[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an Americunt staying in a village in rural Tanzania anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23

File: vi.jpg (92KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vi.jpg
92KB, 1334x1000px
Ask an Americunt staying in a village in rural Tanzania anything.

Some folks in another thread suggested I make an AMA and I've shit-all to do right now.

I've also lived in India for a year and a half, was in Istanbul during some big riots, and hitchhiked Iraq. Been to a handful of places in Latin America and am taking a motorbike trip to Mexico City next summer.

Ask whatever, bored as fuck.

Will disregard rubbish and trolls.

Pic is the village main road. Can't post a pic outside since it's pitch black, but I can post a copy of my visa with sensitive info scribbled out if need be.

Going to kill my lungs outside for five minutes and respond to whatever non-shit is here.
>>
> Can't post a pic outside since it's pitch black
hehe
>>
>>77725657

tfw ate watermelon and chicken today
>>
proxyfag
>>
>>77725616
How do you travel the world? For example do you need to save up money first ,how do you find places to live etc.
>>
>>77725616
Did you make any friends there?
>>
>>77725616
Are you the same american that lived 1 year in northern Mozambique?
>>
>>77725616
>Can't post a pic outside since it's pitch black
Yeah sure
Also I'm pretty sure you have nice internet connexion in the fucking jungle amirite
>>
>>77725616
Did you get any succ there?
>>
I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say "Hurry boy, It's waiting there for you"
>>
>>77725616
first of all, why?
and where were you when the police attacked people?
i was in my house watching got when mehmet called, how about you?
>>
>>77725616
Why you choose those places?
>>
>>77725819
I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFRICA
>>
op dead
>>
>>77725685
>>77725781

Will post pictures and proof momentarily.

>>77725699

I'm staying with a friend who has been serving with the Peace Corps for two years.

I'm a student and late university graduate, but I earn between $1,000 and $2,000 per month from freelance writing. While that budget might pose a struggle for Europe, it's more than alright for places like Mexico, Tanzania, and India. I only spend $3 or $4 per day here, unless I drink.

>>77725790

No. This is a Muslim area. My friend said that people who have sex with villagers have three choices: get married, pay between $500 and $1,000, o or probably get murdered.

>>77725909

I've already traveled Europe. I tend to have more fun in developing countries, given the exchange rate and the fact that folks tend to be more social and engaging towards foreign visitors.

>>77725858

Was Gezi Park protests in 2013. I was staying in a hostel five minutes away from Taksim Square and was right next to some SDP protesters at the corner of Tarlabasi and Taksim when they started shooting tear gas. Wound up getting hit with a rubber bullet and accidentally hiding inside the SDP headquarters near Tarlabasi Bulvari.
>>
>>77725616
How are the people treating you?
>>
File: pics.jpg (377KB, 1788x960px) Image search: [Google]
pics.jpg
377KB, 1788x960px
>>77726195

Fine in the village. My friend has been here for over two years. They respect him and extend the same courtesy to me.

Outside of the village is a slightly different story. While people aren't outright rude or aggressive, they'll yell things like "mzungo!" ("whitey!"). Sometimes kids will try to scare you when you're riding a bicycle, just to laugh at whatever reaction you give.

Once my friend starts speaking Swahili, they immediately become docile.

I'm in Zanzibar, which is apparently quite different from the mainland. Although I'm in a rural area, Zanzibar differs from the rest of Tanzania in that it is primarily Muslim. Men and women dress modestly, and alcohol is very hard to come by outside of touristic areas like Stone Town and beach resorts.

Food here sucks, by the way.

Pic related - edited visa showing entry of July 2017, as well as a screenshot of my phone showing Zantel service, plus ciggie packet with Swahili.
>>
>>77726132
Alright, be safe and have fun, but I think you're crazy.
I am sure it's quite the adventure, but could be dangerous.
>>
>>77725616
Did you get succ in any country you visited?
>>
>>77726390
Why does the food suck tho? Because theres none or what are they serving you anon?
>Zanzibar differs from the rest of Tanzania in that it is primarily Muslim
I have heard from other anons muslims are usually decent or nice where they dont have the jihadi influence
Is that the case in Zanzibar?
>>
>>77726448

So far as I'm aware and have been told, Zanzibar is quite safe. People might steal unattended bags or valuables, but the risk of getting mugged or assaulted is considerably less than in Dar Es Salaam.

Most of the crazier things I did took place a few years back. While I'm still open-minded and willing to go to places with vastly different cultures, I've found myself losing a bit of patience in culturally conservative areas.

I really enjoyed Mexico for the fact that it was different enough from the United States to be interesting, but not so different that I felt like a fucking Martian (a la India, Dar, etc).

>>77726464

Turkey, Serbia, Germany, lots in India (first GF is Indian, pretty familiar with the culture and know how shit works there), Colombia, Nicaragua, and Mexico. Probably some other places too but can't remember. Had a girlfriend for most of 2014-2016, so I didn't do much in that period of time.

>>77726496

People are quite poor and there's a low variety of foods in rural areas. We eat rice+X (usually beans or some bland vegetables) almost every day.

Muslims are generally nice, but their domineering attitudes towards women, sex, drinking, etc (basically anything 'haram') can get annoying over an extended period of time. Basically, their way is the right way and they think you're terrible if you believe anything different.

Zanzibar isn't what I'd call moderate, but it doesn't seem to have as much of a radical influence as the Middle-East or South Asia. People here don't even know what Jews are, so far as I can tell.
>>
How """bad""" is it. I mean obviously the people there have less material wealth but are they constantly starving,dying and being miserable or do they find happiness?
>>
>>77725616
>Pic is the village main road. Can't post a pic outside since it's pitch black

You said the same thing when you posted this image several days ago. You also said you would be taking new pictures in the morning.
>>
>>77726687

Will add on to that:

Heard a lot of shit-talk about Jews in other Muslim-majority counties and regions I've visited, but none here in Zanzibar.

The groups people are most afraid of in the village are wizards and Freemasons.
>>
>>77726781
How many BBCs have you sucked?
>>
Are you Black or Jewish?
>>
>>77726759

See: >>77726390. Literally my fucking entry stamp from six days ago.

>>77726757

I don't think starvation is a big issue here, but I've only spent a week in Zanzibar so far.

Surprisingly, the people in the village don't seem too eager to find ways to get out. The education system is horrific. Children are taught in Swahili from primary grades through the American equivalent of sixth, when everything is suddenly changed to English. Most of the teachers can't speak English themselves, so they're incapable of teaching the material.

Consequently, only a handful of students out of a class of dozens or hundreds tend to pass their examinations.

