[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Abu from bambamstan just came to america. He got his american

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

So... Abu from bambamstan just came to america. He got his american passport. Is Abu american?
What you need to do to call yourself an american and not get weird looks from people?
Imagine me coming to america and saying with my best russian accent that i'm american. Will people laugh at me?
Thank you.
>>
File: 2Y3hGl7.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2Y3hGl7.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>77338552
If you can appreciate a good burger, I'd say we're willing to consider you one of us.

Also, people think Russians accents are cool here
>>
>>77338717
>f you can appreciate a good burger, I'd say we're willing to consider you one of us.
So it takes no effort to become an american in the eyes of americans? I just need to love hamburgers?
>>
>>77338849
America was founded by immigrants and most people don't care as long as you speak English and are polite
>>
>>77338552
If you obtain legal residency and integrate, you'll be American.
>>
>>77338552
Whites only please.
>>
>>77339349
>If you obtain legal residency
that's the most difficult part to be honest. basically unachievable for an ordinary russian person these days
>>
>>77338849
The liberals might not like you though.
>>
>>77339887
They aren't Americans
>>
>>77338717
lolll american identity is based upon what you consume

is there anything more degenerate?
>>
>>77338552
Many mexicans dont even speak english, anyone can be American.
>>
>>77340348
If you anchor baby a woman bam free citizenship.
>>
>>77338552
>What you need to do to call yourself an american
Citizenship
>and not get weird looks from people?
Will never happen
>Imagine me coming to america and saying with my best russian accent that i'm american. Will people laugh at me?
Yes, because your just visiting.
>>
>>77340348
Press 2 for english, press 3 for creole, press 4 for russian
>>
>>77338552
A Russian accent would make you sound more like an American.
>>
>>77340236
It's not about the burger, they just don't really care where you come from. To them the openness is part of the American identity, it's like a values thing. "If you're a hard worker with a can-do spirit then you're as American as I, brother"
>>
If you're a legal citizen and uphold the values of our founding fathers and the constitution, you're an American. The greatest country on Earth baby.
>>
>>77338552
>Is Abu american?
Depends on if he's a shitcunt. Most Ayyrabs end up as taxi drivers in NYC or engineers so most people won't have a problem with him
>>
>>77338552
Everyone who is a citizen is an American. The nationality is linked to the citizenship and a shared set of ideals like the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
That's what makes the new world so different from Europe and Asia. Your cultural and genetic origin is only seen as something interesting to talk about, it doesn't determine whether you belong to the country or not.
I like the concept a lot, but it would never work here.
>>
>>77341765
>I like the concept a lot, but it would never work here.
And as an American, I think that European countries should hold on to those cultural and ethnic foundations of their nations. The states of Europe have evolved ethnicities that have been intrinsically linked to their nations and abandoning that seems wrong to me. The United States is an anomaly for sure, and it's the best country on the planet, but that doesn't mean every country should attempt to replicate it when they have old ethnic identities.
>>
>>77339520
It's basically impossible to make a decent living if you're working under the table. You need an SSN and that's only possible if you're here legally.
>>
>>77338552
Why Abu banned all non-russia posters?
>>
File: 7-surfthetrain.jpg (61KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
7-surfthetrain.jpg
61KB, 528x396px
>>77340638
>>
>all the civic nationalists in this thread
I guess it's hard to protect a heritage that doesn't exist :^)
>>
>>77338552
>What you need to do to call yourself an american and not get weird looks from people?

Have American citizenship. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>77340348
If they can't speak English then they aren't Americans. Merely Mexicans living in America.

You have to assimilate with the culture if you want to be considered part of it
>>
>>77345366
Really?
>>
>>77347353
No you don't, you just have to have citizenship my family can't speak English and yet we vote every election, pay our taxes, and follow the laws. Much better than most "Americans" who were born here and collect tax credits off of their "farm" land
>>
>>77338552
>What you need to do to call yourself an american and not get weird looks from people?

This is a hard question, even a philosophical one. I can't answer it.

But ask yourself the same question for your country. What makes you Russian? Being born in Russia? Speak Russian? Following Russian traditions? All of that together? And if it is all together, if you fail at one, do you stop being Russian?

Legally. Getting the nationality is enough to call yourself which ever nationality you get, but to "do not get weird looks from people" you would need to born again.

Now, America is truly a melting pot, so walking out in New York or Los Angeles won't get you any weird looks at all.
>>
>>77347460
Then conform to our culture and our collective set of values, understandings and history, the foundations of which are in the English tongue. You can do all those things and be a great citizen of the United States, but until you decide to walk, talk, and think like an American, you are nothing more than a foreigner living on our soil.
>>
>>77347511
I like you
>>
>>77347537
No sweetie, the only thing that makes a person American is the passport you carry when you go abroad. I don't have to speak English because I know it's not a requirement to do any civil duty in this country. Also your "traditions" aren't actual traditions but mere excuses to get drunk
>>
>>77347600
>Sweetie
And I was almost hoping for a legitimate conversation about American culture and naturalization. Damn.
>>
>>77347665
I wasn't gonna give that to trash like yourself
>>
>>77347692
It's okay Paco, I'd be Irrational and petty too if I had to worry about my criminal parents getting deported.
>>
>>77347784
Whatever you say Cleatus keep sucking the teat of the Department of Agriculture. Maybe you'll actually get that farm started one day
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.