[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say nuclear war happens and civilization as we know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: dystopia-1.png (2MB, 1900x1002px) Image search: [Google]
dystopia-1.png
2MB, 1900x1002px
Let's say nuclear war happens and civilization as we know it is eradicated. All governments fall, most of the world is abandoned, buildings are destroyed and the only people who thrive anymore are scavengers.

And let's also say you're among those lucky ones who survived. What would you try to do in your country to survive?
>>
Scavenge all I can
Weapons, energy food and clean water
Antibiotics
>>
>>77470905
>nuclear war happens
>you're among those lucky ones who survived
Nice premise, brb dying from all-body cancer.
>>
Well, disregard the fact of radiation.
>What would you try to do in your country to survive?
Library. Tools for basic jobs. A simple wind or water power plant.
>>
go to the rural parts around the mountains and try to survive off the land
>>
>>77470905
>the only people who thrive anymore are scavengers
>What would you try to do
open a gyro shop kek
of course scavenge like everyone else. you said it yourself already, nothing else to discuss

>>77471687
it's slower than you think
>>
When you think about it, wouldn't those tribal primitive niggers be better off than everyone else in this scenario?

>>77471750
I meant more like what are your long term plans and shit
>>
>>77471826
>tribal primitive niggers
that's a rude way of saying "peasants"
and yeah, "people of the land" and hunters would thrive ok depending on how bad the land is. from what you mention only the capitals of the world were glassed
>>
I'm already highly qualified to survive. I'm a /k/fag, very good shooter, extremely good with knives. I know how to make several different kinds of bombs, grenades and anti-personnel mines. I know some medical procedures likes self stitching and I know how to perform arm amputations. I have survival knowledge like making tents and shelters, some bushcraft skills. Not great with knots but I'm learning.

The question is if I'd use that to survive on my own, which would greatly increase my chances, or actually try to form a group to recreate some form of civilization, would involve politics and would just be unpleasant all around.
For the former I'd stick to places where population would be gone, like colder climates. There's enough to survive by yourself and live a good life until you die. For the latter I have no idea, the main points would be kill zones with radiation.
>>
>>77470905
You are the guy writing a novel or something, right?
>>
>>77472103
yes, how do you remember me
>>
>>77472287
meh, if it's just a novel there's a very important thing you have to investigate and manage:
social relationship
just look at kids, or gamer clans, or whatever. observe your neighbors
unless you're doing some "I am Legend" variant the survivors will start to build relationships (friendships, alliances, rivalries, enmities). the rest depends on how much damaged is the enviroment
>>
>>77473171
Lol I didn't make this thread to observe people's actions in a hypothetical situation desu, just like post apoc settings. Social interactions are the most important part of such stories and is why the genre has been so dumbed down lately (le scary zombie xD)
>>
File: 1384679854971.png (111KB, 640x794px) Image search: [Google]
1384679854971.png
111KB, 640x794px
>>77470905

Start a cult
>>
>>77471826
No, tribal niggers have no knowledge. It is not so hard to master basic physical skills. Education is way more complicated. But we have books.

>>77473534
3rd season after WWIII.
>>
>>77473727
>3rd season
what for, to show Sasaki dan? pss it's over
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.