[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please, help me /int/. How can I learn german alone, with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (336B, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
336B, 275x183px
Please, help me /int/. How can I learn german alone, with no courses?
Please note that I've a decent knowledge of general linguistics and grammatic, and, therefore, things envolving these topics (like cases) aren't real trouble.
>>
>>76642871
Well... You seem to speak English pretty well. You're honestly about a quarter of the way there.
>>
Ich bin ein Berliner
>>
Go to Germany
Survive learn it by force
>>
>>76642882
Thanks. The real problem now is to face the next 3 quarters.
>>76642893
Gut (unique thing I know how to speak in german)
>>76642930
I'm too young to do such a thing
>>
Here you go mate
https://www.duolingo.com/course/tr/en/Learn-Turkish-Online
>>
I started doing it about 3 months ago. I began with a basic grammar book to get the basic rules out of the way and learn all the cases and stuff(except the genitive, I left it out for the moment since apparently it is not used that often and is not essential for a beginner).
Meanwhile I practiced with Duolinguo, which is ok for a beginner I guess.

Now I'm watching some basic subtitled content on youtube. I often have to stop and look up stuff on a dictionary but with practice you start to get better.

I found this one pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lk9rS7n-4Q&list=PLq0sxgS3gD9D3iNoMH2lLXB6wx18Xgwi8&index=1
>>
>>76643093
So, Duolingo could help me?
>>
>>76643141
For a start, yeah, I guess so. After a while it gets a bit repetitive or frustrating at times, but maybe it's the Italian version that is not well developed yet.
>>
>>76643141
Started 3 months ago. I do about 1-2 hours a day.
Consistency is key.
1. Sign up for Duolingo
2. Torrent glossika German and look up sentence mining
3. add all your shit to a huge Anki deck
4. listen to a Pimsleur course per day to work on listening and speaking
5. rinse and repeat

My tips for you: don't worry about studying Grammar, just learn how to say basic stuff automatically and correctly.

A few more months of this and I'll start listening to intermediate materials and reading the news.
>>
>>76643169
After Duolingo, what do you suggest for me? Should I try some basic literature?
>>76643193
>Consistency is key
I really think so. The unique problem is if I can keep some routine as yours. Investing at least 1 hour per day is really necessary, or less should already be sufficient?
>>
>>76643241
It depends on your goals. They say it takes about 750 hours of deliberate practice to reach fluency in German. Personally, I want to get there sooner rather than later, so 750 hours/ 1.5 hours a day = 500 days til fluency.

Of course you can't expect to take breaks in your studies for weeks at a time and expect to still be where you left off. Nor can you expect 5 hours in one day to be as valuable as 5 hours over 5 days.
>>
>>76643285
Do you know if these numbers account only vocabulary learning or if they also include grammatical learning? As I said, grammatic will not really be a problem to me.
>>
>>76643241
Not sure, I was thinking to proceed as I did with English, just watch/read any sort of material as long as I do it daily with consistency. I think with any language the main obstacle is getting past the initial phase of complete lack of understanding.
>>
>>76643344
everything about the language
>>
>>76643348
You've a good point: the initial phase of learning the language- one you called a "complete lack of understanding"- tends to be the hardest of the phases. Interesting.

>>76643369
So I think that maybe I'll need less time per day. It'd be really interesting if there was some research accounting the steps of learning separately.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.