Most don't seem to value education (this is what I've been told from PC volunteers).

Apparently there have been several cholera outbreaks in this village, but I haven't heard anything about mass deaths or people starving. Sometimes folks do run out of money for food, though, in which case they often wind up going hungry for a few days.
>>
>>77726687
>I really enjoyed Mexico for the fact that it was different enough from the United States to be interesting, but not so different that I felt like a fucking Martian (a la India, Dar, etc).
Where did you went to Mexico? The country can be divided on
>Narcos desert shitland on the north
>Urban """civilization""" on the center
>Jungles and Indians lost in time on the south
So you can get pretty different experience in Mexico
>>
>>77726828

None.

Hopefully it will stay that way, insh'allah. ;-)

>>77726848

No. Again, see: >>77726390. Clearly not black.

No Jewish genes. Pretty typical American mutt mix of Irish and Slav.

>>77726955

I spent much more time than I'd planned in Mexico City. Fucking loved the place, but I tend to be an city-oriented guy anyway.

I also visited Puebla, Veracruz, Guanajuato, and Guadalajara.

I changed my mind about spending the rest of the year in India and am planning to return to Mexico in mid-November or early December. Got a wedding invitation for a marriage in Oaxaca that I'll go to. I also want to see Chiapas, since everyone seems crazy about the place.

Going back to CDMX next summer on a motorbike and taking Spanish courses for the summer.
>>
Are wild animals any type of threat? I know hippos are supposed to be aggresive as fuck but cba looking up all the native wildlife in Tanzania
>>
>>77726781
>The groups people are most afraid of in the village are wizards and Freemasons.

That's Africa man. Fucking Africa.
>>
File: snek.jpg (99KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
99KB, 1280x768px
>>77727080

That's all on the mainland.

Zanzibar doesn't have much in the way of large or aggressive wildlife.

If I have enough money, I'll probably try to go on a day-trip safari before departing Tanzania for Egypt in September. They have everything one might associate with Africa on the mainland - hippos, lions, all that.

Pic related to Zanzibar, though. Apparently there are some pretty big pythons here. My friend sent me this back in February. Villagers woke him up to show them a snake they caught and beheaded.

I've seen some big spiders, but I don't know if they're dangerous. There are also ants in the nearby spoopy field that have a nasty bite.
>>
>>77727021
If you like cities then Mexico City is a god sent since it has a lot of turistical places and I think has the most museums on the world but at the same time has places similar to those other thirld world countries you like to visit so much.
>Got a wedding invitation for a marriage in Oaxaca that I'll go to. I also want to see Chiapas
Both those places arent too advanced but you can find some nice colonial towns which personally the spanish architecture make my dick go diamonds and you can find beatiful landscape of the jungle. I recommend searching for a waterfall or a lagoon around Chiapas, the water on those is great.
>>
>>77727210
God damn thats scary
>I'll probably try to go on a day-trip safari before departing Tanzania
Do you like hunting anon? Or is it just for seeing some cool animals?
>>
File: picz.jpg (143KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
picz.jpg
143KB, 1334x1000px
>>77727127

My friend told me a story about a fellow who fill ill some months ago.

He came back to the village after taking a walk in a nearby field, ranting and raving about how he'd seen a "dog the size of a horse." Not long after, he developed a massive rash before falling into a coma.

Several days later, he was dead.

The villagers - predictably - blamed the incident on witchcraft, and are not afraid of going anywhere near the field in pic related at night.
>>
>>77727305
Do you believe the stories of witchery anon? Speaking of witchery, did you got experience something paranormal somewhere else or at least heard a good history from the locals? Not only in Tanzania but also anywhere else you have traveled
>>
>>77727243

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mexico City just had a perfect balance of everything for me. Great nightlife, cute girls, fantastic and affordable street food, museums, culture, whatever. I could easily spend several years living there, and wouldn't mind doing just that after I finish my degree.

Can't wait to go back in winter and then again next summer.

Speaking very generally, Latin America is probably my favorite region (although the food in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, etc, is too bland for my tastes).

Where in Mexico are you from?

>>77727295

I've been hunting in the States but never in Africa. I think it'd be too expensive. Plus, I've no interest in shooting something simply for a trophy - I was taught that if you kill it, you eat it.

Guess that's probably possible here, but I'm more or less broke at the moment. Get paid on Wednesday, though.
>>
How was Iraq?
>>
File: 1500435421322.png (254KB, 472x410px) Image search: [Google]
1500435421322.png
254KB, 472x410px
>>77726687
>Turkey, Serbia, Germany, lots in India (first GF is Indian, pretty familiar with the culture and know how shit works there), Colombia, Nicaragua, and Mexico. Probably some other places too but can't remember.

Meanwhile me, 26 years old, barely left my state, still stuck in my home town, never had a gf, stay in my room most of the day. Someone kill me.
>>
>>77727400

Nah.

I'm a life-long atheist sperg. I used to believe in spooks and sorcerers when I was a kid, but I've long since become a skeptic.

India has, by far, the best ghost stories I've heard.

This is a bit silly but here's a greentext story from an apartment I rented for a few months in Delhi:

>old and somewhat run-down building just a few minutes from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
>my unit is on the topmost floor
>only a single window in the bathroom which opens to the outside
>creepy pictures hung up all around the place

>have a FWB from the previous year coming to spend the night

>sexing in bed
>finish on her tits
>for comic effect, I say "allahu akbar" as I cum

>we lay down
>hear a noise that sounds like the door chain is falling down
>creaky noise like the gate is opening
>room gets a bit chilly

>I don't say anything and just lay there in silence
>overcome by a sudden sense of impending doom or terror
>sweating bullets for no good reason

>girl turns to me and says, "I don't know why, but I feel very, very scared right now"

Saw the owner of the house a few days later and asked if he'd ever heard of anything spoopy happening in that apartment. He told me that his brother stayed there for a while and used to cook beef. Whenever he'd do that, he'd wake up in the middle of the night paralyzed and feel like he was being suffocated or strangled.

Spooked me out a bit, but as a regular sufferer of sleep paralysis, I figured that was what was happening to him too.

