[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads im usually cynical bastard but i really are stressed out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

File: FB_IMG_1497445164073.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497445164073.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
Lads im usually cynical bastard but i really are stressed out about that burning apartament block
Poor poor people, what a nightmare
>>
>>76051030
lol like just jump off kek
>>
>events at home
Waah
>events elsewhere
Whatever.

Stop this.
>>
>>76051030
why? its just part and parcel. more people die in car accidents yknow.
>>
>>76051182
Why? It's perfectly normal to care more about yourself and extensions of yourself than about others
>>
File: 1495775662985.jpg (149KB, 590x639px) Image search: [Google]
1495775662985.jpg
149KB, 590x639px
Burn in hell anglos
>>
>>76051182
There is only so much tragedy a person can care for and its easier to care for people who have more proximity in your life.
>>
>>76051192
Car crashes are common place though. Less shocking so they don't evoke a strong emotion.
>>
>>76051280
only after the last jaw in Israel
>>
>>76051377
reeee i meant jew
>>
>>76051227
>>76051287
>it's normal
But it's bad. You have to get a perspective on these things. We can't let big issues go by like nothing for emotional reasons.
>>
>>76051182
That's called being normal.
>>
>>76051030
can't say that i really care 2bh

>>76051362
also burning to death is probably the worst death imaginable
i'd just jump out of a window desu, much less pain and fear
>>
>>76051182
So we should mourn every death that is happening every minute?
heh nonsense
>>
>>76051407
>burning to death
You pass out by the smoke or a heatstroke before you actually die.
Which is lucky.
Ground is probably better still.
>>
>>76051397
>We can't let big issues go by like nothing for emotional reasons
Sven, the reason they are "big issues" is because of emotional reasons
>You have to get a perspective on these things
What's the benefit to that? So we can cry more about the world without being able to do anything about it?
>>
>>76051397
>But it's bad.
says who?
>>
>>76051397
>You have to get a perspective on these things.
No, you have to get a perspective on these things.
Look up Dunbar's number and how humans comprehend social circles. It isn't rational to expect a group of humans in one part of the world to realistically empathise with a group of humans on the other part of the world they share no personal or emotional interaction with.
>>
>>76051182
Fuck off you Swedish cunt, of course people are going to care more about things that happen in their own countries rather than shit that happens elsewhere.
>>
>>76051030
I must admit, it's pretty gruesome... but I'm not sure what they expected. Those tower blocks are death traps, we used to have huge rows of them at Killingworth, they were notorious for jumpers committing suicide from the ledges.
>>
>>76051397
You can't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Compartmentalizing is just how you get through life.
>>
>>76051182
That's perfectly natural though.
People get scared about things that could affect them.
I care more about the mess in Turkey than about Islamic terror in the west because one of those can affect Bulgaria.
>>
>>76051407
Horrifying, really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY59mR44TLs
>>
>>76051426
If you want to do that it's an option. I suggest we stop caring about people and fix the problems that keeps killing them.
>>76051454
So if people didn't feel strongly about it the US could nuclear test Japan again?
>without being able to do
But we can. There's been numerous incidents of global uproar against situations that have changed a lot.
>>76051471
Humanitarians
Maybe you don't agree. I'm not asking for everyone to agree. I'm just asking for people who care about people emotionally to care about people rationally. This is not a proportional response.
>>76051502
>how people perceive
Irrelevant. I say it's not good for us. It doesn't matter how people work. You don't act on impulse in all things for good reasons. Stop being emotional without good reason.
>>76051519
>>76051615
>I said the obvious again
Well done. I didn't ask why. I told you to stop.
>>76051583
Not alone. I'm having to triage because I'm so alone.
>>
what happened? anyone died?
>>
>>76051654
>Irrelevant
No, it's entirely fucking relevant.
You can't expect emotions to override their very evolutionary causes, for fuck sake.
You're being irrational.
>>
>>76051670
50+
So it's big in terms of death by burning.
>>
> build commieblock
> use rainscreen
> made from flammable material too
is "government regulatioins" or "safety standards" a thing in the UK?
>>
>>76051670
Anglos have started their own little holocaust and are covering it up with (((fires)))
>>
>>76051686
jesus, what a shithole uk is, how can this happen????

50 people is a lot of people
>>
>>76051686
>50+
Good riddance.
>>
>>76051030
toasted anglos make my day
>>
>>76051686
its 50 injured retard
6 death
wish it was 50 though fuck england. india will never forget your crimes
>>
>>76051831
India owes Britain for trying to civilize them.
>>
lmao
>>
>>76051446
no you dont, you flail like a monkey being tortured as your nerve endings in your skin are seared off.
>>
>>76051831
>india will never forget your crimes
Are you ironically posting underneath a Dutch flag on purpose or was that just serendipity?
>>
>>76051654
>So if people didn't feel strongly about it the US could nuclear test Japan again?
Yes, because people would not care about it. But they would because of the fact that nuclear weapons were used on a fellow developed nation, so your assumption is invalid.
>global uproar against situations that have changed a lot.
I don't get it. You're asking for people to strongly care emotionally to create an uproar to change situations of people who they originally don't care for. What's the point?
>>
>>76051030
Poor, poor people

