[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greek culture? More like Turkish culture >Historian Paul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498125774646.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498125774646.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
Greek culture?
More like Turkish culture

>Historian Paul D. Buell argues that the word "baklava" may come from the Mongolian root baγla- 'to tie, wrap up, pile up' composed with the Turkic verbal ending -v;[7] baγla- itself in Mongolian is a Turkic loanword.

>Yoghurt is a Turkic word

Oh, and a lot of Greeks call shoes Papoutsi, from Ottoman papus from Persian

They wear yelek and wear fez(which has Greek origin yes, but not in its current form)
>>
Greeks are literal niggers, they claim that things that they steal are actually greek, when we say "no it's not" they just sperg out "HURR U CULTURELESS MONGOL WE CIVILIZED U" not being aware of the fact that Turko-Persian tradition was as much as civilized or more civilized than Gr**k/Hellen culture
They'll still have to read more books though.
>>
File: subhuman.png (829KB, 1280x1192px) Image search: [Google]
subhuman.png
829KB, 1280x1192px
>>76828449
>>76828483
inferiority complex
>>
>>76828483
It reminds me of some wewuz Albanians that claim raki and börek
>>
>>76828609
Rakı has Arabic origins, it comes from Arak, then Turks make it "Rakı" and Balkanites/Greeks take it
Borek is Turkish
what really gets me is how Greeks claim they they invented Sarma, if that's the case then why do Azeris/Uzbeks/Persians etc eat it too? They were never influenced by Greeks nor Greece ever interacted with those countries
>>
>>76828724
Alexander the great would say some, but according to old manuscripts, the dish was created later
>>
>>76828901
Uzbeks and Azeris did not exist when Alexander invaded Persia
However, Greeks did not culturally influence Persia or Iranian countries. Maybe some things that they changed but they're probably irrelevant.
And ancient greek culture is not same as Byzantine/Greek culture
>>
>>76828724
checking the etymology of the food names gives you a idea about the origins but it isn't the most important thing in most cases
take coffee for example, it's derived from an arabic city but it was the ottomans who spread it world wide
>>
>>76831689
No i mean Rakı is literally Arabic/Levantine
>>
>>76828531
>wake up in morning
>sleep in house you didn't build
>on property someone else made livable
>eat food you didn't grow
>use water trough pipes you didn't build,
>put on cloths you didn't sew
>use electricty someone else channels to your house
>speak a language someone else came up with
>use roads you didn't pave
>go to an institution you didn't build
>B-B-BUT MUH INDIVIDUAL ACHIVEVEMENTS ARE ALL MINE! I DID IT ALL ON MUH OWN!
>>
>>76831715
Remains from an alcohol distillery from the 11th century have been found here.
>>
File: khanz.jpg (156KB, 900x618px) Image search: [Google]
khanz.jpg
156KB, 900x618px
Why do turks steal culture from greeks,persians,arabs,armenians,slavs claim it as their own and then get mad when they see those people?
>>
>>76831892
the fragility of your average amerifat mind, ladies and gentleman.
>>
>>76832164
>collectivist chink doesn't get it
Kek yah right buddy, go worship mao.
>>
>>76831892
>speak a language someone else came up with
learning a new language is an achievement i'd say
>>
Turks literally worst people

>come from middle asia few centuries ago
>invade countries and steal culture from countries like armenia

Thank god georgian empire killed off you s*ljuk niggers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.