Those guys had awesome ghost stories from Kashmir, though.
>>
>>77726687
I always that the people anywhere outside of Europe and USA,Canada etc would execute you if you tried chatting to women at clubs there.
>>
>>77727418
>Mexico City just had a perfect balance of everything for me. Great nightlife, cute girls, fantastic and affordable street food, museums, culture, whatever
I also love the city but the only downside is that its full of contamination so it becomes a pain to be there some few days and sadly when I visit I mostly spend time with the family so I cant go out at nightlife too often.
>I could easily spend several years living there, and wouldn't mind doing just that after I finish my degree.
If you earn in dollars 2-3k a month can give you a good life.
>although the food in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, etc, is too bland for my tastes
For me the best latinamerican food is Peruvian, Mexican, Argentinian, Cuban is up to taste since the food is really dry and then the Brazilian food like S O P A D E M A C A C O,
U M A D E L I C I A
>Where in Mexico are you from?
Veracruz, the most destacable thing for it is that it has ugly beaches which people from the capital visit during summer and Semana santa but it has really cute comfy towns like Xalapa, Cordoba or Fortin de las Flores and has some jungle as well so you can enjoy the same thing that Chiapas or Oaxaca has in natural landscape. Oh and in the past few years the city has been modernizing a little bit and now has more American stores that only existed in the capital or in the other big cities.
>>
>>77727430

I only visited the Kurdistan Autonomous Region in the north of the country.

That was in 2013, some time before the Islamic State started making the news worldwide.

I visited Zakho, along the border, as well as Duhok and Erbil. I passed through the outskirts of Mosul en route from Duhok to Erbil, which is somewhat spooky in hindsight - some of the towns I crossed have since been obliterated by ISIS.

People were outstandingly friendly in Kurdistan, though. A lot of folks benefited immensely from the American invasion and had a raging boner for the United States. I got a lot of free tea and meals and was constantly asked whether I used to be a soldier.

I went to a bellydancing club with some random Iraqi muscle-head. I thought he was trying to pull a drinks scam on me - in Istanbul, sometimes guys will go to a club with a stranger, order a few beers, and then get a check for hundreds of dollars - so I went back to my room and hid most of my cash and credit card in a wall clock.

When I went back and asked for the check, he got extremely offended, slapped his handles on the table, and said, "This is Iraq! Kurdistan! Kurdistan! You pay nothing - nothing!" and started throwing dinars at me.
>>
What do you do on the average day? I'd imagine being in rural Africa there is fucking nothing to do or see mostly
>>
>>77727820
Rude
>>
File: 1500311420839.png (13KB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
1500311420839.png
13KB, 420x248px
>>77727672
>>for comic effect, I say "allahu akbar" as I cum
>>77727963
>Rude
>>
>>77727651

Wew

Not sure what to tell you, senpai.

I was an autist shut-in before I started traveling, but that was back when I was 19. I'm almost 24 now.

Might still be hope for you, Anon. Godspeed.

>>77727696

Ah, just depends where you're at.

Nobody seemed to care much about me being a gringo in Latin America. Men would actually enable me and actively introduce me to women, including their own friends.

The only two places where I felt like I was actively being cock-blocked by locals are Turkey and India.

Turks were way more aggressive about it, though.

>>77727820

I was pretty surprised that I didn't wind up getting sick at all in Mexico. I ate whatever the fuck looked or smelled good, regardless of whether it was from the street or a small restaurant.

Didn't know that about Peruvian and Argentinian food! Is their cuisine spicy too?

I spent a couple days in Veracruz, just because I didn't know where else to go, kek. Seemed like an alright place, but the heat and humidity were too much for me after coming down from the northern United States and then CDMX. I couldn't even sleep my first night due to the humidity.

Would you recommend Xalapa? I thought about going there instead of Veracruz City, but thought the weather forecast looked a bit dismal.
>>
>>77725616
Why are you in Tanzania?
>>
>>77728061

how far would 5k USD get me in mexico? its cheap right?
>>
>>77727943

First couple days I just hung out around the village with my friend.

I visited the school a couple days ago, which was more fun than I expected. Most of the kids - even older teenagers - speak rudimentary English. They couldn't communicate much, but were hilariously excited to see me.

Spoke Arabic with a few of the older students, which was refreshing. I took Arabic in university for a year, but that was in 2014-ish and I can't remember much.
>>
>>77728148

Visiting my friend in the Peace Corps.

I would have canceled and stayed in Mexico if it weren't for him. Had a fucking blast there.

>>77728150

Cheaper than the United States but not as cheap as Nicaragua or Colombia.

Food is very inexpensive. Dorm rooms in the cities I visited averaged between $8 and $13 per night, depending on the location and quality.

Inter-city buses were more expensive than I expected. CDMX to Guadalajara was about $45 for a 7 hour ride, but that was on a pretty swanky carrier. I think you can take colectivos around for a lot less.

If you're cheap with transportation, I'd say you could live alright off $35 or $40 per day, with lodging included in that budget. So anywhere between 3 and 5 months, depending on how often you get miserably drunk and fuck your bank balance up.
>>
File: 1485654778627.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485654778627.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>77728008
>>
>>77728280

Wow I thought colombia would be more expensive
>>
gonna go shit in the squat toilet brb

Will answer whatever else when I get back, not tired yet and friend is asleep
>>
>>77728380
colombia is literally the cheapest country on erath i believe
>>
>>77728380

Before I shit:

Colombia was surprisingly inexpensive. I went there in 2015 with a few thousand dollars. I wound up spending more than I expected precisely because food, activities, and VivaColombia flights were so cheap. I could afford to do almost anything I wanted, so I ended up doing a lot more than I'd thought.

AFAIK, the value of the Colombian peso has gone down by quite a bit since 2015, too.
>>
>>77728061
> I ate whatever the fuck looked or smelled good, regardless of whether it was from the street or a small restaurant.
Jesus not even I do such a thing, but I guess if you want to do so consider that if you see a dog nearby a food stand you can guess its good because dog wont eat dog.
[spoiler]Its a urban myth that some taco restaurants use dog meat but I swear whenever you hear it happening in real life you get legit scared.[/spoiler]
>Didn't know that about Peruvian and Argentinian food! Is their cuisine spicy too?
Argentinian food is more like asado and I dont remember too much the peruvian food but ceviche is good.
>but the heat and humidity were too much for me after coming down from the northern United States and then CDMX. I couldn't even sleep my first night due to the humidity.
Yeah the sun isnt that bad compared with the north but the humidity makes it worse since in the north it just directly burns you but in here it makes you sweat.
>Would you recommend Xalapa? I thought about going there instead of Veracruz City, but thought the weather forecast looked a bit dismal.
Xalapa has a colder climate and if you want to see a colonial town with a climate similar to the DF without the smog then come
>>77728150
5k a month will work really good, life is cheaper in Mexico and even cheaper if you get paid in dollars.
>>
>>77728344
Dont worry anon, Im sure you are a delicĆ­a as well ;)
>>77728394
>Squat toilet
Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
File: 1498454944743.gif (2MB, 496x366px) Image search: [Google]
1498454944743.gif
2MB, 496x366px
>>77728663
t-thanks
>>
>>77728808
No problem my dear macaco <3
>>
File: toilet.jpg (82KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toilet.jpg
82KB, 1334x1000px
>>77728663

They're not that bad.