t. Tory
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>being trapped in a building with nowhere to go as the heated air starts to burn you smoke fills your lungs
>toddlers screaming, crying and banging windows
i feel sad now
>>
>>76051930
this would never happen in new zealand :)
>>
>>76051906
>Japan
>fellow developed nation
Zitto
>>
>>76051930
if it make you feel better it was in london so the toddlers were probably non-white/mixed
>>
>>76051930
Fun fact: Anglos don't feel pain and have no soul.
>>
>>76051685
Assuming you phrased that wrong and meant that I'm being irrational in expecting people to be able to distance themselves from a situation emotionally to make a correct decision. Maybe. But it needs to happen. If people put their energy into helping Syrian refugees in Syria rather than here we'd help hundreds times more people who are in way worse situations.
>>76051774
>>76051809
>>76051831
Very rude.
>>76051882
Yeah I guess we have to ask ourselves where pain stems from. It's true that due to how we and other mammals are rigged up when the brain stops being able to control the different muscles we can often begin to flail around. You see this in hunting a lot. Pigs who look like they're running but they're actually shot dead (shot in the head). Shots to the heart are more visually

I don't think we experience pain when on conscious. That's more philosophical though.
>>76051906
>What's the point
People who care about other people emotionally probably care about other people on a philosophical level in some way. So it serves them in exerting their will on the world.
Most moral codes oppose a lot of these incidents. I don't see why you question this without establishing your idea of why we shouldn't care about people.
>fellow developed nation
So the Japanese who don't even have a say? I disagree.
>>
>>76051969
No in New Zealand the ground would start shaking and the building would collapse around you, crushing you and all the people in it, and as the life slowly drains out of your crushed legs you can hear the moans of mothers trying to reach their sobbing children who are pinned underneath a concrete shard having the oxygen slowly but surely pushed out of their lungs.

>>76052011
edgy
>>
>>76052092
>the Japanese who
Die.
>>
>>76052092
boy, you must be filled with depression and sadness then.
>>
>>76052092
dont listen to them, youre a good poster
>>
File: muslim aid.png (704KB, 602x946px) Image search: [Google]
muslim aid.png
704KB, 602x946px
You know what?

I decided to look this up just to take a break from the usual /int/ obsession witih muslims.

I thought, hey, maybe it will do me good to read about a tragedy in Britain that isn't Islam-related. Put things in perspective.

