[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides the cradle of the European and Western civilization which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 7384619-11371677.png (620KB, 1473x1198px) Image search: [Google]
7384619-11371677.png
620KB, 1473x1198px
Besides the cradle of the European and Western civilization which takes its source from the Hellenistic world, is there an European culture or is it a propaganda born with the creation of the EU and conveyed by corrupt politicians?

If the European culture exists, why do French or Brits feel closer to Americans than other Europeans and especially Eastern Europeans, why do Brits and Irish feel very close to Australians and even consider Australians as their own?
>>
>>76166375
There is no European culture that encompasses all of the UE, as an Italian I have no history or culture in common with, say, someone from Finland or the Baltic and very little in common with places like Poland and Slovakia
>>
No shit this is EU propaganada.
>>
Europe is a culturally very diverse place.
Even as a non-Europoor I can easily distinguish about 12-13 cultures in it, but at best 20 or so for the entire areas outside Europe.
>>
>>76166375
>European culture

You could say that secularism, women's rights, humanism, radicalisation of thought and production is or were european culture. Europe though has also produced major strife, mindless loss of life, two wolrld wars, brutal colonisation and imperialism. European culture is not a meme it's not all benevolent either.

Depending on their culture and financial relations each european nation has more affinity to different external factions and countries. The main cultural characteristics i mentioned above are present in every europen country.
>>
>>76166375
Anglo-Franco culture is European culture.
>>
Well, this is subjective I suppose, but I can only relate to the French, the Germans (some are a bit odd), Benelux, then a big drop off, the Swedes/Danes/Norwegians, some Italians. The rest is a bit of an exotic blur to me, I can't "see their mind" so to speak.
>>
>>76166375
The only common culture is christianity. Really, that's just it.
But I guess there's common culture in group of certain regions like mediterranean countries for example (or maybe romance speaking countries), or scandinavian...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.