[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true European colleges don't have fraternities? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

Is it true European colleges don't have fraternities? Not even secret societes like Sphynx and Skull and bones?
>>
ew
>>
File: 1df.jpg (12KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1df.jpg
12KB, 600x576px
>>76923897
NORMIE GET OUT REEEEEREE
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>76923934
Robot get out REEEEEEE
>>
Frat boys are the most obnoxious people ever
>>
Freemasonry began in Europe so.....
>>
>>76926164
Did someone not get a bid?
>>
>>76923897
no, we don't.

What's the point anyways?
>>
Fraternal organization member reporting.
>>
>>76926424
What are they even like IRL? I only know them from movies
>>
>>76926520
Not him (but I am in a frat)

There is alot of partying, especially if you are in a top tier frat

We don't have frat houses, but our fraternies have home in town where we party.

Of course it's not all about partying, we do fundraisers, help out the community etc

Who SigPhiEp/ here?
>>
isnt that a bit autistic
>>
We have these
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burschenschaft
But they aren't big anymore since commies took over the University system in the 60s.
>>
I was in a frat during all my college years. I graduated this past may. It was an academic frat (chemistry) and we had an average GPA of 3.44 at the time of graduation. The typical frat you see in college movies (and in OP) are almost always plagued with charter suspensions from shit grades/too many arrests, underage teens (and not in a good way), and have a high dropout rate. They almost always have an awful reputation across the university and give frats a bad name.
>>
What is the point of party in University? Do that at pub or home. It should be focused solely on education and career.
>>
>>76926762
Goobers get out REEEE

>>76927093
many of my brothers are maintaining great grades.

We had 12 people in our house with a perfect 4.0 last semester

We have study groups as well
>>
File: negro the creator.png (54KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
negro the creator.png
54KB, 202x200px
>>76923897
No, it's something abstract like many american things. What's the goal of these things?

It wouldn't make sense on my uni.
We don't even have this american style "campus" where entire university with student accomodation is condensed into one place.
University buildings are all over the fucking city.
>>
>americans can only party in uni if they are in elitist clubs

true subhumans
>>
>>76927181
Fuck, americans are so fat
>>
>>76927206
They are just social groups that do community outreach, help each other out, and socialize together. The college movie fraternity is actually a minority and are just a trap for people who mostly dont graduate college anyways. America also has universities which are just kind of melded into cities but most rural, and even some urban, universities do tend to be consolidated. I guess our cities are more spread out or something I dont fucking know.
>>
>>76927235
>>76927223

why do you hate America? kek
>>
http://www.azfamily.com/story/24502600/asu-fraternity-suspended-after-offensive-mlk-party
>>
>>76927437

I don't know about you, but frankly I'm sick and tired of how minority groups are marginalized in today's society.
>>
>>76923897
>Is it true European colleges don't have fraternities?
No, and frankly I find these sorority/fraternity things kinda creepy, but maybe it's just me. Why do you even separate the genders?
>Not even secret societes like Sphynx and Skull and bones?
Elaborate.
>>
>>76927726
Spyhnx and skull and bones are super connected secret societies at Dartmouth and Yale respectively

If you're a member you're set

Bush was a bonesmen and he hired a shit ton of bonesmen in his administration
>>
>>76923897
>American """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""secret"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" societies
>everyone knows about

If they're secret they're supposed to be unknown to outsiders, Ameridumbo.
>>
>>76927726
Most (if not all) professional fraternities are coed.
Social ones are separated because the point is the brotherhood/sisterhood and it's hard to form those kinds of bonds with members of the opposite sex.
>>
>>76923897
most girls think frat boys are fucking dorky try hards here imo and everyone except freshmen avoid their shitty parties and watered down beer and go to bars like normal people.

some are alright and i have friends in a few, but its mostly true that they force their members to conform to a dumb stereotype and they come off as tools as a result.
>>
File: 1485924904770.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485924904770.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>76927935
>it's hard to form those kinds of bonds with members of the opposite sex
>>
>>76927861
So how does one join? Who founded these societies? What do they require of their members? And what do they do?

>>76927903
to be honest no secret society remains a secret forever.

>>76927935
>Social ones are separated because the point is the brotherhood/sisterhood and it's hard to form those kinds of bonds with members of the opposite sex.
I disagree. I also bet these places are filled with sodomites.
>>
>>76928300
You have to be an important figure on campus, you have to be tapped. You can't just join. No one knows what they do

Sphynx and S&B have the highest water bills at their temples and no one knows what goes inside, that's the secret.

Someone filmed a skull and bones ritual years ago from a tower and it was some creepy shit
>>
>>76928401
>have to be tapped.
What does that mean?
>Sphynx and S&B have the highest water bills at their temples and no one knows what goes inside, that's the secret.
I was expecting at least some missing students, maybe a few mutilated bodies. Highest water bills? That's the mystery? Oh boy. They probably just have lots of water fountains inside. Maybe even a pool.
And what do you mean temples? So the public has the knowledge where the societies regularly gather exactly?
>>
>>76928595
>Have to be tapped

A member has to contact the recruit in person when he's alone, usually at night

No one knows what the water bills are, and the temples are right in the open, everyone knows about them

Sphynx is a super old money WASP society

S&B members stole the skull of Geronimo from a grave and they hide it in their Temple

No one ry knows what goes on inside, but it is very occult like
>>
File: cabal.jpg (41KB, 625x245px) Image search: [Google]
cabal.jpg
41KB, 625x245px
>>76928832
>>
>>76928875
>>76928832
Creepy. They should be bombed.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.