[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea completed Nuclear bomb But look at these South

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 2245CD4758DDE16F09C27B.jpg (37KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
2245CD4758DDE16F09C27B.jpg
37KB, 300x206px
North Korea completed Nuclear bomb

But look at these South Korean dip shit.
They don't have will to fight. Who would help one who don't want to help himself? I fucking hate this pussy cunt
>>
>>77345861
haha, all my SK friends tell me how they try to leave when they're kids to avoid military conscription.
>>
those soy faced yellow skinned niggers will go in and die for their freedom
>>
>>77345899
Even drafted South Korean soldiers would run away crying like a kid if war breaks out. They should have determination to fight to the end at least even if they are weak, but they don't
>>
Your leaders have to make the choice between looking weak in the NK issue or risk a war with thousands of South Koreans dying. Either way they're getting shit from the voters.
>>
>>77345899
They should have elected Hong for president
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png (28KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
28KB, 2000x1000px
I want to be a Korean, not a slave of vassal state of USA
>>
>>77345861
Nothing is going to happen. Just let them die of starvation.
>>
File: o-DEFAULT-570.jpg (174KB, 570x779px) Image search: [Google]
o-DEFAULT-570.jpg
174KB, 570x779px
One people, one culture, one language, one Korea!
>>
>>77346151
Did you vote for Moon?
>>
>>77346106
South Korean could make things better before they have to risk thousands of lives. They missed that opportunity and now they are just coward in front of North Korea's ICBM.
>>
>>77346187
How do you fix a poor shithole of NK full of gommies? they're subhuman, you're lucky to be forever split. I wish we had a small but normal Russia without low IQ redshits.
>>
>>77346151
then go to north korea and you can be a literal slave to some fat punk kid and have no freedom
>>
File: 1499482929175.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1499482929175.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>77346151
Expressing sympathy for the NK government is a crime in SK
Reporting you now
>>
East Germany wasn't exactly a worker's paradise, but it wasn't a nightmarish personality cult dictatorship either. The nation had functioning (if dated) infrastructure, education, and industry in the 80s. The East Germans had access to enough media to have a good grasp of world events and were modern enough to transition fairly easily back into a free society. North Korea has none of those things. The citizens are very poorly educated and have minimal skill sets beyond military service and subsistence farming. Much of the nation's industry is obsolete and there is very little infrastructure. Media is completely state controlled and all news is propaganda. Modernization of North Korea is a pretty daunting task, they're many decades behind their neighbors and extremely poor. East Germany wasn't very far behind or unusually poor when reunification occurred.
>>
the nukes are not for you, they are for us
>>
>>77349252
>The citizens are very poorly educated
Eh? I'm fairly sure that the literacy rate in North Korea is about 100%, you can't read propaganda if you're illiterate.
>>
>>77349412
Most everyone has at least a basic education, yes, but it's worthless in the outside world. North Korea's industry, medical services, and infrastructure rely on 1950s-60s Soviet technology, it's horribly outdated and primitive. They do well with what they have, for example doctors can use a glass soda bottle for an IV, but what good does that particular skill do in a modern First World hospital? Only the cyberhacking guys have modern computer skills.
>>
The thing you must understand is that the regime's primary goal is to keep the Kim family in power, it's not a collective leadership like China or the USSR. Although China has suggested numerous times that Pyongyang copy their "reform" communism, they've always resisted because the regime is such that it cannot survive any significant structural alteration. The regime hasn't forgotten that glasnost led to the rapid unraveling of the USSR, or that Qadaffi was overthrown after agreeing to give up his WMD program.

Most communist cunts always operated on plausible deniability, for example Moscow always said "The Americans are wealthier than us, yes, but their system is greedy and unequal, in the USSR everyone has equal opportunity." China has maintained that Western democracy is not suitable for Chinese people. This doesn't work in North Korea because the gap in quality of life vis-a-vis the South has become so great since the 1980s.

