[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you're cunt do you know anyone personally that is "into"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg (12KB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg
12KB, 220x160px
you're cunt
do you know anyone personally that is "into" u2? like an actual fan of their music?

i've never met anyone that is and yet they're considered super famous and sell out theaters all the time. i don't get it. i feel like people are just telling me their famous and popular but they're not. is it just marketing or are they just super popular internationally.
>>
>>77694371
bump. this is important
>>
>>77694371
My dad was an enormous fan, he was really into music yet they remained his favorite band
>>
>>77694371
I remember they put that U2 album in everyone's itunes libraries and then apple had to provide a tool to remove it.
>>
I think most of their fanbase is European?
>>
My uncle
>>
>>77694371
U2 was basically the normie standard for the 1990's, it was a band with some small measure of street cred that girls did enjoy and had sing along anthemy hits. It was the vanilla ice cream of rock music at the height of brit indie and "grunge" punk rock, the default for people who never quite got over the 1980´s and "I like all music" types.

They were actually a good band at some point, I know plenty of aging hipster wannabes who were hardcore fans. There's no good reason for anyone not from the 80´s-90´s to like them tho, they´re not that good and their music didn't age well.
>>
>>77698594
I agree. They were Accessible (TM), took themselves seriously, and didn't intimidate normies like 80s metal and punk did.
>>
>>77698594
>and their music didn't age well
No shit, Sherlock, songs about nuclear war haven't aged well.
>>
File: U2_Boy.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
U2_Boy.png
19KB, 300x300px
>>77694371
I think it's only okay.
>>
I think most people like their older stuff, but they should have stopped a decade ago.
>>
U2 don't actually make music, they just help Ireland launder stolen tax money
>>
>>77699017
i fucking knew it.
>>
i like discotheque
>>
>that time when Henry Rollins was playing in Dublin (right in U2's backyard) and harangues the crowd about how much they suck
>everyone starts cheering
>>
>>77698995
About by the time Bush's second term started was when they needed to call it quits.
>>
>>77699716
Should have never started desu.
>>
>>77699017
Reminder that the greatest rock band from Ireland ever was lead by a black guy. Still good tho.
>>
>>77694371

People are not fans of U2, people like them, but without passion, and pretty much only their greatest hits. Like a good reliable 8.5/10 but not perfect restaurant. I can't really imagine someone loving U2.

U2 were the "biggest band in the world" for the Music press from the late 80s till the early 2000s. But it wasnt super hegemonic. Many people considered Radiohead the greatest band of the world in the late 90s and early 2000s, and I am pretty sure Guns and Roses, Metallica, and Nirvana (briefly because of the suicide), were just as big or bigger for same of those years too.

The Joshua Tree (which has With or Without You and Where the Streets Have No Name), Achtung Baby, and All you cant leave behind are probably their greatest albums.
U2 had good albums and hits before Joshua Tree, had 2 albums that kinda flopped after Achtung Baby, and nothing they have made from the mid 2000s on is very good. Achtung Baby received some critical acclaim and gave them some cred in a time where mainstream rock was "alternative rock".
>>
>>77694371
No
They've been making obnoxious garbage since the 1990s and should just fuck forever

That said, they have a few excellent singles from the 1980s, like Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day
>>
One step below REM, and that says a lot.
>>
>>77694371
Remember that bitch in the movie taken going around in europe to follow a fucking U2 tour lmao, she deserved the kidnapping
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.