[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Italian immigrants didn't keep their language when they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Why Italian immigrants didn't keep their language when they moved to South America
>>
>>76181734
Because they married the locals who cucked the Italian out of them. Also, they were mostly fleeing from persecution, so I guess they wanted to pass off as locals as soon as possible by ditching their mother tongue.
>>
>>76182171
seems legit
>>
>>76181734
why would they?
>>
>>76181734
they didn't keep their language when they moved to North America either
>>
>>76181734
Frenchmen didn't do that too in north america.
Quebec is the exception because it was only a french colony, and it's disappearing too.
>>
>>76184570
That's also true. There's bits and pieces of Italian that they speak, but they literally don't speak full-fledged Italian.
>>
There was (almost) exclusively Spanish and Portuguese colonies, so they got to decide on that.
A few German immigrants went there as well (though not nearly as many) and eventually adopted the colony master language too
>>
>>76181734
>country of immigrants
>adapt common tongue to survive
>result is everyone speaks a common tongue

same reason why languages disappear here after 1-2 generations.
>>
>>76181734
most people that migrated to the Americas (especially after 1870) barely spoke Italian.
They only spoke their dialects.

There are enclaves where people still speak Venetian dialect of the 1800s (see Chipilo in Mexico or Rio Grande do Sol in Brazil)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.