[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Burma >Liberia >USA. What unites these 3 third wo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ThirdWorld.png (218KB, 1100x739px) Image search: [Google]
ThirdWorld.png
218KB, 1100x739px
>Burma
>Liberia
>USA.

What unites these 3 third world countries?

They are mentally incapable of using the metric system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpwa0je6_Y
>>
I'm from Burma, we use metric system and our own, our roads are in kilometers. I'm fact I only learned the metric system

Fucking outdated map
>>
>They are mentally incapable of using the metric system.

Isn't the usual metric booster line that it's real simple and easy? Can Europeans not remember numbers that are not divisible by ten?
>>
>>77184547
>Lets use an overly complicated system for no fucking reason
>>
>>77184275
>ThirdWorld.png

Yes, the world's foremost superpower, economy and military is the Third World.

We need to be more like First World Latin America, Africa and the Middle East, and use the metric system.
>>
>>77184275
why do you call him metric system instead of international system?
>>
>>77184595
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
"Foremost economy"
>>
>>77184587
And count with ours feets!
>>
>>77184275
If we're on that map, UK has to be as well.
>>
>>77184595
The US certainly has little pockets of 3rd world inside it.
>>
Metric blows chunks.
>>
Anglo speaking countries spaz out and try to use metric the least they can since its a French sustem
>>
Wasn't Burma under English rule for a while? Why would they not change?
>>
>>77186797
First of all, only one (arguably one and a half) of those countries is "Anglo". Second, neither system is really derived from any one country, and it's typical French insecurity to read some kind of national contest into it. Some of the earliest metric systems were in English-speaking countries and many of the most common imperial units come originally from France.
>>
>>77186797
Umm no. We use nothing but metric here. New Zealand's the same and I'm fairly sure imperial is dying out in the UK
>>
>>77185268
no
>>
Liberia uses imperial units because they were founded by Americans.
>>
>>77184547
Fun fact: the system you use in America is based on a kilogram weight, then changed into pounds. Without realising it, your system of measuring weight is actually based on the metric system.
One of the very weights used for calibration is even housed within the USA.

Interesting, no?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.