[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the education system work in your country? What is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How does the education system work in your country? What is the compulsory age of leaving?
>>
look at those faggots behind her I wish I was one of them honestly i'd probably try and stick my tongue in her asshole
>>
Kindergarden is optional.

When you are 4 you go to primary school. This takes 8 years.
At the end primary school you get a national performance test. This performance test combined with the advice of your teacher will put you into one of three groups: intelligent (20%), normie (20%) or dumb (60%).

Secundary school (which is middle school and high school combined) is divided into:
4 education levels for dumb kids, which takes 4 years
1 education level for normies, which takes 5 years
2 education levels for smart kids, which takes 6 years

After finishing secundary school the dumb kids go to vocational education. To become a car mechanic, hair dresser, cook or whatever. They learn a skill with their hands.
The normal kids go to university for applied sciences, to become a manager, architect, IT professional, accountant, engineer, nurse and so on. They learn to apply theory.
The smart kids go to university to get a master degree. They study to become a mathematician, chemist, biologist, historian, lawyer, doctor, archeology, etc. This education is purely theoretical.

You have to study until you are 18, unless you have finished secundary education as a normal or smart kid. Or tertiary education as a dumb kid.
>>
File: c4a.jpg (8KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
8KB, 238x192px
>>76856978
R U DUM DUM?
>>
>>76857026
No I wanted to make an addition.

I forgot to mention that each education level has four specializations.
In the first year you get a lot of subjects. And afterwards they allow you to choose which ones you specialize in. And you can choose beween four packages.

On normie school I could choose between:
Economy + Society (so you got economy, history, earth sciences, statistics)
Culture + Society (language, art, sociology, history)
Nature + Health (biology, math, chemistry etc)
Nature + Engineering (physics, advanced math, chemistry, etc)

But the difference between each education level is huge.
Dumb kids school might get 6 school subjects.
Normie school 14. I couldn't go to smart kids school because I sucked at French and German.
>>
>>76857217
I still got French and German in normie school. So not letting me do a higher education level didn't make much difference for me.
They just assume that if you suck at languages you must suck at all other subjects as well, so you reached your limit.
>>
>>76857217
>>76857319
In practice they can drop you to a lower education level if you suck at physical education and music. Any two subjects can fuck you up.
>>
>>76856889
>>76857217
>>76857319
>>76857417
WTF I hate Colgate now
I'm about to get my electronic engineering degree
Under your system, 13 year old me would've doomed me
>>
>>76856495
>kindergarden
Optional I think
>primary school
6 to 16, mandatory
>gymnasium
3 to 5 years not mandatory
>university
i dont fucking know
>>
>>76856535
I would steal her left shoe and masturbate in it.
>>
>>76857712
When you are 21 you get certificates for each subject (in your own time in adult education).
And then you can do an entrance test for university.

But, as you can imagine, this will cause major delays. Good luck to the person who wants to catch up to 6 years of pre-university education. So if you do that it's important to pick a master that requires few certificates, such as psychology or law, because things like chemistry will probably be out of your reach.
>>
>>76856495
Depends on the state. Typically you start kindergarten ~5 and finish high school ~18.
In some states kindergarten is optional.
In some states you can drop out early.
>>
>>76857913
*When you are 21 you can get certificates
As a replacement for not finishing those classes in high school.
>>
>>76857958
How many years at high school?
>>
What does compulsory mean?
In Spanish schools theres some of the highest hours of homework of all countries in PISA, something proven to be counterproducent and increases abandon rate.
>>
>>76856495
Children go to primary school when they're 4 or 5, and finish it at 12/13.
>it's not really worth mentioning what you study.

Then you go to secondary school which is 5 or 6 years.
>the first three years are for the Junior Certificate.
>I don't remember the exact number of subjects you can take, something like 9.
>everybody takes Irish, English and Maths.
>most schools mandate students take a Continental language (French, German or Spanish usually), Geography, History and Science.
>there's two levels for most subjects, ordinary and higher level. They have 'foundation' level for Irish, English, and Maths for the complete retards.

You can leave school at 16 once you get the Junior Cert. The only use for the grades is how the school will automatically place you the next year.

There is an optional year offered in some schools called Transition Year where you dick around doing project work and work experience. I never understood why people opted for it, but they did.

The last two years are for the Leaving Certificate. I think they offer the "Leaving Cert Applied" now for people who are basically not academic at all, just so they can get a basic qualification for apprenticeships.
>same two level structure, with foundation level in the three subjects for mongos
>most people take 7 subjects
>the final grade is your best 6 subjects
>Irish, English, and Maths are compulsory.
>most people take another language for matriculation into university (don't think it's required for STEM though)
>ordinary level caps out at 60 points, higher level is 100. Higher Maths has extra points now I think.
>Science is split into Chemistry, Physics and Biology
>college matriculation is automated, you send a list of your course preferences to a central admissions office
>people with the highest points get offered first
>you're offered a place on your most preferred course whose requirements you've met
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.