[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck EU? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti cles/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1498563714060.png (392KB, 1431x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1498563714060.png
392KB, 1431x1136px
What the fuck EU?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-27/google-s-2-7-billion-fine-may-boost-old-foes-claims-of-abuse

Why does the EU hate the US?
It's not just Google, even microsoft, apple and shit.
Other countries do jack shit compared to them.

>hey I like my shit I'm gonna promote it
>stop winning, g-give us money let us win!!!
>stop not letting us EU markets beat you REEEEEEE
>>
>>76544964
It's simple... Google holds the majority market; so it uses that position to then promote it's own business; earning more money, allowing it to bolster it's position even more.

While it actively tweaks it's results to give competitors a lower ranking on it's service...

This is considered a false monpoly, and not a natural one.

Google were told by the EU to stop anti competative behaviours; they acted like Americans and thought they could just say fuck you. . . The EU slapped them back.
>>
>>76544964
Already a thread on this.

And you got that image from /g/.
>>
>>76544964
Jealousy.

It's especially the G*rmans who are mad.

But they are idiots, sometimes I wonder if the assholes at the EU have a bit of knowledge in economics... Because they would know it's a very stupid idea because Google will counter attack and provoke more than $2.7 bn of lost for the EU, as well as bother the European customers which will probably have a restricted access to Google services.

2 or 3 years ago, France tried to attack Amazon
It accused Amazon to compete local libraries
The result
Free delivery charges on books of Amazon
Result for me
I have never bought as many books as today on Amazon and I never go to a library.
>>
>>76545605
we should just fucking ban google all together
fuck them

make a european google instead
even better a french google
there would be no concern for commercial success since we would just physically force everyone in europe to use it

this is how eu should be ruled, with an iron hand and no mercy for our enemies
>>
>>76548544
I wouldn't support that, Googles applications have become very sophisticated and can replace third party applications easily

I like installing the latest custom ROM on an ancient device and enjoying a similar experience to the Pixel devices

Also Microsoft with their expertise and near inexhaustible resources couldn't lay a dent on Google, I doubt you will
>>
>>76548628
google is quite shitty at video and picture searching rn
>>
>>76548713
better than commiegoogle yandex
>>
>>76548713
Are there any notable competitors who are better in that respect?
>>
>>76545077
The end.
>>
>>76548782
>>76548802
I use yandex + tineye if I need to find an image. Bing If I need to find a video
>>
>>76548802
for pictures, bing ist actually quite decent
>>
File: VB5jV.png (25KB, 478x172px) Image search: [Google]
VB5jV.png
25KB, 478x172px
The EU is retarded, what else is new
>>
>>76545077
Why don't you dumb yuros just make a better Google lmao
>>
>>76544964
EU hates everyone because they can demand money from people they hate.

It's all about the money, that's all it is.
>>
>>76545077
But they own the site they should be able to do whatever they want with it, it's not like they are manupilating a government service to their advantage.
>>
>>76548908
there is no reason for nationalistic feelings
google is not your friend. they don't care any more about you as they care about us
i wish people of america would stand up against the international corporations aswell
>>
File: 1498149534468.jpg (682KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1498149534468.jpg
682KB, 2048x1362px
>>76549651
>i wish people of america would stand up against the international corporations aswell
What are you smoking? Can i have some?
>>
>>76549706
i thought you were the weedman
>>
>>76549034
>>76545077
here's a more concrete example
>this one guy holds the michelin star restaurant rating system
>oops turns out he lied and does not even taste the meals
>he just takes money for good ratings
>and gives bad ratings to those who won't pay him
you think he's allowed to because "it's his michelin system after all" ? what next, you will ask the state to "not tread on you" ?

fuck no he's not allowed, there are laws that have existed for thousands of years, that say that no, you are not in fact allowed to be a conman, it is illegal and there are sanctions
which are ultimately upheld by the state's "monopoly on violence", that being the army

these people need a reality check, they won't understand until there are boots walking on their neck
in fact we should instate death penalty for those businessmen that have malicious intent towards the nation
>>
>>76549727
If you say such things on the interbutt, you clearly have the better suff.
>>
File: 1495652957578.jpg (8KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
1495652957578.jpg
8KB, 200x192px
>>76544964

LOL EU Bailed out 2 Italian banks with all this Google money.

EU literally robs US corporations to pay for their fuck ups AHAHAHA
>>
>>76549768
No they didnt.
>>
This would get horribly shit on if this wasn't on the internet.
Imagine the state attacking an advertising company for being too good at advertising.
Like, suing CBS because they sold Super Bowl ads that boosted someone's sales too much.
>>
>>76549739
>in fact we should instate death penalty for those businessmen that have malicious intent towards the nation
There's that French overreaction we all know and love
>>
>>76549972
It's about how they rigged the search results. Nobody suing them for such a high quality search engine
>>
>>76549972
To clarify :
Google Search and Google Shopping are two different entities. Owned by the same company, but still.
Of course, a company can advantage its own entities or partners in a business... Except when the company have the monopoly of the market. In that case, its called "abuse of dominant position" or something like that.
The company can't take advantage of that monopoly to do a flavour to its partners and kill the others, it have to stay neutral.
Here, Google is clearly a monopoly, and its clearly using that to try to be more a monopoly.
>>
>>76550048
oh okay.
I guess it is true that literally no-one uses Yahoo! or Bing or any other competitor.
>>
>>76544964
Why does the US hate VW?
>>
File: 15234370669_1f706df0f8_z.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
15234370669_1f706df0f8_z.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>76549034
>they own...
>...they should be able to do whatever they want
maybe in ancap fantasy land, not in EU
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.