[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't use wikipedia please. I used to think of wikipedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 7471174181.jpg (56KB, 336x412px) Image search: [Google]
7471174181.jpg
56KB, 336x412px
Don't use wikipedia please. I used to think of wikipedia being a reliable place where I can learn. I was wrong. Being a wiki editor myself, I know what kind of people are writing the articles and they are all biased shits who can't write selflessly and logically about something. They all have an agenda.
>>
>>76399134
>wiki editor
>>
>>76399134
anyone writing about anything always has an agenda on something
>>
>>76399134
This is actually true.

Look up any major conflicts or political events currently happening. All of them have heavy liberal bias. Hell, look up the Vietnam war on Wikipedia. There's freaking subsections on women and blacks. Liberal groups have sittings where they get together and edit pages in their favor.
>>
>>76399274
>There's freaking subsections on women and blacks.
How is this a bad thing? It's relevant. During the Vietnam War, the role of women in the US military changed, and it's interesting to read how the Vietnamese women served as well.

I can see the liberal bias on the part about black servicemen, but it's relevant too, with how the African-American civil rights movement was going on in the US at the time of the war.
>>
>>76399885
>replying to an American retard
>>
>>76399134
And to think I donated them money once.

Never again. Worst mistake of my life. Not only they don't deserve it, they bother me constantly sending me e-mails to do it again
>>
>>76399134
I have experienced this firsthand when reading about Transylvanian history
Pretty much every article related to it, especially the ones on the Romanian Wikipedia, are so obviously written with a nationalist agenda that it hurts
>>
I noticed the same on some articles about Dutch wars with the UK and Indonesia.
The British and Indonesians dont like parts of history that don't sound good.

But overall I think Wikipedia is a good starting point when searching for information.
>>
>>76400283
There are also different ways you can calculate how many Muslims the Netherlands has. And on different pages you see the different methods with different results appearing. Its between 4% and 6%. And on some pages its 4 and others 6.
>>
>>76399134
Did you really discover this just now?

Anyway, overall Wiki is still a useful place to get very quick information about stuff. Also, it's not like every single topic has a left-wing bias to it, so you can easily just avoid such topics. For example, recently I was reading the page on the Akkadian Empire, and it's a fair guess that such a topic wouldn't have any reason be particularly biased (except maybe by Iraqi "We wuz"), and therefore it's a good place to start reading.

At the end of the day though, there's a reason why Wiki pages are not treated as a particularly reliable source, for example in APA-style referencing, they have their own unique format to ensure proper transparency (i.e. to let the reader know that it's a shit source).

>>76399975
same here
>>
All countries should ban it imo
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.