[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /int/ even read? If so, what is your favourite book, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: James-Joyce-book-of-the-w-007.jpg (25KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
James-Joyce-book-of-the-w-007.jpg
25KB, 460x276px
does /int/ even read? If so, what is your favourite book, and what are you reading right now?

favourite book: a threeway tie between crime and punishment, ulysses and hitchhiker's guide
right now:the zhuang zhi
>>
My favourite book is Anna Karenina.
>>
>>77748140
Is Tolstoy worth the time? Haven't ever read any of his works.
>>
fav: wind up bird chronicle
rn: Nikulin's autobiography
>>
>>77747964
>Favorite book
Brothers Karamazov
>Currently reading
Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling
>>
>>77748187
Yes he's my favourite author.
If you have no time for a long read, check out his short stories like Death of Ivan Ilyich, Father Sergius, Master and Worker, Alyosha the pot and How much land does a man need?(which Joyce called the best story ever or something like that)
If you'll like these short stories, you can read his longer works like War&Peace or Anna Karenina
>>
favorite:The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works
now: How Asia Works: Success and Failure in the World's Most Dynamic Region
>>
>>77748368
>How much land does a man need?(which Joyce called the best story ever or something like that)
Ok will read this one at night.
>>
Favourite: A journey to the end of the night
Right now: Brief Interviews with Hideous Men,
>>
favorite: Marcus Aurelius: Meditations
right now: Sun and Steel by Yukio Mishima

i'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit hard to follow what he's saying sometimes
>>
>>77748612
>He fell for the stoic meme
>>
>>77749580
>implying your life wouldn't get better if you weren't a little more stoic

finish that novel anon
>>
>>77747964
I don't have a favorite book
Letters by Pliny the Young
>>
>>77747964
I don't have favourites of anything. If I had a favourite dish, for example, I'd quickly tire of eating it. If I made the occasion of eating it to be rare, then I'd quickly forget why I liked it to begin with and probably not care enough to rediscover the reasoning. It'd just be the boring background, something already experienced and considered, which gives no motivation for rediscovery. This is how my brain works, unfortunate or fortunate.

I'm reading the Age of Em atm. The author is a retard if he thinks any of it is grounded in reality or predictive in any way, it amounts to overly autistic sci-fi world-building that is never even used for a proper narrative. It's okay, if you ignore the author's unfounded claims and generalisms, as he basically makes no solid points, and just look at the world he is painting with curiousity.
>>
Favorite: Ficciones, by Borges
Just finished Bestiario, from Cortázar, and going to start The Gospel according to Jesus Christ, from Saramago
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.