Andrei Lankov said that the DPRK will eventually fall as all dictatorships do, although it could be 100 years from now for all anyone knows.
>>
>>77349936
And also keeping China out of the place. If the regime fell, it's most likely that the Chinese would simply occupy North Korea and set up a satellite government completely under their control, which they've wanted to do since the 50s but the Norks are too nationalistic for that. Contrary to what some people think, there's never been a real friendship between Beijing and Pyongyang, at best a business partnership.
>>
Even so, absorbing the DDR cost Germany an enormous sum of money and it's still lagging behind in terms of poverty, employment figures, education levels, etc.
>>
>>77349529
You underestimate how quickly that shit can be taught as long as people are used to living in a society with some semblance of order. North Korea isn't as badly off as South Korea was before it started to modernize, and for a time people even thought North Korea was outpacing the South. South Korea was literally as poor as the poorest African countries, and North Korea is definitely better off than that right now, despite residual contrary impressions of the country after the 90s famines. They're already over the hardest part, which is getting people used to stability.
>>
>>77350252
A lot of people in 1990 were nervous about German reunification because the memory of WWII was strong and the fear of a unified Germany returning to its evil ways was very great. In the end of course these fears proved pretty silly because like you said, the DDR has simply been a net drain on the country and not "strengthened" it at all.
>>
>>77350478
The per capita figures might be lower, but its total national material power is much greater now than it would have been if the east hadn't joined the west. The fears proved silly because Germany hasn't returned to its pre-War aggressive foreign policy, not because of the reason you stated - that is, "the DDR has simply been a net drain on the country".
>>
>>77350478
And they were right. Germany is in the process of destroying Europe for a third time by forcing the mass importation of refugees.
>>
>>77350691
>implying that we'd make the same mistakes that the germans made
>>
The propaganda that goes on in North Korea is lunatic-tier, vastly greater than anything one encountered in the Soviet bloc. They're literally told that the Kim family are semi-divine beings with the ability to control the weather and shit like that.
>>
>>77350797
Indeed, there are Soviet diplomatic cables from the 50s describing the excesses of Kim Il Sung's personality cult and blaming it on the political inexperience of the KWP and the lack of cadres, as well as the Korean tradition of a god emperor. There never really was a "normal" communist government with a collective leadership after the mid-50s. Some KWP members who opposed Kim tried to overthrow him in 1956 when he was out of the country and he came back and purged all of them. From then onward, there was just a one-man dictatorship with the KWP being strictly ornamental.
>>
>>77350797
I know Americans have a tendency to make mythical monstrosities of their foreign policy threats, but why do you assume that they actually believe those things? Did you know that South Korea gets tons of North Korean refugees on a yearly basis?
Most everyday Russians didn't believe Soviet propaganda either, and it was treated as a joke if anything. The difference is that the North Korean government will throw you in jail if Norks do the same, but greater degrees of coercion isn't going to suddenly make people believe stories that are even more ludicrous.
>>
>>77351024
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/girl-drowns-saving-kim-portrait/news-story/48168451f6162d3a5f031432c44bc002

Wanna bet?
>>
>>77351116
1. How can you verify the veracity of that story? Did the Daily Telegraph interview the people present with protection of anonymity? Any "everyday story" that comes out of North Korea is going to be controlled by the government. Media sources even in the West shape the narrative of news stories and here you are believing news coming out of North Korea. You're more gullible than your mental construction of North Koreans.
2. Even if the story is as reported, why take it as representative of the population at large? This is one individual. In contrast, well over one thousand refugees escape to South Korea on a yearly basis, and these are just the ones who manage to escape.
>>
File: trash.jpg (97KB, 1000x726px)
trash.jpg
97KB, 1000x726px
>>77351024
>I know Americans have a tendency to make mythical monstrosities of their foreign policy threats
>>
>>77351466
>>77351024
This must be that legendary leafposting I've heard so much about.
>>
File: IMG_2546.jpg (76KB, 576x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2546.jpg
76KB, 576x759px
>>77348692
Yeah unfortunately fat chance of him actually getting the jail time he deserves

Pic related
>>
>>77349936
>>77350113
North Korea's goal is victory.
>>
>>77351884
>deleting your posts on an anonymous website
pathetic
>>
>>77352090
What happened?
>>
File: here.png (64KB, 539x474px) Image search: [Google]
here.png
64KB, 539x474px
>>77352128
>>
>>77352158
For what reason?
>>
File: 1390302703526.jpg (66KB, 500x558px)
1390302703526.jpg
66KB, 500x558px
>>77351891
Honestly no, the amerifat is correct.

The regimes primary goal is to keep finding ways to legitimize the Kim family's heriditary succession.

Acting all big and conducting several missile tests for the world to see is a part of their strategy
>>
>>77351852
I'll translate.
the text on the sign roughly says:
>Disbanding of the National Intelligence Service
>Restoration of Democracy
is what the sign says.
>>
>>77352277
basically implying that the disbanding of the National Intelligence Service will restore our democracy(?) somehow
>>
>>77345899
>koreans
>friends with pakistanis

does this happen? how do you even meet them?
>>
>>77352436
How so?
Were the Korean intelligence service involved in the Park Gyen Hye case?
>>
>>77345861
tppi
>>
>>77352586
Basically in Korea all public institutions and government bodies with the exception of the National Assembly and maybe the Ministry for Women and Families are full of overwhelmingly conservative-leaning people

So naturally Moon wants to clip the intelligence service's wings since it has a lot of power and is full of his enemies
>>
>>77349936
CCP General Secretary Hu Yaobang visited Pyongyang in 1984 (so prior to glasnost) and tried unsuccessfully to sell Kim Il Sung on economic reforms and opening up to the outside world. The fall of the Soviet Union probably just strengthened their earlier convictions.
>>
>>77352481
>2017
>browse /int/
>don't hold citizenship in at least two countries

I'm Paki but I also happen to be an American. Lots of Koreans live in my American hometown. The "Kims" had two rows in my high school yearbook.

