[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Geographic Determined What Superpowers Will Look Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: india-map.jpg (126KB, 696x781px) Image search: [Google]
india-map.jpg
126KB, 696x781px
National Geographic Determined What Superpowers Will Look Like in 2050, and It's Beautiful
>>
>>76767995
What does Pradesh mean?
>>
>>76768038
land/province

i.e. Himachal Pradesh = Snowy lands
>>
>>76768038
Desh means country and Pra is a suffix which is used to indicate the lower degree of a word. These states are like different countries but lack sovereignty, they are like separate countries but are lower form of a true sovereign country, therefore they are called Pradesh instead of desh.
>>
>>76768138
Him means snow, Anchal means covered. Himanchal means Snow covered.
>>
>>76768825
>>76768138

And what does Khand mean?
>>
>>76768038
>>76768825
'Pra' is very much same as 'Proto'. So Pradesh can be said as Proto-country or Province.
>>
>>76768964
Same, province or region.
>>
>>76768964
Khand means part. Uttarakhand means the 'Northern part'.
>>
>>76767995
Poo in loo Designated shitting streets hahaha XD poojeet btfo forever
>>
File: Poo.png (78KB, 330x583px) Image search: [Google]
Poo.png
78KB, 330x583px
Is everyone ITT aware that the only village in the world called POO lies in India?
>>
>>76767995
Why is Jammu and Kashmir one province instead of two?
>>
How's life in Chennai?
>>
>>76769209
Yes.
>>
>>76769082
No. Khand doesn't means Province. Khand just means a Piece or a Part. Like in Akhand Bharat where Khand means Piece and A- suffix indicates negative or opposite of the main word, therefore Akhand means Undivided.
>>
File: maluma}g.jpg (79KB, 736x481px) Image search: [Google]
maluma}g.jpg
79KB, 736x481px
I love Indian classical music, m8s.

I'm planning on getting a ghatam soon. Top percussion instrument. Have some gorgeous Anoushka Shankar. This raga is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wra4p4zARw

They say that Ravi's wife was the real sitar genius. Any knowledgeable Indianbro would confirm this rumor?
>>
>>76769214
Jammu and Kashmir aren't really two separate places. Jammu is a part of the greater geographical region of Kashmir. The name Jammu and Kashmir has stuck because it was the name of the princely state. That time the name was made on the basis of the fact that the union of the Jammu state and the Kashmir valley took place. "Kashmir" refers to Kashmir Valley here and not the entire geographical area of Kashmir. Now the name J&K keeps in track that we're talking specifically about the Indian part of Kashmir and not the whole geographical region of Kashmir.
>>76769236
I visited just a couple of days ago, much cleaner and less crowded than Bangawhore.
>>
>>76769248
My bad.
>>76769353
I used to learn Carnatic mandolin when I was young but I lost interest and don't remember much. Tfw no Sentinelese gf
>>
>>76769496
>bangawhore
Kek, is it pronounced like "bang a whore" in English?
>>
>>76769833
He's joking. He meant Bangalore, Indian's 3rd city.

>tfw I'm from El Salvador and I know a lot about India.
>>
>>76769897
Tfw there are people in this world who don't know about Bangalore. Are we really that insignificant?
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>76770007
Man, I even know about Kerala. The most beautiful girl I have ever met in my life was from there and I even started learning Malayalam. She showed me all these pics from their coastline. It's insane. Kochi, I remember, was one of the most gorgeous beaches.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.