[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Ibadhis follow a method of allegorical interpretation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: oman.png (1KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
oman.png
1KB, 318x159px
>The Ibadhis follow a method of allegorical interpretation of anthropomorphistic expressions in the Qu'ran.
>Belief that Allah's "sitting on the throne" should not be taking with a literal meaning because its true meaning is His rule over the Universe. "There is no place in the high heavens and the lowest earths vacated by Him...He is sitting on the throne, is witness over everything and encompasses everything without formation, limitation, resemblance, anthropomorphism or imagination." (Rabii ibn Habib)
>Belief that the coming of Allah with the angels on the day of resurrection (89:22) is not literal but rather explained as the coming of His order.
>With regard to the companions, Ibadhis subjected some of them to criticism (al-Jarh): All the companions are just except those the Quran has made sinful. All their narration's are accepted except in those connected with sedition among those who plunged into sedition. The Ibadhis aim was to keep to the example set by the Prophet, peace be upon him, his two successors (Abu Bakr and 'Umar) and the upright Companions, and to re-establish the Muslim society on the same lines as the first Muslim community.
Al-Saalmy, an Ibadhi scholar, wrote in "Talaat Al-Shams":

"As for the companion... He is just till sedition. Thereafter, like another, he will be tried."

Reminder that Ibadhi is the superiror muslim faith

Reminder that sunnis and shias are too dumb to understand Allah and his wisdom and book
>>
I don't know much about Islam, but Oman seems chill.
>>
>>77637174
Nobody thinks allah is sitting on a literal throne pleb.
>>
>The general source in the Ibadhi ideology is the complete elimination of anthropomorphic elements from the conception of deity and all that may suppose comparison among the Quranic revelations or prophetic traditions should be interpreted to suit the position and should lead to comparison.
No creature resembles Him and He does not resemble any creature; and what has come in the Quran or Sunnah prejudicing comparison is interpreted to benefit the meaning and does not lead to comparison. And they strictly avoid explaining Allah in what may prejudice comparison and they confirm to Him the 99 names and high qualities as He himself has confirmed for Himself.
>Belief that the coming of Allah with the angels on the day of resurrection (89:22) is not literal but rather explained as the coming of His order.
>Belief that the "face" of Allah means Allah Himself. His "hands" and "handful" are explained as His power and rule or rizq and sustenance.
>His "eye" means His knowledge and protection. "And build the ark under Our Eyes as We reveal" (11:37) and "...And I endued you with love from Me, inorder that you may be brought up under My Eye." (20:39)
>The Ibadhis maintain that Allah is not to be seen either in this World or in the World to Come. As for the Quranic verses which give the impression that Allah shall be seen, the "gazing" was explained as waiting the permission from thier Lord to enter Paradise. This question is fully addressed in Musnad ar-Rabii ibn Habib.
>>
>Repentance is the foundation of forgiveness. God does not forgive grave sins, unless the sinner repents before death. As for the small mistakes, they are forgiven by avoiding the big crimes; and by doing the good things. (The good things blot out the bad ones). He who is happy in the hereafter never becomes miserable, and who is miserable never becomes happy; and happiness and misery never meet in one person. With regard to the perpetrator of big crimes the Ibadhis do not charge him with polytheism, as it is said about the Khawarij. They say such a person is a hypocrite, and it is not possible for him in the state of his disobedience and his insistence on crimes, to enter the Paradise if he does not repent.
>Belief that it is not lawful to fight the righteous Imam. Fighting the unjust Imam is not an obligation; neither is it forbidden. The unjust ruler will first be requested to practice justice, if he does not respond, he will be told to leave the Muslim affairs; if he does not respond, it is permitted to fight him and remove him by force even if that will result in his death. It is preferred to remain under the tyrannical rule if it is feared that fighting will not succeed or feared that it may affect the Muslims or weaken their power over their enemies in any place in the Muslim countries.

Ibadhi IQ = 2000000
>>
>>77637174
I go a step further: the quran itself can't be taken seriously
>>
>>77637689
gtfo retarded namefag
>>
>>77637713
go fuck a goat
>>
>>77637174
Sounds neat. Sadly it seems the only form of Islam currently expanding is Salafism, which often has an anti-intellectual streak to it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.