[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>women are less interested in engineering >therefore there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1473790221458.png (728KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1473790221458.png
728KB, 1106x1012px
>women are less interested in engineering
>therefore there will always be less female engineers than male
>folk that claims they like equality says this is ok because it reflects people's interests
>they say its bad to encourage women to become engineers
>even though they oppose equality they claim to like equality
>they don't understand or don't care that if there always will be less female engineers than male then:
>1. women will always be under the boot of men in society because they are less worth
>2. women will always be laughed at by male chauvinists
>3. women will be the gender that will be exterminated when the artificial womb and sex robot is invented
>they still think women are the privileged gender
>>
File: white wimmen.jpg (657KB, 1000x2876px) Image search: [Google]
white wimmen.jpg
657KB, 1000x2876px
>>76259717
>>76259717
How will wh*te wimmenz ever recover?
>>
literalmente um símio acéfalo
>>
>>76259717
How do we use the power of /int/ to change society's expectations on women?
>>
File: 1439237335641.jpg (150KB, 469x530px) Image search: [Google]
1439237335641.jpg
150KB, 469x530px
>>76259717
wh*tey wammanz should just convert to Islam and be good house wives so at least they will be of come value
>>
>>76259717
Not really, as time passes women become more and more interested in it.
For example I work as an oil engineer for 6 years now and every year we recieve interns. And every year there are more women. And some of them are really good.
Give it a time and there will be more. Of course if they don't go meme jobs like comp """engineering""" or something.
>>
File: 1390129328776.gif (280KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1390129328776.gif
280KB, 400x388px
>>76260030
but i saw a documentary where a study said that even in day old babies the boys where more interested in tech
>>
>>76260106
Well, you don't magically change the society after thousands of years women doing women jobs and men doing men jobs.
It will slowly, but inevitable progress to the point where there will be no gender orientated jobs.
>>
File: 1400889765893.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1400889765893.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>76260207
but it was directly linked to their testosterone levels
girls with more testosterone would also be more likely to become engineers
>>
>>76259881
>Convert to Islam
>For intellectual and feminist reasons
>Islam
>Intellectual
>Feminist
Holy shit are people retarded.
>>
>>76260383
Man, you're really dense.
Just use simple logic. It's now viewed as a "man job", so a girl with a high test level will of course be more manly than an ordinary girl and be more interested in a "man job". Now imagine that in some point it will not be wieved as such, so anyone can be interested in it and it would be socially accepted.
As I said, society doesen't change in one day, give it a time.
>>
>>76260550
but the baby experiment proved that it wasn't just society but also natural preprogrammed tendencies
>>
File: AKG109781.jpg (45KB, 547x344px) Image search: [Google]
AKG109781.jpg
45KB, 547x344px
>>76260492
In Islam feminism means a man will buy you whatever you want. Muhammad figured out the best way to shut a woman up was just to buy her whatever she wanted, and they will never complain.
>>
>>76260667
It didn't. Don't mistake cause and reason.
Also, why won't you start thinking yourself insteaf of believing bunch of documentaries made for gaining profit?
>>
>>76260773
how can society influence a day old baby?
>>
File: 1413015026305.png (244KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1413015026305.png
244KB, 4500x4334px
>>76259717
An engineer is more of a disposable wage slave than a self-employed roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
>they still think women are the privileged gender

Being a wage slave is not a privilege. A woman can still own a factory and employ disposable engineers.
>>
>>76260897
>An engineer is more of a disposable wage slave than a self-employed roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
i dont believe you

>roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
none of which women can become

>A woman can still own a factory and employ disposable engineers.
but there are less who do and it helps being an engineer
>>
>>76260893
Oh god, I really suck at explaining.
It doesen't it just divides jobs by gender so when a baby grows it already has an options based on it. That's all.
>>76260897
>self-employed roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
Are those still exist? Aside from 12k people """cities""".
>>
>>76260030
>tfw woman
>tfw study comp engineering
I hurt myself every day. Should have gone for mechanical engineering.
>>
>>76259717
And basically 70 percent of lawyers and 90 percent of physicians are going to be women, so it's not like they're forever condemned to be the dregs of society.
>>
>>76260984
>Women can't become roofers, carpenters, or plumbers
What kind of regressive shit hole do you live in? And just because women go into engineering less it doesn't mean they won't. Anyone ambitious, whatever their gender may be, can become an engineer as long as they can do math.
>>
>>76261005
>>self-employed roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
>Are those still exist? Aside from 12k people """cities""".
Hmm? In north america, if you have the qualifications you can put a logo on a pickup and list your phone number somewhere and become a contractor. A plumber or electrician can work alone.
>>
>>76261007
You cun just study harder and become better.
Core of any engineering is using what you have without looking bad and complaining about circumstances.
>>
>>76261258
>a pickup
*pickup truck
>>
>>76261112
i dont know about lawyers but physicians are definitely going to be replaced by robots

also i dont think its possible for every woman to be a physician but it would be possible for every man to be an engineer because there are so many branches