The worst part about the squat toilet here is that the light in the bathroom doesn't work, so I have to rely on my phone's static flash.

Sometimes I wind up having to fend off spiders and roaches with the plunger.

Really dreading the day when I inevitably come down with the shits and have to squat over that thing for five or ten minutes at a time.
>>
>>77729271
Not even the worst rural places in my country are that disgusting, I wont die from it but that looks like a nightmare.
At least it seems clean enough.
>>
File: 1499910170928.gif (975KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1499910170928.gif
975KB, 250x227px
>>77729271
>Sometimes I wind up having to fend off spiders and roaches with the plunger.
>>
>>77729336

I was pretty surprised by how comfy the snippets of rural Mexico I caught seemed.

Brown stuff around the toilet is just wet concrete, BTW, it isn't shit. Since the water connection doesn't work on the toilet, we have to use a bucket to 'flush.'

>>77729407

There's also a giant lizard that lives in the courtyard, but it seems pretty terrified of people. Rescued a gecko from the water bucket last night. Little idiot hopped down on the pitcher inside and couldn't get himself out.

My friend said he heated up a pot of water and was going to murder Big Lizard with it by pouring it into his hole, but couldn't bring himself to do it.
>>
>>77727854
Did you post this story in /trv/ previously?
>>
>>77729630

Yeah, probably.

I'm a regular poster on /trv/. I used to make a lot of India General threads, too, but my enthusiasm for that country has plummeted in recent months.
>>
>>77725616
Are you not scared of disease and random insects
>>
>>77729656
Why? Too much poo in loo?
>>77729477
Oh so it wasnt that bad, but did it smell bad? How are the local higyenic customs?
>>
>>77726132
How do you break into freelance writing?
>>
>you will always be an autist and never go on adventures like this
>>
>>77729656
Thought it sounded familiar. Can't be many /trv/elers who went to Kurdistan.

Safari njema m8
>>
>>77727672
pls relay some spoopy stories you heard
>>
>>77729768

Not particularly.

I'll admit to hating spiders and millipedes, but I've only seen a handful of the former and none of the latter.

This French guy I met in Ecuador was telling me about how he spotted a massive arachnid in the corner of some jungle lodge he was staying in. Tried to kill it, but it managed to wiggle its way into a nook before he squash it.

Woke up in the middle of the night and felt the mosquito net pressed right up against his face, with something big perched ride on the other side.

Said he just kept his eyes closed, rather than opening them and accepting reality.

>>77729805

Haven't observed a local poo, TBQH.

I think they do the same as rural India, which is shit in a squat toilet or latrine, splash water on their anus, and wipe with their left hand (incidentally, it's considered quite offensive to pass anything to the locals using your left hand - I assume that's the reason, which is the same in rural India).

So far as India goes... it's just a fucking frustrating place. I'm not completely liberal in every respect, but the conservative attitude held by many of the locals drives me up the wall. God fucking forbid you hold hands with an Indian girl, too, because it triggers an ungodly amount of jealousy in young, single men.

Might have said this before, but part of the reason I liked Mexico so much is that it's different enough from the States to be interesting but not so incredibly foreign that I wind up feeling like a Martian just walking down the street. Nobody bothered me, cock-blocked me in bars, talked shit to me for no reason, or just generally annoyed me with stupid shit.

India is an incredibly interesting place, but being there is more or less a daily exercise in patience.
>>
>>77725616
Post timestamp
>>
>>77729832

I used to write essays for international students when I was in university. I used some samples from my academic work while applying to various freelance positions. Eventually I got a small gig with a men's interest magazine in India, which put my name in print.

My favorite contract actually came from CraigsList. Pays me about $1,000 per month for 5-8 hours of work per week. Editor is an amazing guy, loves my work, and is very understanding whenever I'm in some poo-tier country and can't connect to the Internet.

Very happy he told me that the website's budget is secure for the foreseeable future and that he plans to keep everyone on through at least 2018. It's not a ton of money, but it means I can do my Spanish courses in Mexico with a lot less financial stress.

You have to get very lucky with CraigsList, though. Otherwise, a lot of beginners have to do 'free' work (which sucks) or cold-contact various websites and businesses.

>>77729992

Thanks, senpai. I don't think I've posted that story in years, so I'm happy you remember.

My mind is still in Spanish mode and I haven't learned much Swahili yet. I get the gist, though - asante!

>>77730055

I will once I think of them. Heard all those two or three years back, so I can't remember well.
>>
Why don't you travel in central/eastern/southern europe?
>>
quick question, what do you do for cell phone service when traveling? Also when you were in mexico city how did you get around with no car? Like to the store if you needed food?
>>
>>77730064
Do you think the indian memes of them harassing girls over the internet would be true?
>Might have said this before, but part of the reason I liked Mexico so much is that it's different enough from the States to be interesting but not so incredibly foreign that I wind up feeling like a Martian just walking down the street. Nobody bothered me, cock-blocked me in bars, talked shit to me for no reason, or just generally annoyed me with stupid shit.
The only mexicans you should be wary of are Chicanos. If you can really call them mexicans
>>77730163
>My mind is still in Spanish mode and I haven't learned much Swahili yet
Ive heard Swahilli is somewhat easy and you could learn it in 2 months if you get a good general book of it or have someone to teach you.
>>77730180
He said he traveled to Serbia and """Turkey""" tho.
>>
>>77726781
>Freemasons
What did they do to the villagers? Kick them off of some land with mercenaries for a bigger hunting ground or what?
>>
>>77730180

I hitchhiked around the Ring Road in Iceland and then from London to Istanbul when I was 20.

I liked Southern and Eastern Europe a lot, but enough to want to return any time in the very near future.

>>77730139

Couldn't find my pen, so here's a picture of my friend's phone with the time plus some of the stuff from: >>77726390
>>
File: rg.jpg (63KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rg.jpg
63KB, 1334x1000px
>>77730381

Forgot image, my bad.
>>
>>77730381
wtf I couldn't even hitchhike to the next train station

you must be good/friendly looking
>>
What work do you do that gives you the time to travel?
>>
Why do you even live in that shithole
Do you enjoy being in constant danger of death/the companion of niggers?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>77727672
>A designated Indian Hindu following ghost heard a kebab speak, but it just turned out to be a foreigner and so jusy gave you the stink eye instead
>>
>>77730229

Depends.