So I click on a Guardian article.
>>
>>76052182
True. But I'm dealing with it. It's gonna be better soon.
I don't think it's related though. I know other people from before that manage fine and have similar views.
>>76052194
Ty anon. Kind of you to say.
>>
File: File_002-600x800.jpg (135KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
File_002-600x800.jpg
135KB, 600x800px
Alan Moore predicted this.
>>
>>76052257
What's that book about?
>>
>>76052092
>If people put their energy into helping Syrian refugees in Syria rather than here we'd help hundreds times more people who are in way worse situations.
I agree though just no one wants to foot the bill. Its also a lot more complicated to help them in Syria and long term thinking just doesn't happen a lot at a political level, at least in Australia.
>>
>>76052092
>more visually
I really need to learn to continue typing when I'm done thinking.
This is ridiculous. Phones are too slow.
What I meant is that heart shots often leave animals completely 'dead'. But they're bleeding out from a heart wound. They're still and die quick. But it's slower than a brain shot if you think you're dead when the brain is dead.
>>
File: 1366505973829.jpg (75KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
1366505973829.jpg
75KB, 680x497px
>>76051030
>british architecture
LMFAO
>>
>>76051654
>Humanitarians
cucks
people like you are the reason why sweden is going down
>>
File: 1496529294362.png (30KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
1496529294362.png
30KB, 320x321px
Serves them right!
>>
>>76052092
>People who care about other people emotionally probably care about other people on a philosophical level in some way
That's one hell of an assumption to make.
If one cares about those he knows or those that ressemble him socially, it doesn't mean that he will care about humanity as a whole. He has no contact with them, no link, no reason to care
>it serves them in exerting their will on the world.
If they have the will to do so in the first place, they would do it. And there would be global outroars all the time and we would not be having this discussion.
>your idea of why we shouldn't care about people.
Very simply because it brings nothing to oneself to show empathy to distant people, because we don't feel strongly about them in the first place.
>>
by all accounts the people I've seen them interviewing aren't even brits
>>
>>76052480
Its council estate commie block so only poor people and immigrants lives there
>>
I am more interested about the materials you use to build your commie blocks. Around here they are concrete dungeons, hardly flammable and usually if anything burns, it's just one flat. Do you use wood to make commieblocks, bongmen?
>>
>>76052299
Certainly. On the political level people just grab for the votes here too. All but one party (anti immigration party) said they're for helping immigrants here. None of them even proposed helping Syrians at home because it's less of a PR move for them. Except for the anti-immigration party.
Their idea of helping was pitiful (5mil sek iirc) but their party base isn't exactly about helping foreigners. It's just another type of ruse.
>>76052361
>Czech
No trust me the people who want to help at home are far more harmful. The only arguments that can be made for helping immigrants is that skilled workforce immigration would be good. But that stopped being a serious suggestion in 2015. Now it's all about helping the kids who come here alone (the wave of kids who's parents are too poor to go themselves).
Arguably if we don't drain the country completely now (good fucking luck) we'd leave them without skilled people, which may be bad but it's not as bad as not helping them at home. The state is already crippled and it wasn't that good to begin with.
>>
>>76052553
Ktos wyzej wspomnial ze uzyto tanich matrialow importowanych z Chin. Tutaj mieszkania typu council estate sa przyznawane za darmo ludziom nizszego stanu, a z racji kryzysu mieszkaniowego w UK, buduje sie je tanio, szybko i duzo skoro takie jest zapotrzebowanie. Oczywiscie wchodzi tu tez w gre polityka i przepychanki na stolkach wiec ""rozwiazywanie"" problemow to po ptostu zastepywanie ich innymi albo spychanie na dalszy plan byleby dostac glosy
>>
>>76052611
>Now it's all about helping the kids who come here alone (the wave of kids who's parents are too poor to go themselves).
ok, so you are just baiting, nevermind
>>
>>76052469
>assumption
Yes. It is. Just like yours.
My appreciation of the situation is that their proximity let's them realize how bad it is. Not that they wouldn't care if they were close to a similar situation elsewhere.
>if they have the will
They don't realize how small their effort actually has to be is the problem.
>we would not be having this discussion
Yes.
>global outroars all the time
To a point yes. We'd hopefully see a decrease in issue size or quantity.
>brings nothing to oneself
But why does it bring something to people when they're at home? It just brings them down. Usually their impact on the situation isn't that great. More often than not they draw attention from issues at home they'd normally care more about. It's impossible to balance this perfectly but ideally this would be a silent issue that would be brought to government to ensure better prevention of building fires (assuming you hold this statist ideal, doesn't matter what direction really).
But that's an unrealistic ideal. Being sad about a fire like this doesn't help people enough. Lots of people are emotionally hurt by it.
>>76052711
How so? That is the situation. There's the constant pressure of afghans we've had since forever (which nobody cared about) that gets through but overall our immigration office is more strict than you'd think. Kids get through way easier.
>>
>>76051030
It's just pakis and wogs. No Briton would be hurt.
>>
>>76052815
>Just like yours.
>Assuming that people don't care about people they have no connection with vs assuming that humans who care about their close friends and relatives would care about the entire world
>Both are of equal weight
I beg to differ.
Let's say something is known to exist, but without contact of any kind with your life. Now let's say there is something you have been in contact with your entire life. You are aware of both their dissapearance at the same time. Is it even concievable to care for both equally?
> It just brings them down.
I don't get what you are trying to say here
>>
>>76051030
>Poor poor people, what a nightmare

I am glad for those who burned.
>>
>>76052553
last year it was renovated at a cost of ten million pounds (60 gtand per dwelling, my atse that money wasn't pocketed), and plastic panels were attached to the shell to make it look less shit. This plastic is what was ignited, the entire shell coated in fuel.

The company that did it removed that section from their website last night. Lots of people are going to jail over this.
>>
>>76053461
Do you have any more details? I just got back from work so couldnt do my own research
>>
I love the smell of burned europeans in the morning
>>
>>76053461
>jail
No anon trust me they won't get jail. Jail is for poor people.
>>
File: 1483076888798.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1483076888798.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>76051030
>people
>>
>>76053548
Niggers and Mudslimes on welfare lived in that building.
>>
>>76053606
That's too bad, then. Now I'm kinda sad.
>>
>>76053515
I wrote out a large post but my browser crashed so to sum up. /pol/ got the bluprints for the building. 125 dwellings, 4 bedrooms per dwelling. It is poor London so sub-letting means they would be packed in like rats.

The fire exit was apparently blocked off due to the renovations. The gas lines were moved to run along the single flight of stairs in the building. The residents have been calling it a deathstrap on twitter since 2013. The smoke alarms were apparently all turned off.
>>
Honhonhon now it seems like the big bully empire are getting their payback huh?
Was it a good idea to steal Italian colonies? We could have them bombing us to hell but noooooo lets just steal all of Italian Libya :^) what could possibly go wrong?
Oh yeah let's also steal Eritrea, number one exporter of refugees just for the sake of it
>>
>>76051502
>tfw my Dunbar's number is 1 apparently
>>
>>76051540
>Killingworth
>>
I love to banter brits, but this is pretty guresome to be honest
especially since britain has been rather unlucky in recent times, with those terrorist attacks, brexit and their shitty government
>>
>>76054211
Jesus Christ. But thank you mate
>>
>>76051700
this. other things dont really matter honestly

and the owner mustve been cheating.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.