[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to learn German over the summer, so I figured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bigcat.jpg (36KB, 660x493px) Image search: [Google]
bigcat.jpg
36KB, 660x493px
I'm trying to learn German over the summer, so I figured I'd watch some movies to help immerse myself.
What would be more helpful - watching movies in English subbed in German, or watching a movie in German subbed in English?
>>
Die welle (the wave)
>>
None of these options will do it

Try reading a random german book while memorizing german declension charts instead
>>
>>77168139

>while

DONT listen to the hue monkey lad, he hasn't even learned English properly.
>>
>>77168139
I have a parallel text of The Metamorphosis I'm working through too, as well as a German Grammar book that I'm trying to do at least an hour a day on.
It's just slow going, and I figure if I'm going to kick back and relax after some studying, I might as well absorb some extra info.
>>
>>77168048
Try German cartoons to keep it simple for a start. Decide for yourself if subbed or not depending on how much you understand already.
>>
>>77168048
I discovered this when learning Spanish
https://www.planet-schule.de/wissenspool/extra/inhalt/extra-deutsch.html
for every episode you have a pdf with the text (can't guarantee they have perfect spelling if i understood correct this was made by the English). It is for language learners. The story is that a dude from the USA comes to Germany and lives at the place of a former penpal and they try to help him fit in.
>>
>>77168048
Don't learn g*rman based anglo.
G*rman is disgusting.
Wish I could be anglo masterrace
>>
Watch movies/series you know very well in german with english subs,its the best way to also get a sense for the vocal aspect of the language.
>>
>>77173917
merhaba Ismet abi
>>
>>77168048
If you're a beginner, watch German films with English subs so you can become familiar with the sound of language. Watching English films with subs in your target language is a meme in my opinion; you won't learn anything unless you write down the sentences and unfamiliar vocabulary. Even then, trying to learn a language just by reading subs is incredibly ineffective. If you really want to learn, watch German films with English subs and then become proficient enough in the language that you can watch stuff in German with German subtitles. Someone linked the show "Extra" and I suggest taking up their recommendation. The language in "Extra" is nothing advanced, so you should be able to understand the German version with German subs once you reach an intermediate level. If there's anything you don't understand, write it down and look it up afterward. With time, you'll begin to understand the spoken language and you'll come to a point where you'll no longer need subtitles.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.