In Mexico I just paid an extra $5 to activate T-Mobile's North American Roaming feature.

Normally I buy a local prepaid SIM if I'm in a country for more than a couple weeks. It's hassle-free in most places.

The only country where I detest the activation process is India. There you have to fill out a contract, attach passport-sized photos, and then wait a day or two for the cell phone company to call and ask several security questions to verify your identity. It's fucking stupid. Sometimes I just pay an extra couple hundred rupees to buy one that was activated under someone else's name.

>>77729878

You never know, m8. I was a low self-esteem sperg before I went on my first trip.

>>77730240

Yeah, I fucking loved Mexicans.

I didn't expect people to be half as friendly as they were. It got to a point where I'd be mildly surprised if a shopkeeper wasn't nice as fuck when I was buying a Coca-Cola or beer or something.

>Indian memes of them harassing girls over the Internet

It's not a meme, it's reality. I've had several of my former GFs and FWBs and general female friends show me their "Other" inbox on Facebook. The sorts of messages Indian men send women are beyond bizarre. Lots of "pls accept my friendship" and "hello i m puneet from mumbai.... i like cricket and m practicin lawyer... pls b my friend" to full-length poems.

>Swahili

My friend could probably teach me, but my enthusiasm has been somewhat lacking. It's very easy just to let him translate everything, since he's fluent, but I should probably stop.

Dude is a monster, though. He grew up in another country and speaks both his native languages fluently, plus English and now Swahili.

>>77730319

Actually don't know about that.

I'll ask my friend tomorrow. I'd guess they probably just heard Illuminati conspiracy theories from someone and took them seriously, but there could be another reason.
>>
>>77730439

More or less average-looking.

Worst part about hitchhiking is having to find ways to make small-talk with people who speak another language, but it can be fun sometimes.

Icelandic people were hilarious, albeit in a slightly off-putting way.

One guy picked me up and the first thing he said when I got into his car was, "Don't worry, we haven't had a serial killer here since the 17th century."

>>77730515

I don't live here; I'm visiting.

Again, not going to reply to garbage comments.

>>77730521

Kek'd out loud, not a bad hypothesis if spoops are real
>>
>>77730642
Wasn't meant as insulting
Sorry fa m
>>
Sounds like you're living one hell of a life man, I wish I could relate. I'm not tied down by anything I should do some exploring on my own. I have the money its just I'm from a town of 16,000 and scared.
>>
>>77730554
>speaks both his native languages fluently
Where is he from?
>>
>>77730691
dont worry i live in a city and Im still too fucking stupid to figure out how half the trains work here
>>
>>77730674

No problem.

People on Zanzibar seem docile, if occasionally rude.

From what I've heard, Dar Es Salaam has more of the 'dangerous Africa' vibe than here.

>>77730691

Go somewhere and give it a try.

One of my close friends is a second-year medical student and hasn't traveled anywhere in the ten years he's lived in the United States.

He recently spent five weeks between India and Thailand and had a blast.

He was calling me every day for the first few, asking stupid questions about how to use Uber and the Delhi Metro. After a week passed, he more or less dropped off the radar and didn't have to ask me anything.

The guy gained a ton of confidence from traveling by himself (I'll add that he's 27, so it's not like he's a teenager) and just booked a flight for his two-week vacation in winter.
>>
>>77730554
>You never know, m8. I was a low self-esteem sperg before I went on my first trip.
That gives me coinfidence in trying it.
>>
File: 1500443005237.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500443005237.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>77730642
>Don't worry, we haven't had a serial killer here since the 17th century.
Any other icelandic stories?
>>
File: B2Sea05IgAEshHr.jpg (72KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
B2Sea05IgAEshHr.jpg
72KB, 598x800px
>>77730554
I'll be sure to look up freemasons in the coming days on the archives of /int/ and /x/, anon.
>>
>>77730691
>>77730472
That type of life is only available to uni students or kids with rich parents
Once you start working then its bye bye free time wagie
>>
>>77725616
Do you own slaves? Is it legal to own slaves?
>>
>>77729271
Holy shit.
>>
>>77730951

True but only if you're locked into something like paying for college debt, or have kids, or have a wife, car/house payments. I have none of that, I just pay rent and the rest is in my savings. Literally working just to work, nobody to provide for besides myself and I don't need much. I do agree OP got lucky though.
>>
>>77730934
El AmericANO
>>77730951
He is in Tanzania anon you dont need to be rich to go to a literal shithole, just lurk the thread.
>>
>>77725616
Are you a journalist, photographer or a scientist? Probably was answered between those 100 replies but too lazy to read all of them rn sorry lol
>>
>>77730860

You may as well.

If you have the money, the worst that's likely to happen is you don't have quite the good time you were expecting.

As long as you keep an open mind and don't hold back from doing things you want to do, then you're golden. Leaving wherever you're from and being in a place where nobody knows you tends to diminish inhibitions somewhat.

>>77730900

I was in Iceland right after breaking up with my first girlfriend, so I was a little depressed and didn't do as much as I'd wanted.

Uh...

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. I did meet an Icelandic guy who had an Arabic language tattoo that said "Kheesoosoos". I asked him what it was supposed to say and he said "Jesus."

Didn't have the heart to tell him it was miserably misspelled in Arabic.

Iceland was pretty tame in relation to other places. I just did a lot of hitchhiking, camping, and regular outdoors stuff. Got rained on a lot and met a Canadian pogo-sticker who joined the local circus.

>>77730934

I'll probably make a thread tomorrow evening around the same time. I'll ask my friend about the Freemason stuff.

Not sure how much longer I'll stay awake. Maybe another thirty minutes or so. Have to get up somewhat early to go to the beach, which is a relatively lengthy dola-dola (not sure about spelling) ride away.
>>
>>77730951
Ah yes, because multiple weeks of vacation time is non-existent circa 2017.
>>
>>77726132
You consider that country developing? Isn't it underdeveloped
>>
>>77730951

Sort of true.

I'm a student but make a couple thousand dollars per month writing. After I graduate, I'm either going to do the Peace Corps or teach English in Latin America for a year or two, albeit in conjunction with a Master's program.

Traveling is fun, but I'm getting to a point where I'd like to stay in a particular place for an extended period of time. Constantly meeting new people and seeing new places, only to move on once you start to feel comfortable, gets old after a while.

>>77730954

Kek.

There are some mainland Tanzanians who work the fields that my friend considers 'slaves.' I guess they only get paid a dollar or two for hours plowing the fields.

