[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your country worship any mortal as much as we Yanks worship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: georgewashington.jpg (34KB, 493x600px) Image search: [Google]
georgewashington.jpg
34KB, 493x600px
Does your country worship any mortal as much as we Yanks worship George Washington?
>>
I live on george washingtons estate, literally a few blocks away from the standing structure where he lived. I wasn't under the impression that anyone worshipped him. people visit the gift shop around here and take pictures just like any other tourist attraction.
>>
what is he famous for?
>>
>>76961099
the dollar bill
>>
>>76960609
Yes, Charles De Gaulle.

We were losing Algeria, politicians wanted to give it up, acknowledging it was a trend in history. But the Army didn't want, so we were very near a military coup.

De Gaulle was military, but not as obsessive as the others. He became President of the Council, then President of the Republic, promising he would defeat Algeria's independists.

But then he realised it wasn't working, so he gave up Algeria. There wasn't a military coup because the military respected his decision, and he had the authority, promising to sentence to death any general that would disagree. (there were assassination attempts though, like the one remembered as the "Petit Clamard")

So yeah he saved our ass, maintained democracy while we could have had a Franco or Hitler. But he's quite over-rated. Just a new Napoleon. I think we should worship Robespierre more (there's not a single Robespierre street in Paris, while De Gaulle has the biggest turnabout in posh districts), because Robespierre was about fair chance and equal opportunities, while De Gaulle was about national pride, sovereignty and authority.
>>
>>76961099
He made the USA by gaining independence from the Queen of England. Or so was I told.
>>
>>76961037
Pic is the apotheosis of Washington from the US Capitol. It literally depicts Washington's ascension to the pantheon of gods.
>>
File: HS5rnnI.jpg (55KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
HS5rnnI.jpg
55KB, 680x598px
>>76961321
>Americans
>>
File: fotogaleriafamosos_152077.jpg (75KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
fotogaleriafamosos_152077.jpg
75KB, 800x447px
Of course
>>
>>76961152
King not Queen and it was actually the parliament he initially wanted rid of, not the monarchy.
>>
>>76961321
americans are dumb and don't even know that exists
>>
>>76961099
Throwing some tea in a harbor (destruction of someone else's property)
>>
>>76961417
Still, American myths about Washington are things like his inability to tell a lie.
Meanwhile Canada's first PM is remembered mostly for his legendary alcohol consumption.
>>
>>76961398
ok
wtf Queens, btw?
Was France ever ruled by a Queen?
>>
>>76961495
>Still, American myths about Washington are things like his inability to tell a lie
that's abraham lincoln, honest abe m8.
>>
Not really. People like Bismarck who were responsible for the unification of the German states are seen as the cunning and opportunist statesmen they actually were.
>>
>>76961321
This is NK tier.
>>
>>76961321
lel
funny how only dead people get worshipped
>>
>>76961099
>Russian education
>>
>>76961837
It's both actually.
>>
I guess Churchill or the Queen.
>>
>>76962890
The US has a ship named after Churchill
>>
>>76963493
Metro stations under the Champs-Élysées are Concorde, Clemenceau, Franklin D Roosevelt, George V, Charles de Gaulle
>>
>>76961629

>who are the de meici's
>>
File: metro-ligne-1.gif (131KB, 3000x650px) Image search: [Google]
metro-ligne-1.gif
131KB, 3000x650px
>>76963719
I beg your pardon?
>>
>>76963711

I flew from New York to Berlin, with a layover in Paris. When I landed in Charles de Gaulle airport (which does not seem to actually be in paris, but that's what I tell people), I was quite amused to see on google maps that we were on "Rue de New York".
>>
File: Vasily_Chapayev_001.jpg (61KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vasily_Chapayev_001.jpg
61KB, 330x500px
>>76960609
Remove borjuis, remove invaders. Install third international
>>
>>76963740

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_de%27_Medici

Queen of France for a period. Although more of a regeant.
>>
>>76963829
oh, didn't get it without the "d"
also we write Médicis here.
yeah, thought about it, but the Loi Salique wouldn't allow us to have a true Queen.
>>
Arguably our greatest historical zenith was under a queen, can't complain really.
>>
>>76961099
he invented america
>>
File: Carl_XVI_Gustaf_12_800x363.jpg (63KB, 800x363px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_XVI_Gustaf_12_800x363.jpg
63KB, 800x363px
If you don't worship based hat king you get put in jail
>>
Some liberal jew masonic faggot british puppet, who helped with the breaking apart of the Central American Federations.
>>
>>76961099
Inventor of the onion belt buckle.
>>
>>76964591
wtf?
>>
>>76963711
Thanks nice ally
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.