[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>country >what is your surname convention in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: surname_conventions.png (171KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
surname_conventions.png
171KB, 600x416px
>country
>what is your surname convention in your country?
>do you like it?

Spain
Women keep their surnames when they marry.
Children get 2 surnames, the first surname of the father and the first surname of the mother.

I kinda dislike how the mother's surname will eventually be lost forever
>>
>>77528605
Up for the parents to decide. They can have one parents name, both, or even go for the traditional nordic naming convention if they choose.
>>
>>77528724
>Up for the parnets to decide.
thats a recipe for disaster, imagine how messy that is to keep records
>>
>>77528724
Is that not the case in every reasonable country? I'm sure he was asking what that "traditional nordic naming convention" is
>>
Jap
we usually succeed the family names of the father's family.
Sometimes the mother's ones are adopted, when the new husbands get adopted by the mother's family to succeed to their family(it is called Mukoyoushi or husband as a son-in-low.)
These days adoptation of separate surnames is discussed.
>>
South Korea
Fucking small but fucking strong
>>
>>77528999
nice trips.

But in that case, traditional nordic is what they have in Iceland. Taking the dads first name and adding -sson for sons and -sdotter for daughters.
>>
children should only have the father's surname
>>
South Korea is not that strong though
>>
>>77528605
USA
Father's name
I'm ok with it, although personally I like the idea of mother's surname=middle name and father's surname=last name
>>
File: surnames_spanish.png (10KB, 637x234px) Image search: [Google]
surnames_spanish.png
10KB, 637x234px
>>77528999
>Is that not the case in every reasonable country?
no, in most countries surnames are made in an standard logical way
in fact in Spain a lot of people were assigned new surnames in the 1400's or 1500's because they had none or they were illiterate. So a lot of names turned into surnames
Sancho > Sánchez
Fernando > Fernández / Hernández
Rodrigo > Rodriguez
Martin > Martínez
pic related is pretty much how naming convention works in Spain. Revert the father surname for the mother and its Portugal.
>>
>>77528605
Only emperor has no family name in Japan, others has it.
Because everybody knows the emperor family.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.