[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm learning English now, and I can't understand the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5187.jpg (405KB, 1500x1015px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5187.jpg
405KB, 1500x1015px
i'm learning English now, and I can't understand the meaning of this sentence
please teach me in simple English
>>
>>77631100
nice double dubs
it's saying that both the parents and the teens need to be mindful of how to live with the newfound freedoms of cell phone use.

a similar but simpler and syntactic structure would be something like

it is a delicious cake, but one that took seven hours to make. (the cake is delicious but it took 7 hrs to make)

hope that helps bud
>>
>>77631193
>mindful
>newfound
>syntactic structure
Those are big words m8
>>
>>77631222
4 u
>>
>>77631234
>dubs
>baneposting
Op will be so confused if he really is just starting
>>
>>77631281
it's ok because I have a google :)
thank you
>>
>>77631193
"one" means freedom in this case?
>>
>>77631100
>What finally emerges is a new freedom for teens, but one that is closely managed from both sides
若者の新しい事由はやっと浮かび上がりますが、その自由は二人で《親子共々どうし》じっくりと取り扱います。
"but one that is closely managed from both sides."

The teenagers have a new freedom, but it is being constrained. The parent and children are compromising so that their freedom is reasonable for both sides.
>>
>>77631372
thank you
>>
>>77631100
Shit this is really hard English
>>
>>77631100
to put it in simple english?
constrained freedom
>>
>>77631456
The passage has grammatical errors all over the place. It sounds like it's supposed to be proper English, but instead they're using colloquial English.
I'd estimate this writing to be at about a middle school level.
>>
>>77631503
>>77631456
It's because they're using literally no contractions and really awkward diction.
>>
>>77631356
that is right. In that sentence, the subject is the "newfound freedom for teens". In the second half of the sentence, it is easier to say "one" than to write the entire subject again.
the sentence you quoted is the same as:

"What finally emerges is a new freedom for teens, but a new freedom for teens that is closely managed from both sides."

You probably should only do this in the same sentence, don't use "one" to refer to a subject in a later sentence.

>>77631503
yes, it isn't good
>>
>>77631100
this is garbage english
>>
>>77631592
it seems like it might have been deliberately written to be difficult, kind of like, "if you can understand this, real english won't be a problem for you"
>>
>>77631616
It seems more like "we put every Japanese word individually into a translator because we couldn't
afford a white man to come help us" type of English.
>>
>>77631689
It wouldn't come out like that though, so they must have some knowledge of English.
>>
>>77631689
what finally emerges is a cheap language education book, but one that is extremely shitty
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.