[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2 017/jul/18/switzerland-p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/18/switzerland-puzzles-over-citizenship-test-after-lifelong-resident-fails

Isn't the whole point of citizenship to welcome someone into the community? If the community don't want them then they should fuck off. Naturalisation shouldn't be considered a right.
>>
>The jury criticised Yilmaz for displaying “gaps” in her knowledge of the municipal recycling system and for not being able to name any local shops other than chain supermarkets such as Aldi.
>Another complaint centred around her unfamiliarity with “typical Swiss sports”, such as Hornussen, an indigenous cross between baseball and golf, or Schwingen, a style of folk wrestling. Yilmaz had named skiing as a typical Swiss sport. “One could have a very long debate about what is typical and traditional,” she wrote in a letter complaining about her rejection.
what the fuck?
>>
>>77330792
I also don't understand how she knows no local shops. Not engaged, not worthy of citizenship.
>>
>>77330909
its about time that the citizenship=nationality meme ends
>>
>>77330909
Aldi is just cheaper so she goes there. Isn't wanting to save money a typically Swiss trait?
>>
>>77331329
The average salary there is 7000 US, they don't need to save
>>
>>77330759
It's their country so only swiss decide who goes in
>>77331347
They are the biggest jews on the planet. I see that they buy shit from aliexpress constantly.
>>
>>77331347
>they don't need to save
Well needing and doing are different things m8.

We have a famous saying in English "A fool and his money are soon parted"
>>
>>77331347
>The average salary there is 7000 US, they don't need to save

and the average house costs like a million USD.
the median wealth of Swiss is even lower than in Italy or France
>>
>>77331347
Swiss cities and cost of living are the most expensive to live in the world, even more expensive than tokyo and New York
>>
>>77330759
Did you read how arbitrary it was at all?
>>
How can you be too boring for fucking Switzerland
>>
>>77331545
Arbitrary is good. If it is simply laid out it can be gamed by those who know fuck all else except the test.
>>
>>77331452
Not true, the median wealth in Switzerland is $244k, versus $99k for France and $104k for France (which is already high, much more than Germany or USA).

>source nigga?
Credit Suisse Global Wealth Databook 2016.
>>
>>77331620
>and $104k for Italy*

And actually there's not one country where the median wealth is higher than in Switzerland.
>>
File: 20170407_160747.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_160747.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>77330759

Switzerland is one of the best countries in Europe, along with Germany, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
>>
>>77331727
Most of these are rich but frozen and boring.

>Finland
wat lol
>>
>>77331762

France is one of the worst countries that I have visited, along with Ireland.

Imho, Estonia is 5x better than France.

Also, those countries are not boring at all, the only bad thing they have is their food and muslims.
>>
>>77330759

Good she's a "lifelong" citizen but doesn't know the first thing about the area besides where other ragheads conjugate
>>
File: Test1.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg (159KB, 920x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Test1.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg
159KB, 920x1334px
>>77331607

Because you cam make autistic question and answer to deliberately fuck up a person.

In America they made tests designed to exclude Blacks from voting in the South because the answer is completely open to interpretation
>>
File: Test2.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg (140KB, 920x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Test2.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg
140KB, 920x1259px
>>77332175
>>
File: Test3.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg (102KB, 920x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Test3.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg
102KB, 920x1256px
>>77332184
>>
>>77331762

It is infinitely better to reside in a rich, frozen, boring part of a powerful large country, than to reside in any other country which is poor, small, otherwise irrelevant, or "interesting" for whatever unfortunate reason.

Swiss citizenship is comparatively unenviable exactly due to the smallness and curiosity of the country. Good on them for the guns and Giger though.

t. Minnesotan
>>
>>77332175
Yes, but for citizenship it's completely OK to try to fuck them up
>>
>>77332175
>>77332184
>>77332198

I don't think that the average american can pass this test.
>>
>>77332335
Is drawing a line around a word different than drawing a circle around it?
>>
>>77332247
There are countries in Europe that are richer (except for Switzerland), and not frozen and boring.

>>77331939
Nice blog.
>>
>>77332441

Don't think so.
>>
>>77332441
Yes.
>>
>>77332495

something I did not emphasize: living in colder countries is better than living in warmer countries. It is not desirable, among right-thinking people, to live in a warmer country. Most people are not right-thinking.

What does it mean for a country to be rich? Perhaps you are thinking of "per capita wealth" or something else so uncreative? Percentages. Yes, in this way, a small, irrelevant country is thereby rescued.
>>
>>77332690
>living in colder countries is better than living in warmer countries
Highly subjective, also depends on your race.

>right-thinking people
Looks like a good meme.

>What does it mean for a country to be rich?
I could have given an answer if you didn't try to meme "relevance" into a discussion about wealth.
>>
>>77332814
>Highly subjective, also depends on your race.
Hahaha, hahaha.

No m8 its not 30,000BC humans use tools and clothing so you, yes you! whether you are a native frenchman or someone of more recent import can live comfortable in climates ranging from the icy wastes of the Norway to the humid tropics of Singapore.
>>
>>77333306
Needing tools to live comfortably is not really living comfortably.
>>
>>77332690
>something I did not emphasize: living in colder countries is better than living in warmer countries. It is not desirable, among right-thinking people, to live in a warmer country. Most people are not right-thinking.

Total bullshit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.