[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Fact: Most Arab Americans are Christian. Only 24% are Muslim.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Arab_American_religions.png (29KB, 258x253px) Image search: [Google]
Arab_American_religions.png
29KB, 258x253px
Fun Fact: Most Arab Americans are Christian. Only 24% are Muslim.

Are you surprised?
>>
It's like that for every country in the Americas except for Canada probably, so no.
>>
>>76082262
we have a lot of Lebanese and christian Palestinians, not a really big surprise
>>
File: 1420327954848.jpg (15KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1420327954848.jpg
15KB, 232x232px
>>76082262
>America is a country with very ungenerous gibs compared to Western Europe
>The ones that end up there mostly want to escape from Muslims
Yeah, not surprised. Europe always gets the short end of the stick in terms of migration.
>>
>>76082262
most Chinese Americans are Catholics, only 1% are Buddhists, I guess
>>
>>76082262
no
religious minorities flee their country more than the majority

it's like how 99% of successful Hungarian Americans are Jews, partly due to fleeing religious persecution and partly due to high Jewish intelligence and low Hungarian intelligence
>>
>>76082262
Not really.
America is the Land of the Free, it makes sense that oppressed Christians would flee there.
>>
>>76082262
>protestant 10%

Why? There are practically no Protestants in the Middle East
>>
>Christianity divided into three separate denominations
>Islam held as one, solid block of faith
>>
>>76087506
Solid? Dude... They fucking exterminate eachother over minor differences.
>>
>>76087462
Lots of converts. Our Protestant churches, especially the Baptists, tend to work very hard to convert people, and if you live in certain parts of the South being part of a church is an easy way to fit in with your peers.

>>76087506
>Islam held as one, solid block of faith

Muslims literally beheaded the sons of Muhammad more than 1000 years ago over a religious dispute. The sons of Muhammad, their Prophet. They have been slaughtering one another for almost their entire history, and the hatred between Sunni and Shia is still strong to this day (not to mention all the other branches of Islam, like whatever the fuck the Yemenis are).
>>
>>76087462
Maybe converts or people who are partly Arab
>>
central america is close to 30% protestant because of the activity of american protestant missionaries, mainly pentecostals, the talking in voices type.

here they are 10% of the population, and close to the number of actual practicing catholics. only 10-15% of the population here is made of practicing catholics. the rest only goes to church when someone is born (baptized), gets married, or dies.
>>
>>76082262
>Protestant Arabs

How is this possible?
>>
>>76084729
I think you mean Vietnamese.
>>
>>76090071
>>76090150
that was liek his point i tink

>>76091855
threre has been missionary activity in the area since Ottoman times, you could see the same in the Balkans in the early 20th century
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.