[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Westerners think of themselves as fair humanists lovi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CwemgsSUkAAwbNK.jpg (53KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CwemgsSUkAAwbNK.jpg
53KB, 1200x675px
Why do Westerners think of themselves as fair humanists loving freedom of speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEas8n6ZGgo
>>
>>76090785
compared to the rest of the world; we are
>>
>>76091223
This

Nobody in the west claims to be perfect, not even the U.S., but we're better than the rest of the world at doing freedom of speech.
>>
>France
>Freedom of speech
>>
>>76090785
Only Americans have freedom of speech.

Most Europeans unfortunately think free speech means, "You can say whatever you want as long as its not too disagreeable."
>>
>>76092043
>the Irish think freedom of Speech is where you have too say "Kill the British" every sentence
>>
>>76091972
>freedom
>>
>>76092136
>liberté

>>76092114
Most Irish people don't really think about the British all that much, except in Norn Iron.
>>
>>76090785
No idea where you get the idea that Freedom of Speech is a western idea senpai. its a uniquely american part of culture. in Europe/ The Netherlands its completely normal to be arrested for saying things that offend certain religious groups(read Muslims) or just making things like comics that are crass and edgy.
>>
>>76092417
>No idea where you get the idea that Freedom of Speech is a western idea senpai. its a uniquely american part of culture.
This is wrong. In theory, most European constitutions and EU documents guaranteeing rights say that you have a right to free speech. It's just that courts never defend it in Europe like they do in the US.
>>
>>76090785

I don't think any country has freedom of speech
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.