by American norms and ideas.

Go out and have fun, don't overthink it.

Pic related, a diner I liked when I was in college.
>>
>>77848991
>. You seem to believe that culture is something that other people have and that you experience, rather than an inescapable fact of living in society. Most of the things you do are culturally American, the things I listed are just considered "traditionally" American. In 20 years, chances are the things you are currently doing will be considered "traditional".
interesting point.
>>
>>77848101
America is different region by region. Unless you're going to take the opinion of flustered Yuropoors to heart, I suggest you go out more.
>>
>>77850215
It's not that different anymore. T. Been to south, north and Midwest.
>>
>>77848134
If you need to be told then you are uncultured swine
>>
>>77850811
Because you live in flyover country and haven't left the immediate area within Arkansas.
>>
>>77848827
What the fuck did he mean by this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.