[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your subnational unit, do people vote for a different party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170715-115831_01.png (507KB, 682x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170715-115831_01.png
507KB, 682x1163px
In your subnational unit, do people vote for a different party at the local level than they do at a national level?

In my state, our entire congressional delegation is Democratic, and voters picked the Democratic candidate for president. But the governor, state Senate and house, are all controlled by the Republicans.

In fact, all of Northern New England voted Hillary in 2016 and also elected republican governors.

Is this common?
>>
No, everyone is in on the heist in this dictatorship
>>
Our states are using a parliamentary system, so the governor is always representing the majority of the state chamber. There are states with certain tendencies except for Bavaria for a brief period pretty much any flip has happened at some point.

Though the current coalition government doesn't have a majority in the senate(which are direct representatives of state governments, not elected). They are ruled by different coalition governments.
>>
>>77200657
Would you get executed for your 4chan posts if authorities found out? Does your country even have authorities?
>>
I'm seething that Hassan won, but the governor has done awesome so far.
>>
>>77200954
You see the current national government coalition is only represented in 2 states out of 16, and only in a single one if you consider the major/minor coalition partner dynamic.
>>
>>77200954
>>77201066
The Bundesrat is just a mess.
>>
>>77200978
I insult them on facebook regularly with fake accounts, they're as incompetent as they are corrupt
>>
>>77201096
>I insult them on facebook regularly with fake accounts, they're as incompetent as they are corrupt

T. Sudanon, moments before being executed
>>
>>77200597
In our system, which is shared by many, we don't vote for the prime minister (president) or premier (governor) directly, unless you happen to live in their riding. We vote for an MLA (member of the legislative assembly) or a federal MP (member of parliment). The federal parties are Tory, Bloc Québecois, Greens, NDP, and Liberal. There are other provincial level parties that sometimes win a seat here and there at the provincial level. Anyway, whichever party has the most singular votes at the end of the election usually forms a government in Her Majesty's name. The premier or prime minister is whoever happened to be head of that party at the time.

So for example, unless you live in Papineau, you never saw Trudeau's name on a ballot. You simply elected your local MP. At the end more liberal MPs were voted in than Green, NDP, Tory, or BlocQ, so the liberals formed a government and their leader, Justin Trudeau became PM.

It would be possible to have your province go liberal in a federal election but tory or NDP in a provincial election, it recently happened in BC I think, but this is very rare.
>>
>>77201152
They deserve to know how pathetic they are, and I'll just plead insanity if they physically trace me
>>
>>77200954
General geographic tendencies are: center-left parties are doing better in the protestant north, in the city states and in the Rust belt of Western Germany(though the most major industrialist socdem stronghold flipped this year).

Conservatives are doing better in the Catholic south and rural states(though the greens are governing a major South German state right since they changed quite a lot politically).

Hard left parties are stronger in the former GDR where they even hold a governor spot and even rival the two major parties in votes.
>>
>>77201207
Why do you have different parties on provincial and national level?
>>
>>77201479
You almost never do, but sometimes someone who is basically an unafilliated independent candidate can get enough signatures and money in their riding (district) to form a meme party and subsequently enough votes for a seat. These include nonsense like the communist party, the marijuana party, etc.
They don't generally have enough support to form a legitimate federal party
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.