>>76261141
>What kind of regressive shit hole do you live in?
one where those jobs require physical strength that women dont have

>And just because women go into engineering less it doesn't mean they won't
but the whole point is that there are less
>>
>>76261258
Lmao.
In any normal place there will be a corporation which employs masters, does finding clients for them and offer better quality of the job because they would have a quality control, thus giving individuals a big cock to suck.
Loners are a thing of past, thankfully.
>>
>>76261349
>but the whole point is that there are less
The point is that there are more than 50 years ago. And waaaay more than 100 years ago. And it will keep rising.
>>
>>76261366
>In any normal place
>normal place
>Azerbaijan
I live in Toronto, am a landlord and have employed self-employed handymen. Has your country ever been commie? Cause you sound like you have commie mentality.
>>
>>76261349
>physicians are definitely going to be replaced by robots
When? How?
I chose this life because of the safe job prospects! It's not like we're getting fewer sick old people.
>>
>OP actually watched the Hjernvask documentary
Lol.

>folk that claims they like equality says this is ok because it reflects people's interests

Is this is where you are retarded. You don't know the difference between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity. The lack of the former is not necessarily evidence of the latter.

Do you consider yourself to be a feminist? Isn't feminism about giving women freedom? Freedom is about choice and in a truly equal society women have the choice to persue the career path they want yes, stereotypically masculine and feminine. It doesn't matter what they then choose in the end. Why are you against women deciding on their own to become nurses, to be stay-at-home mothers and shaming them?

Do you really support their freedom of choice if you are not respecting their choice in the end? Do you realize how dehumanizing and anti-feminist you sound when you say that women can't make their own independant choices?

You are contradicting yourself.
>>
>>76261454
>commie mentality
>corporations
Lmao.
>I am a landlord
Oh, it explains everything.
>>76261533
They won't.
At least not in next 500 years, which I'm sure you and I won't see.
>>
>>76261601
>Also, why won't you start thinking yourself insteaf of believing bunch of documentaries made for gaining profit?

Documentaries by public broardcasters are made for profit?

>Shortly afterward, the Nordic Council of Ministers closed down the Nordic Gender Institute.

It had a big impact.
>>
>>76261808
Anything shown by a TV novadays is made for profit. It values a sensationalism of content more than it's quality.
>>
>>76261950
The documentary in question featured well-respected scientists currently engaged cutting-edge research from top universities.

You are making sweeping and uninformed statements without actually knowing the subject material. Fuck off.
>>
>>76260712
>women
>never complain
impossible
>>
>>76261533
ok apparently lawyers are going to be replaced too, its going to happen within some decades by robots
https://hbr.org/2016/10/robots-will-replace-doctors-lawyers-and-other-professionals

>>76261587
>Do you consider yourself to be a feminist?
yes

>Isn't feminism about giving women freedom?
no it would more say it is about making people equal

>It doesn't matter what they then choose in the end.
yes it does
read point 1 through 3

>Why are you against women deciding on their own to become nurses, to be stay-at-home mothers and shaming them?
im not against that some are
i would wish that more chose something else

and i have reasons to do so
because of this they are degraded and at chance of extermination/enslavement

>Do you really support their freedom of choice if you are not respecting their choice in the end?
you are so much missing the point
i do support their freedom of choice
i would just wish that they chose something else and would like to see this changed through encouragement

> Do you realize how dehumanizing and anti-feminist you sound when you say that women can't make their own independent choices?
did you even watch the documentary you recommended to me yourself
a study in the documentary showed that people are affected by nature in these choices
why don't you watch the documentaries you recommend yourself?

>You are contradicting yourself.
i am not
>>
>>76262072
>documentary in question featured well-respected scientists currently engaged cutting-edge research from top universities.
Yeah, pop-science. Sort of "scientists" that set ceremonies to award each other fancy titles, spend millions on """researches""", proving that, wow, women are less interested in becoming engineers novadays.
Really a pinnacle of scientific advance, my little monkey friend.
>>
>>76260897
>a self-employed roofer, carpenter or a plumber.
Get automated you useless cuck.
>>
>>76262429
>https://hbr.org/2016/10/robots-will-replace-doctors-lawyers-and-other-professionals

So we are letting robots decide on moral choices? That's the stupidest idea i've ever heard
>>
>>76262429
>i do support their freedom of choice
>i would just wish that they chose something else

That cognitive dissonance.

