[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most beautiful cities in the world? In my opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: 34650366364_4377ee05c1_k.jpg (846KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
34650366364_4377ee05c1_k.jpg
846KB, 2048x1366px
What are the most beautiful cities in the world? In my opinion Paris, Rome, Prague, Budapest and Vienna.
>>
mMmm, I wonder where you have traveled.
>>
Reykjavik seems to be very clean and well-organized.
>>
File: 35474140542_66be9a616c_k.jpg (864KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
35474140542_66be9a616c_k.jpg
864KB, 2048x1152px
>>77011855
rating by architecture
>>
>>77012108
Of the cities I visited, which is pretty much the capitals of west europe, plus prague, except for Paris. I liked Vienna the most.
>>
>>77011794
Of those I have visited, easily Rome. Smaller Italian cities arent as impressive so when it comes to small cities I'd say Germany.
>>
File: parisian.jpg (602KB, 800x1000px)
parisian.jpg
602KB, 800x1000px
>you'll never live as a struggling parisian artist in 1940's mon martre

feelsbadman
>>
>>77011794
Rome, Paris and Vienna in this order.

I really like monumental cities though, so i'm biased against cities such as Florence and Venice.
>>
>>77013349
Venice and Florence are absolutely beautiful but for me they are second tier compared to Paris and Rome
>>
>>77011794
I have never been to other continents, but the most beautiful cities in Europe would be Paris, Regensburg, Prague, Vienna, Zürich, Bern, Barcelona, Florence, Venice, Rome, Salzburg, Strassbourg, Colmar, Lille, Istanbul and Müllhouse to me.
>>
>>77012307
well your fellow sandnigger tribesmen are certainly ruining that.
>>
File: dfsfsqF.jpg (10KB, 275x183px)
dfsfsqF.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>77013349
Solo Parigi è degna di Roma; solo Roma è degna di Parigi
Seule Paris est digne de Rome ; seule Rome est digne de Paris

I'm sure that a lot of wonderfull historical parts of other european cities have been erased because of ww2.
The result is that only Rome and Paris have kept their architectural treasures.
Bonus point for Rome because of richer history.
Vienna was really beautiful but too small.
>>
>>77015867
>I'm sure that a lot of wonderfull historical parts of other european cities have been erased because of ww2.
>The result is that only Rome and Paris have kept their architectural treasures.
It's not only that 2bh, in Germany there was never a hyper-centralised capital that was at the center of everything. Paris was at the center of the strongest(Before 1870 at least) European country, Rome was at the center of the Roman Empire first, of the Papal State and of Italy then. Such a status is indispensable for a city to become monumental like Paris and Rome.

That's why the only city that comes close is Vienna: it was the capital of the Habsburg Empir for centuries and de facto also of Germany.

The king was never too much fond of London as far as I know, while in Spain Madrid is relatively recent.
In Asia, the king, as in Britain, often preferred to isolate their residence and the capital often changed.

Also, Rome and Paris were the cultural capitals of Europe for relatively long periods.
>>
>>77011794

Most beautiful i have seen are Bruges and Amsterdam but if we consider villages and towns southern France has the most comfy
>>
>>77015867
Rome was better off under Papal rule considering how bad the quality of buildings which are constructed these days is. It seems like nothing beautiful has been built since the Italian annexation. The whole city used to be the capital of the Christian spiritual world, but now it's the capital of just another Mediterrean country. The buildings are maintained by fashion companies instead of millions of Christians living all over the world. I don't want to be rude, but the whole city deserves better.
>>
>>77018498
Ahem
>>
>>77016325
Bruges is a shithole
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.