>>77731071

Also, this.

I've been spending less than $5 per day, on average.

>>77731056

Not sure if luck is the right word, at risk of sounding like a cunny.

My family isn't spectacularly well-off, but they don't need me to contribute money to upkeep or household expenses. I understand some people can't afford to travel, and I'm not the sort of person who thinks travel is a spiritual necessity or whatever the fuck.

When I was younger, I more or less had no life during the school year. I'd work two jobs and save all my money for this shit. No drinking, bars, or activities. Avoided debt like the plague.

(again, I realize not everyone can do that, due to economic or familial circumstances)

I do consider myself lucky for having been able to carve out a niche for myself writing. It has made my life a lot, lot easier.
>>
>>77731079

I'm a student and freelance writer.

Probably going to try to publish some dreadful fiction within the next year or two. While I certainly don't expect to make bank, it'd be lovely to have a meager, passive income.

I'm trying to spend some of the down-time I have here in Tanzania to compile a collection of short stories.

I've written plenty for pay in the past, but this is the first time I've tried doing it for pleasure.

>>77731209

Which country? Tanzania?

Probably, yeah.
>>
Just would like to thank OP for doing an actually /int/-related thread for a change around here.

Nice! Hope you don't die so soon.
>>
I've some questions...

1) How are tanzanians with you? Isn't it dangerous over there?

2) I'm curious about their style of life... What did you find "extremely weird" about their culture?

3) Have you been in Arg?
>>
File: 1460871751987.jpg (287KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460871751987.jpg
287KB, 640x640px
>>77731071
The Peruvian:
During his childhood, he is introduced to the world of successful business from his parents, never having the need to use force to survive.
He is neat and attends all his classes, he is intelligent and creative.

The expression "Peruvian" comes from the Latin "Civilizadus homo sapiens sapiens sapiens" which translates directly to "intelligent, human and neat person".

You will wonder: How can one identify this marvelous creature?
In reality it's very simple, here are some of its characteristics:
1- They have clear and pleasant skin.
2- They are good looking and attractive.
3- They are the tallest race in human history.
4 - They enjoy perfectly symmetrical bone structures, it is impressive.
5- They have highly developed glutes.
6- They have solid necks, wide, long and strong.
7- Straight and delicate noses that would make any Greek sculptor jealous.
8- Their ears are designed to have the best acoustic capability.
9 - They have blue eyes and are well formed.
10- They have an unbeatable facial aesthetic, the faces of gods.
>>
>>77728529
>because dog wont eat dog

They will if they are starving
>>
>>77731528

Thanks m8. Wasn't sure if I'd get blasted for blogposting, but I'm happy with how the thread has turned out.

I might do another tomorrow night, unless that'd be overkill?

Also, thanks. Will try not to die soon.

>>77731551

1:

Mainland Tanzania can be somewhat sketchy, especially in large- and mid-sized cities. I'm staying in a rural part of Zanzibar, in a village where one of my close friends has spent over two years. While I don't feel completely comfortable walking around late at night, I've never felt physically threatened by any of the local people.

2:

I was very surprised but how little kids here seem to care about education.

In India, most lower-income people view a degree as a path to a better future. Here, very few children take their studies seriously. When I asked my friend why nobody wants to elevate themselves, he said he's asked the same question - the response tends to be along the lines of, "Study and get a degree? One of my friends did that - he doesn't have a job."

Culturally, the fear of wizards and Freemasons I mentioned earlier. It's funny to me, but the locals take it seriously.

3:

Not yet, but I'll go within the next few years, I suspect. Only countries I've been to in South America are Colombia and Ecuador.

After I get my master's, I'd love to do a motorcycle trip and hit all of South America (excepting Venezuela and probably Suriname and Guyana).
>>
Are you the only whitey that the people have ever seen?
>>
post a speedtest.net screenshot please
>>
File: 1501311996842.jpg (87KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501311996842.jpg
87KB, 768x960px
>>77731731
If you do decide to make a thread tomorrow, remember to post your friend's response about the Freemasons.
>>
File: happy barbossa.jpg (11KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
happy barbossa.jpg
11KB, 226x225px
>>77731591
Thanks for this nice post anon.
>>77731716
They have a strict moral code and rather commit seppuku than to be dishonored
>>77731731
>I've never felt physically threatened by any of the local people.
Speaking of that, how is your body built anon? And do you know some sort of self defense?
Apart from that have you been mugged or something similar, if not then whats the worse to have happened to you in one of your trips?
>>
File: screen.png (565KB, 1046x679px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
565KB, 1046x679px
>>77731814

Nah.

My friend has hosted a handful of other white folks in the two years he's been here.

Coastal Zanzibar is quite touristic. People don't visit the rural center nearly as much, but the villagers are used to seeing white folks pass by in cars and public buses.

People don't go nearly as crazy here over foreigners as small-town Indians.

>>77731848

Pic related.

Going to go wreck my lungs and down some first-generation antihistamines, so I'll probably sleep some time soon-ish.
>>
>>77731945
Thanks senpai.

Why does Tanzania have better internet than australia though
>>
>>77731932
No problem anon. I've strived to introduce Steve Michael Harriston posting to all the countries of /int/.
>>
File: 1490657760319.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1490657760319.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
>>77731945
>Tanzania has better iternet than me

JUST
>>
>>77731731

Thanks for the answer m8, I hope you don't get raped by rebels with AK's and machetes.
>>
>>77731896

Will do.

I'll likely post around 11pm EAT / 4pm EST.

I'll also take a picture with a timestamp outside during the day, so I don't have to deal with the same requests for proof.

>>77731932

Average shape. Not skinny but not chubby, either.

I wrestled for eight years before college but that's about it.

Going to take boxing lessons once I get home, though.

The only time I've ever been assaulted was in the United States. I was walking back from the bars on a football game night. We smoked the other team pretty badly, and some random fuck supporting the other school sucker-punched me while I was texting a friend.

I had an Indian threaten to beat me up once, but that was just fucking laughable.

Worst physical violence incident was getting shot with a rubber bullet and tear gassed by the Istanbul police for basically no reason, but the same shit happened to a lot of other people around Taksim.

I expect I'll eventually be robbed or mugged if I spend enough time in Latin America, but I've managed to avoid it so far.

Will greentext the story of an Australian guy who got robbed in Colombia after I take my sleepy pills and smoke.

