[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that public suicides used to be a thing in Finl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 14768979679678.png (261KB, 506x450px) Image search: [Google]
14768979679678.png
261KB, 506x450px
Did you know that public suicides used to be a thing in Finland still in the 90s?

People would come from far and wide to celebrate the poor bastards wanting to end their lives as suicide used to be highly relateable act in Finland, because almost everyone knew someone who had killed themselves. Celebrating the act with public festival is a way of dealing with these sad things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgTczRiq7sA

Vid related is some guy who wanted to kill himself by jumping into a river from 50m in a clown costume to take some of the morbidity out of the act.

Of course as Finland joined the EU in 95, public suicides were outlawed.
>>
Thats fucked up and Finland is fucked up
>>
File: finn3.jpg (148KB, 513x820px) Image search: [Google]
finn3.jpg
148KB, 513x820px
>>
>>77126596
KazyaKurosawaHace 2 años
He is a professional clowndiver and this was he's 50th birthday celebration jump and also finnish record. Wind cought he's suit and he landed on he's side. He didn't die. That quick clip of the man at the end is after that accident and translated he says:"It only stinged once." He did spend three months in almost coma kind of state tough, Only has a half of the lungs for one permanent injury. Still jumps today tough.
>>
>>77126516
did he died?
>>
>>77126516

I would suicide too if I was a nordic
>>
>>77126516
>outlawed

so you better be succesful at it or else?
>>
I cant believe how barbaric we used to be...
>>
>>77127090
No, that you can't officially put up a public suicide festival anymore, they used to be sponsored by Alko, Apteekki, cigarette brands and some local unsafe car brands.

They are still going on in some rural areas though. I heard that 34 people killed themselves this year at tuska festival. A metal festival and tuska meaning pain.
>>
>>77127363
yeah nice story by I go with >>77126753

it still doesn't look very safe or professional
>>
File: comfy1.jpg (44KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
comfy1.jpg
44KB, 222x305px
>>77127363
yeah i was there :D
i died like 3 times :D
my friend lost his head but i glued it back on :D
>>
>>77126516
>guy who wanted to kill himself by jumping into a river from 50m

Did he fall on a spike?
>>
>>77127650
Not exactly, he landed on the long and pointy nose of a deep water jew
>>
>>77127650
>river
Vitun jutku ookko edes käyny Tampereella
>>
File: finnish traps.jpg (196KB, 1279x841px) Image search: [Google]
finnish traps.jpg
196KB, 1279x841px
>>77129179
Excuse me I don't speak Spurdo :DDDDDD
>>
Post some good music to kill yourself to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4HI1_LTWIk
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>Matti Myllymäki jumped from 50 meters high to water in Tampere, Finland. He did this jump for his 50th birthday in July, 2001

>finnish shitposting
weak
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.