[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do other countries associate us with cowboys? Cowboys made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 264px-Mccree-portrait.png (91KB, 264x350px) Image search: [Google]
264px-Mccree-portrait.png
91KB, 264x350px
Why do other countries associate us with cowboys? Cowboys made up a tiny portion of the population in a few states over a hundred years ago, and are partly Mexican in origin.
>>
Western movies
>>
>>76458696
Wild Arms and Back to the Future 3.
>>
>>76458696
I might be wrong but I have the suspicion it's one of those things that only Americans think foreigners think about them.
Also the word "Yankee", the meaning of which always escaped me.

But American movies have quite a number of foreigners aggressively coming up to Americans associating them with cowboys and calling them Yankees.

The United States for us is always the post 1945 United States, hegemonic, aggressive, ultra-rich, and source of all that is on our TV screens.

I remember I did some stereotypical generic Eurotrash criticism on America's love for guns in front of a Canadian girl and she said "haha they're like cowboys right? Pew pew!"
Who the fuck cares about cowboys.

Although at this point this trope is so widespread that maybe other countries HAVE started associating Americans with cowboys.
>>
File: 1483633263507.png (31KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483633263507.png
31KB, 657x527px
Looks like I'm going to delete another thing from my favorite murican things list.
>>76458710
Most likely this, be it because of the hollywood western or spaghetti western.
>>
File: quattro.jpg (33KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
quattro.jpg
33KB, 258x322px
>>76458696
>Why does everyone associate my country with a group of people who were a tiny portion of the population?

Literally anyone can make this complaint. Is this your first time realizing what a stereotype is?
>>
>>76458696
What else do you prefer to be associated with, sharting walmart scooter-ridering hambeasts?
Cowboys and gunslingers are a rad meme. Appreciate it.
>>
>>76459774
*riding
>>
>>76458696
Don't worry burger, we're the last gen to do it.
The next, when thinking about americans, will associate you with brown people eating tacos and wearing large sombreros.
>>
>>76458696
Yeah, instead of cowboys you should be ghetto niggers or morbidly obese manchildren
>>
Yeah no idea why
Cowboys are originally from the Spanish colonies in the Americas not the USA
>>
No one ever associates cowboys with Americans

The common conception of an American here is someone that's fat and stupid
>>
>>76459907
loool
>>
>>76458696
You misspelled obesity
>>
File: tired.jpg (6KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
6KB, 209x250px
>it's another let's bully america thread
>>
>>76462454
You can take it because you're the best
>>
>>76460574
This
the cowboy image is long dead
>>
File: IMG_3346.jpg (171KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3346.jpg
171KB, 500x375px
>>76458696
Cowboys? More like fatsos on scooters
>>
IRL cowboys in the Old West lived a pretty miserable life with nothing but hard work and little to do in their spare time except drink. It was a racially inclusive profession, they were white, black, Indian, and Mexican.
>>
Why do other countries associate us with vikings? Vikings made up a tiny portion of the population in a few counties over a thousand years ago, and are partly western in origin.
>>
>>76465082
If you weren't Vikings then what were you?
>>
>>76463133
my dream was to live like those guys from the movie brokeback mountain
>>
File: A FUCKING LEAF.gif (4MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING LEAF.gif
4MB, 512x384px
>>76462555
Been waiting for someone to post this
*unsheathes gif*
>>
>>76458696
cowboys are the lite version of other western stuff. nobody really finds it cool.
>>
>>76465099
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qA7GDkKZJk
>>
>>76465099
Kings
>>
File: 353.jpg (31KB, 680x414px) Image search: [Google]
353.jpg
31KB, 680x414px
>>76465109
lol homo
>>
File: 1496949882527.jpg (258KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496949882527.jpg
258KB, 968x1024px
>>76458696

Most of those posting under the US flag on /int/, are self-hating whites and millennial progressives of the following type:

https://youtu.be/mwtfAHyVZSo

They desire the transformation of the United States into a non-white country, and are actively leading the charge to turn it more diverse and multicultural, while marginalizing the white males and reducing their social and economic power. Many of them are members of Antifa, and all of them fully support the protests taking place on college campuses, where they receive their liberal arts degrees.

They despise the cowboy and the frontier image, which they regard as expressions of American manifest destiny imperialism and Indian genocide, and are attempting to redefine the cowboy as either homosexual or black/latino, instead of the traditional view as an epitome of white American masculinity, which they lack
>>
>>76459092
Welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>76458972
Yankee is an old British term derogatory term for an American which goes back to the days when we conquered the Dutch colonies in the Americas.

Jan Key is like Tommy Smith or John Doe for the Dutch, and its essentially picking at the Americans for being Anglophile Dutchmen.

Made famous by the song.
>>
File: foggy460x276.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
foggy460x276.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>76458696
>Why do other countries associate us with cowboys? Cowboys made up a tiny portion of the population in a few states over a hundred years ago

Cockneys make up a small population of one area of the capital spanning about 2 miles.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.