>mfw some fuck starts blasting Swahili music from somewhere in the village at 2:16am
>>
File: 0A5.jpg (58KB, 1252x939px) Image search: [Google]
0A5.jpg
58KB, 1252x939px
>>77731984
wait, he is the same guy as pic related? Damn I love that PeruANO
>>
>>77732085
Ask him to play ToTo-Africa or the Shakira WorldCup song
>>
>>77731973
>>77732029

Kek.

Using a 4G hotspot on my friend's phone, too.

>>77732043

Th-thanks.

>escape Tanzania unscathed
>go to Egypt in September
>get allahu akbar'd in a cafe

>>77732125

N-n-nice try, Anon.

>go outside
>get killed by Freemasons

Not going to fall for that one.
>>
File: 53c453cb9d63d.jpg (22KB, 371x333px) Image search: [Google]
53c453cb9d63d.jpg
22KB, 371x333px
>>77732100
Yes that's the meme persona and name given to him. I forget his actual name though.
>>
>>77731945

Indians went crazy by seing a white in their village?

Tell us about this kek... It was for better or worse?
>>
>>77732166
Arent freemasons just guys that are part of an occult organization that just want power or something? Why the fuck are the freemasons in Africa so agressive?
>>
>>77732201

Okay, but I'll go outside after this. Will tell the kidnapped Aussie story once I get back in, then I'll try to sleep once the pills kick in.

>in India in 2016
>little low on money
>no secure freelance writing job at the time
>decide to play a background role in a Hindi advertisement to earn an extra $100
>production company pays for transportation to the site as well as food and accommodation
>arrive to the city, which is in Rajasthan, early in the morning
>shooting starts the same day
>spend ten or eleven hours under the sun getting fried
>walk back to the minibus with two German girls and a Russian dude

>shit-ton of Indian villagers in the parking lot
>they're dancing and singing and doing some sort of procession into town
>clearly rural as fuck

>mob the bus and start sticking their hands through the windows and taking pictures of us
>girls are getting scared

>literally a sea of Indians on all sides of the bus, asking random questions and jumping up and down
>Russian guy says his name loudly and the Indians repeat it
>he gets them to chant his name
>"Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex!!!"

I used to have a video and picture of it all on my phone but had to store them on my other laptop at home to make space for this trip. Checked and I don't have them on the backup of this computer, unfortunately.
>>
>>77732309

I doubt they're aggressive.

Wouldn't say it's an occult organization - more of a semi-secretive fraternity.

They do some wonky rituals and some influential historical figures have been members, but that's about all I know. IIRC, membership is dropping because young people don't have any interest in joining and getting bonked over the head with a rubber hammer by an old man dressed as a ghost chanting shit in Latin.
>>
>>77726390
Does tinder work there?
>>
You go man. I'm kinda envious of you, but at the same time I'm not. You have a lot of money and the abillity to see so many places and so many people while at the same time doing what you love (which I assume is writing).

I sometimes think about that as well. Every since I was a little child I wanted to travel to every possible corner of the world. I've only been to 3 countries so far, but for some reason sometimes I detest that ambition and just wish I move somewhere quiet, have a quiet life and be a family man.

Other times I want to be a great person, a scientist or a doctor perhaps whose name can be remembered for all history, or that I live a life full of excitement and intrigue.

I really don't know what I want or who I want to be. The saddest thing is that the only times I ever get to let these things out is in an American website about japanese cartoons. I really should talk to someone about it.
>>
>>77732385
So India is a real life meme then huh?
>>
>>77727651
I don't mean to be a dick, but it's all on you. You live in the united states, which despite not being what it was back in the day is still a land of the free. You are not some poor farmer in an african village believing in witches while also struggling to be able to feed yourself.

Go out, try to lose weight. Start running. Start applying for jobs. Shave your head. Start dressing better. Improve your charisma and social skills. Improve your personal hygiene. Exercise your skills. If you can't find a job then make one of your own. Start writing. Get an axe and start chopping wood to sell. Go hunting. Help your parents with their jobs. If you can't do that, then take what money you have and leave the states for some poor country where living is very cheap and you can find some job under the table so you can provide for yourself.

I'm sure you listen to stories where people do amazing things all the time and you manage to salute them for trying or for succeeding even.

cont
>>
this sounds breddy cool op
>>
>>77732449

Not really.

There are some tourists in Zanzibar I've matched with, but most of them are staying too far away for me to bother meeting.

I got a few dozen matches from Dar Es Salaam. However, the majority of local woman on Tinder are very clearly prostitutes.

I'm not terribly interested in African women, either. I've seen some good-looking girls from Ethiopia and Sudan, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic here.

Tinder in Mexico was fantastic, though. I got 800+ matches just in CDMX and met some fantastic and interesting women.

>>77732566

I get that. A lot of people have told me the same.

Your motivations are understandable.

I majored in a science subject with the eventual aim of going to medical school - I've since lost my interest and inclination toward becoming a doctor.

However, the one thing I was constantly told while growing up is that I have an obligation to improve the lives of those around me, even if only in a minute way. Because of that, I know I won't travel indefinitely. I want to make myself useful at some point, rather than continuing to tromp about for my own pleasure.

I'm not religious or spiritual, and I understand the want to be remembered. I think most people in most places want to leave some sort of legacy. For those of us who are unsure where life might take us, the pressure to find a way forward can become unbearable.

Wish I had something more to say, but I'm tired.

Chances are, you'll eventually get to a point where you feel comfortable.

Do what's sensible and what you think will bring you closest to fulfilling your goals without sacrificing your happiness and eventual stability.

Empty words but yeah.
>>
>>77732756
cont

you can be that man in the story. Maybe you'll be featured in some obscure article and people like you can take inspiration. Maybe you'll be able to tell your children about it so they can think of you as some kind of hero. Or worse case scenario you will fail, but then you'd know you have tried and not have given up.

The worst that can happen to you is you leeching off your parent's money and then becoming an old man living off the regrets of his youth, waiting to die alone. "What if" will become a torturing question you will ask yourself all day til the day you die.

No one is constricting you. You are a free man, so be the man you always imagined yourself to be. I know this may not seem as much from a stranger half a world away in an anonymous imageboard, but I mutter the same things to myself when I see that things are getting bleak.
>>
>>77732721

It's a meme, but one that's worth experiencing.