>no it would more say it is about making people equal

Again, lack of equality of outcome is not the evidence of lack of equality of opportunity.

So, in theory you would limit women's freedom in order to force them to take certain jobs, even if they themselves wouldn't really like to choose them? Are you sure that being a good feminist is about coercing women?

And here I was that giving women the right to vote, giving women equals rights was about increasing women's freedom. Wow.

Do you realize how goofy you sound?

>changed through encouragement
Do you yourself study in STEM? There has never been more encouragement for women to take up STEM jobs in history it already border straigh up unfair preference. There are dozens of programs, scholarships and help in most western countries for women taking up these subjects and they still prefer other jobs.
>>
>>76261601
You do have a commie mentality though
It's about individualism, people can do it themselves.
>>
>>76262486
Are you still trying to prove how few of a clue you have about the subject? If you actually watched the documentary you would realize how red-face embarrassing the statements are that you keep doubling down on.
>>
>>76262883
Nope.
Commie mentality is caring more about comfort and "le rights" of worker than quality of service.
And individualism has no place in service sector. You either learn to work as a team of professionals, or get lost.
>>
>>76262981
Why should I watch anything without any sort of value that you insist on calling "scientific"?
Anyone with a bit of brain knows why there are less women engineers. If you need some "scientists" to tell you about than, I pity you.
>>
>>76262429
>There are more monthly visits to the WebMD network than to all the doctors in the United States.
>We believe these are but a few early indicators of a fundamental shift in professional service.
They've based their opinion on stuff like this?
>>
>>76263142
>Anyone with a bit of brain knows why there are less women engineers.

I'm just shaking my head at this point.
>>
>>76262813
>That cognitive dissonance.
so?

>So, in theory you would limit women's freedom in order to force them to take certain jobs, even if they themselves wouldn't really like to choose them? Are you sure that being a good feminist is about coercing women?
at this point i would more go for encouragement than force
but the main point is that if they dont do this they will be exterminated or enslaved

it isn't just equality that is at stake but the existence of the woman itself
>Are you sure that being a good feminist is about coercing women?
>coercing
>encouragement
>coercing
stop

>And here I was that giving women the right to vote, giving women equals rights was about increasing women's freedom. Wow.
right to vote has literally nothing to do with freedom
equal rights might, but not necessarily

>Do you yourself study in STEM? There has never been more encouragement for women to take up STEM jobs in history it already border straigh up unfair preference. There are dozens of programs, scholarships and help in most western countries for women taking up these subjects and they still prefer other jobs.
that is also one of my points
the documentary you linked me literally said that there is a pre-programmed difference in women's and men's interest fields
that means that even though some studies have shown that women's career choices are affected by stereotypes there might always be a difference and women will always be underprivileged
>>
>>76263239
Don't shake it, what's inside your head can slip through your ear and fell off.
Or shake, you don't really need brain anyway.
>>
>>76263324
>it isn't just equality that is at stake but the existence of the woman itself
What?
>>
Men treat women engineering students/engineers like shit
T. Woman engineer
>>
>>76263399
did you even read the OP
if there are less female engineers women might be replaced by artificial wombs and sex robots
>>
>>76263324
>right to vote has literally nothing to do with freedom

>the freedom to choose your political representatives has nothing to do with freedom

Your posts just keep getting dumber.

>underprivileged
Do you even know what these words mean and what a privilege actually is? A privilege is a special right enjoyed by one group over the other.

Can you tell me which rights women lack in present-day Denmark? Can you tell me which current laws in place give women worse treatment before the law than any other group?
>>
>>76263587
>A privilege is a special right enjoyed by one group over the other.
im not sure if that is true
if it is then let me rephrase: women are worse off
>>
>>76263429
be my gf (male)
>>
>>76263554
Artificial wombs are still centuries away. Women could theoretically clone themselves right now.
>>
>>76259717
how is this remotely /int/ related?, go back to /r9k/
>>
>>76263639
>im not sure if that is true
Why do you use words whose meaning you are unsure of?

>women are worse off
In what way are women worse off? You are arguing that women worse off because you are using an economical metric and imposing you own standard.

Do you realize that some people have different priorities in life, other than just wealth?

Maybe, just maybe there are people that favor different things over pure economical wealth.

You are basically saying that a woman who chose an occupation that leaves her with more time for her family but less pay is in general worse off, completely disregarding that this person might value things different than you for example.

Some people value things like free time, a less stressful job, a less physical and healthier job and being able to found a family over cold economical reward that requires a certain sacrifice.

It is completely ok to want other things and decide for them freely.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.