[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Scandinavian language should I learn, if I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: illust_46162540_20170716_231225.png (2MB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
illust_46162540_20170716_231225.png
2MB, 1600x1063px
Which Scandinavian language should I learn, if I want to make a lot of friends?
>>
none they are all autistic retards
>>
>>77258694
greenlandic
>>
>>77258694
i want to live in japan so bad
>>
arabic seems like a nice choice
>>
>>77258694
Arabic
>>
>>77258703
Perfect.
>>
>>77258694
>scandinavian language
>making friends
>>
>>77258883
;_;

I guess I'll stick to Japanese then, they're always happy to talk to me on twitter.
>>
File: Unknown-13.jpg (6KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-13.jpg
6KB, 273x184px
>>77258778
>>
>>77258694
Swedish, then you can talk to most of them, including Funland.

Or just English.
>>
>>77258694
This Norwegian linguist claims that English is already a Scandinavian language.
>2012
Does that matter?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121127094111.htm
>>
>>77259063
>>77259090
Hmm, interesting. Still, it's not as fun to talk to foreign people in English.
>>
>>77259141
The Benelux has as many people as entire Scandinavia.
It's better to learn something like German. The most spoken native language in Europe. Then the odds of meeting someone to befriend are a lot larger.
>>
>>77258694

Swedish is the easiest one imo, you can continue with Norwegian, then Danish.
>>
>>77259090
>>77259141

You still have to speak the local language fluently if you want to get a job there. Even if you are just going to talk with fucking servers and/or networks as a Server Admin or Network Engineer.
>>
>>77259169
I studied German for 4 years and lived in BW for 9 months. German opens the door for Dutch and the Scandinavian langauges. I can pretty much read and understand Dutch without ever studying...same goes for Danish and Swedish. Once you get the annoying adjective endings down, it's cash.
>>
>>77259244
You lived in a black woman?
>>
>>77259235
>fluently if you want to get a job
Of course, but that takes years. This is my recommendation for anyone wanting to speak any language. Work in a pub doing shit jobs like cleaning glasses or orders. I went from A1 to B2 in about a month from dealing with bar clients a few nights a week. Why? because it forces you to think on the fly. Mine was an Irish pub ran by an English Man. I spoke English to the staff and German with everyone else. Helped so much.
>>77259297
Ha...hahaha kek! Baden-Württemberg.
>>
>>77259323

I know, but I really prefer my job in Mexico than a bartender in Sweden.
>>
Swedish. Helps understanding Norwegian too, and Swedish Finns are less introvert than Finnish speaking ones.

Forget Danish though, undskyld Dänmag :D
>>
>>77259244
Understanding Danish and Swedish without studying, just because you studied German?
I wonder whether you're just lying now. Dutch is pretty similar to German, but Swedish and Danish is too different to understand without studying those languages. Different words, different grammar, different syntax of sentences.
>>
>>77259244
It's true that Scandinavian languages and german share a lot of the same sounds, but I find it extremely hard to believe you could understand any of them without studying it. We have a few shared words here and there, but it's not like Scandinavians can understand german or vise versa. Calling bullshit on that one.
>>
>>77258703
This.

Go to a Scandinavian country and just randomly strike up a conversation with a stranger, they will sperg the fuck out.
>>
>>77258694
Danish
>>
>>77266761
BTW, I say Danish because what you want is to make friends and the Danish are the only actual social Scandinavians.

t. I lived in Sweden and Denmark, and meet -lived with- people who lived in Norway
>>
>>77266761
>>77266954
danish is an ugly mongrel language, you shouldn't learn it unless you hate yourself and wish to make people around you throw up in disgust.
>>
>>77267459
gezellig
>>
>>77258694
Probably Denmark, but you're asking a really bad question. It's like asking which Pacific island nation is the least obese, which Arab country is the least inbred, or which Balkan country isn't a violent shithole.

You're splitting hairs at that point
>>
>>77259169
>befriending a g*rman
i'd rather befriend swamp germans and learn dutch than deal with those weirdos
>>
>>77267459
I have never met a Danish person that would speak like that about their language.
Also, my suggestion was based on social skills and interaction, not on your or my personal aesthetic opinion on the language.
>>
>>77269846
Danish people and the rest of the Scandinavians are VERY different when it comes down to socializing.
>>
>>77259244
haha ej trukje d e så lett
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.