>>77732810

Thx senpai

Sleepy pills are kicking in, so here's the Aussie story before I pass out in the next twenty minutes:

>spend a week dicking around in Bogota
>decide it's time to move on
>find an inexpensive flight to Medellin and book a hostel there
>check in, take a shower, and head down to the common area
>nobody's inside save for a single Australian named Todd
>it's 10am and he's sipping a beer and smoking a cigarette
>start making the sort of banal traveler talk common to hostels around the world
>we get to talking about crime in Colombia, and I ask him whether he's had any problems in the time he's been there
>"Nah, mate, you'd have to be bloody stupid to get robbed here"
>wrap up the conversation and go out for a walk
>take a cable car up past some slums to a park on the outskirts of the city
>return back to the hostel at night
>everyone there is fucking Australian
>they ask me if I want to go out to some bars in El Poblado
>sure, why not
>hit up a few places, get a bit tipsy
>feeling nauseous and not in the mood to socialize
>walk back to the hostel without incident
>drift away into a pleasant and happy sleep
>wake up in the morning
>Australians are all downstairs, already back to drinking
>I walk into the room and one of them - a filthy hippie with dreadlocks and raggy clothes - notices
>"Oi mate, did you hear what happened to Todd?"
>nope
>"Todd got fucking robbed, man!"
>"Stupid bloke tried to flag down a taxi and wound up getting into some random guy's car. Next thing we know, we seem him staggering down the street in his undies"
>"Apparently they drove him around the corner and some guys with guns got in and took everything he had"
>ask where Todd is now
>"Dunno, mate. We talked to him, but he did the same damn thing again - just went up into some stranger's car"
>"Haven't seen him since. Probably locked up in some drug dealer's basement getting raped by a dog"
>>
>>77732857
Honestly speaking a lot of the mexican population is kinda fat and not too good looking, what did you find on Tinder in Mexico?
>>
>>77733158

Lots of QT girls.

Hooked up with a 34-year old woman a handful of times. She's a cook and always made good food in the mornings. Invited me to a wedding in Oaxaca in December, so I'll probably go if I wind up back in Mexico per my plan.

It was a lot of fun.

Met lots of nice girls out at bars, too. Would have been a lot easier if I spoke better Spanish, but I have next summer for that.
>>
>>77733237
have you ever been to the Mount Kenya area?
>>
>>77733260

No, this is my first time in Africa.
>>
>>77733100
The story is like something out of Always Sunny in Philadelphia but with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=senoF0vblek
>>
>>77733307
Are you planning on going elsewhere in Africa?

Also, how does 2k,mo cover travel expenses like flight? Do you have an actual home or shack up with your parents when you're not travelling?
>>
>>77733237

Milfs are easy as fuck, I use the hottest ones for sexting, it's incredible and super fun..
>>
>>77733307
oh
well, if you ever get the chance, I suggest trying to swing by Nanyuki, Embu, Nyeri, or Meru. It's a nice part of the country, rural with a few suburban-ish cities and towns. And the people there are nice too, you might like it there
>>
>>77733476

Kek, seems close!

>>77733489

I was originally planning to go to Zambia and Ethiopia as well as Egypt. However, my budget probably won't allow for all three. I'll do Egypt and maybe Ethiopia as well.

2k per month depends on where you're going and where you're flying to.

If you have a $500 round-trip to Mexico or Colombia, then the remaining $1500 is more than enough. If you're spending $900 RT and going to Thailand or India, then it's enough.

DESU $40-$50 per day for most places is more than enough, and quite good in South Asia/Southeast Asia.

In my case, I'm pretty broke at the moment, but I get paid $500 on Wednesday and probably $100-$200 Monday. I spend $5 per day here, max, and will have saved around $2-$2.5k by the time I leave in mid-September.

I bought my flight from Egypt to India when I was still in the States. All I have to buy for flights for the rest of my trip is here to Egypt ($300-ish) and then India to Mexico ($600-$700, per current SkyScanner prices).

Gets a bit tight at times, but I'm used to it.

It's possible to save whether you live at home or rent, but it's harder in the latter case, especailly if you have to find a sub-leaser. Basically just work more, eat at home, and don't have fun.

Would write more but I'm fucking dead now.

Will make a thread 10-11pm EAT Sunday evening, and then maybe once again in a week or two, after enough shit has happened to warrant it.

Night, thanks for the good time all
>>
>>77732857
I'm not religious or spiritual at all. I'm the most cynical person ever. I don't believe in god, I don't believe in ghosts, paranormal shit, spirits, angels etc. Even the slightest of conspiracy theories seem bollocks to me. But that's bad in a way.

I would love a life like yours I suppose and if shit doesn't direct me towards medical school I suppose I'll give it a try. Also, do you only write articles? Have you tried writing literature? I love coming up with stories and characters and I consider myself a person with imagination, but just don't know if there's even a slightest chance you could make a buck out of it.

Anyways, sorry for highjacking your thread. Will go to sleep in a while.
>>
>>77733720
Do you browse /trv/ often?
>>
>>77733739

Fug.

Will respond to this and then I'm putting my friend's phone and hotspot back in his room and sleeping.

Right now, I only write articles. I've done a lot of essays, academic work, and entertainment reviews, on top of business contracts and text advertisements.

I've not done much in regards to literature. However, I have been putting together several short stories while traveling. Once I wrap them up, I may move on to a larger project. I have several ideas and would quite like to, but it's a big and intimidating time investment.

I feel the same way about most of what you've described.

You've just got to find a way to drudge up some semblance of contentedness and purpose from underneath the cynicism. It's taken me a while, but I feel like I'm getting there.

For now, I'm just focusing on the immediate future and short-term. There's a lot I'd like to improve in my life, and I'm more or less happy to work on myself before worrying too much about what's entirely out of my control.

Hopefully we'll both get to wherever we need to be some day, Anon.

Until then, I really fucking need to sleep.
>>
>>77733880

Yes, I'm a regular poster on /trv/.

Laptop is closing now. Night for the last time, all.

Will post again tomorrow night.

Adios.
>>
>>77733972

Hasta maƱana!
>>
>>77733972
Thanks for doing this mane
>>
What are you studying? I'm doing my Master in mathematics right now and I'm spending whole summers just to keep up, how are you doing that
>>
>>77733972
Sleep tight anon.
>>
File: IMG_5426.jpg (162KB, 818x785px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5426.jpg
162KB, 818x785px
>>77732756
>he fell for the land of the free meme
Not him, but this post screams delusional. You can't just pick up an axe, chop wood, or go hunting. And If you live in rural/suburban USA like I do, and don't have a car, you're literally fucked. Things are better here than in Greece, I'm sure, but it's hardly the land of opportunity it once was.
>>
>>77725616
Delhi Belly? What's up my man? Still have that gf in Hauz Khas?
>>
>>77733237
Did you fug the MILF? Elaborate please
>>
>>77734324
Can't you just stack boxes for several hours a day and earn enough to travel all over the 3rd world?
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.