There basically aren't any Koreans in Pakistan though, lots of Chinese tho, saw at least 10 when I went for lunch today.
>>
>>77352954
The first official overseas trip that Kim Jong Il made after being named his father's successor was a visit to China in 1983. He was taken on a tour of the Special Economic Zone in Guangzhou, but wasn't impressed and just referred to the Chinese as "revisionists". Kim Il Sung in the late 80s stated that "Gorbachevism is the most dangerous form of modern revisionism." Overall, the DPRK's isolation from the outside world increased during the 80s as the communist world increasingly distanced themselves from Pyongyang and US policy in Korea under Reagan became more aggressive.
>>
>>77353038
>Leaving America to go live in Pakistan

wew lad, that Trump presidency really has ruined America huh
>>
>>77352221
I don't believe their ultimate intention is to start a war anyway, they have to know that if they fire missiles at Japan or South Korea, that Pyongyang will be wiped off the map in a couple of button presses. No, their real goal (at least since the end of the Cold War) is merely to preserve the Kim family and their Mafia state. In order to do that, they'll make periodic threats so all of their neighbors and the US give in and give them money/food/fuel to keep the regime going another six months.
>>
>>77350113
>Contrary to what some people think, there's never been a real friendship between Beijing and Pyongyang, at best a business partnership

This is true, Sino-DPRK relations haven't always been friendly and in fact often have been abusive. Chinese history books speak of the Korean War mainly in terms of defending their border against US imperialism, while largely ignoring North Korea. In fact during the war the PVA quickly assumed overall command and the North Koreans were removed from any active decision-making. Mao Zedong and other Chinese leaders called Kim Il Sung an incompetent idiot. After the war, Chinese troops remained in North Korea and they were often abusive of the locals, there were reports of thefts and rapes. Kim lodged a formal complaint which led to the removal of the last Chinese from the country in 1958.

Young people on the Chinese Internet make fun of North Korea, saying that it "looks like China in the 70s" and complain at how they refuse to acknowledge the sacrifice of almost 1 million Chinese in the Korean War (it's made to seem as if Kim Il Sung personally defeated the imperialist invaders).
>>
>I don't believe their ultimate intention is to start a war anyway, they have to know that if they fire missiles at Japan or South Korea, that Pyongyang will be wiped off the map in a couple of button presses.
Obviously this.

However my understanding is that they aren't making threats to the outside world for money/food/fuel. It doesn't really make any sense, since they get sanctioned a lot and conducting any more tests won't stop the sanctions.

I believe they are doing stuff like the missile tests to maintain internal stability in the country 2bh. It's a common perception that Kim Jong Un (and that Kim Jong Il was, aswell) is a much less popular as a leader than Kim Il Sung was. By continuing to do military related tests and by continuing to ''communicate'' to the western society by doing these tests while also posting lots of lots of propaganda online in various languages besides Korean, the NK regime has successfully been able to get the rest of the world to ‘’accept’’ that Kim Jong Un is the leader of North Korea. Kim can use this in internal NK politics to appear as man feared by the west, and thus gaining more credibility between general North Koreans while also defending his position as successor.
>>
>>77353376
Nah I go back and forth a lot. I have a really tight family. I'll be back in the States soon enough.

I don't think Trump will actually do anything tbqh, unless some big terror attack happens I'll be fine. I hardly experience racism in America, most of it was just playful like my classmates calling me a sandnigger and whatnot. But even if Trump goes full 14/88 (he won't) my life in Pakistan is pretty great. Living with my aunt atm, she's loaded we live in practically a miniature mansion.
>>
>>77353885
This is true, it has been claimed that while many North Koreans still love Kim Il Sung, the younger Kims are fall less popular. One piece of evidence for this is that the regime reportedly had a difficult time deciding on whether to embalm Kim Jong Il's body and place it on display next to the elder Kim, they may have had some self-consciousness about his unpopularity and perhaps also how he was the butt of jokes in Western media.
>>
>>77353830
China tried to coup Kim Jong Un and replace him with his uncle, who was reportedly a Chinese operative and the plan being to install a regime that was completely obedient to Beijing. Of course it failed and his uncle was (literally) fed to dogs.
>>
>>77353409
this

Imagine if Kim actually even won a war and conquered south korea. He'd have 40 million people who don't believe a world of his bullshit under his belt who sure as shit would cause him problem upon problem. why would he want that at all when he can just settle for the 25 million he's already got relatively stress-free?

the nukes and war threats are just a way to make sure no one fucks with him.
>>
>>77354636
>his uncle was (literally) fed to dogs
not true. this was based on chinese satirical news.

he was mostly likely just tortured and shot a few times.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.