[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when Antarctica melts and the world starts colonizing it I will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 14987391798120.jpg (46KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
14987391798120.jpg
46KB, 604x516px
when Antarctica melts and the world starts colonizing it I will be King of the Australian claim and none of you will be allowed in.

I will annex the French claim and take the most beautiful woman in France to be my wife and hostage.
>>
>>77354371
>French claim
i didn't know it was this pathetic
at least it's like territorial banter
>>
>>77354371
>>77355305
Those claims are entirely meaningless though, as international treaties forbid annexation of Antarctica by anyone. The very act of having a claim is just pathetic dickwaving.
>>
>>77355305
>UK and Argentina claiming the same area
Oh boy
>>
>>77355816
those claim were made before the treaty that froze them.
Nobody deny or recognize them. It's just sitting there.

Meanwhile, we have bases on our claim, administrate them, and we recognize australian claim in exchange for them recognizing ours.
>>
>>77354371
If Antarctica melts and you are somehow still alive, the process involved will likely kill you and everyone else living along the coast (read: pretty much everyone).

>>77355816
>as international treaties forbid annexation of Antarctica by anyone
That doesn't really mean anything, though. No one is going to try and stop a country from "annexing" Antarctica because whoever tries will die from the weather in the process. They can barely get specially designed boats and planes to reach the mainland, let along set up anything aside small research centres. Most of the land is basically impenetrable.

>>77355957
A couple of tiny research stations which shelter an armful of people on a semi permanent basis. Wow. Everyone in the world could recognise our bases but at the end of the day the continent doesn't and it is incredibly expensive and dangerous to conduct research there, making it essentially off limits to everyone but a small group of scientists. Even then, most of their own claimed zones are entirely inaccessible.

The entire setup is one big meme because at the end of the day even those who conduct research there are hardly representative of their nations. It may as well be international waters for all practical implications. Most of the transportation is private enterprises to begin with.
>>
>>77354371
Realitstically speaking? what would happen if another country just sailed in and said "fuck You,this is my claim now"? would anyone start a war over Antarctica?
>>
>>77356662
Embargo
>>
there is no beautiful women in france.
>>
File: southleaf.jpg (4KB, 220x177px) Image search: [Google]
southleaf.jpg
4KB, 220x177px
>>77355305
C L A I M E D
>>
>>77356662
>would anyone start a war over Antarctica?
USA
>>
File: 1398286103363.jpg (134KB, 1000x582px) Image search: [Google]
1398286103363.jpg
134KB, 1000x582px
>>77356852
Not true
>>
>>77357189
Why would the US government want anything to do with Antarctica?
>>
>>77357201
There are only women with pride and ugly ego.Except for immigrants.
>>
>>77355305
>Argentina being a cunt again
What the fuck is their actual problem
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.